$100 Stocks Your Bar!!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

$100 Stocks Your Bar!!

Post by Patchez »

I had found this years ago but never could remember it or find it again. Finally i did.

This article makes some very valid points and is a cocktail guide. As they state... spend the money on the good shit if you are serving neat or rocks. Save this cheap stuff for the mixers. That is what it was initially created for...sweet and sugary masks for rotgut.

http://lifehacker.com/5337547/stock-your-bar-for-100
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: $100 Stocks Your Bar!!

Post by oettinger »

Ice - about a pound per person. Holla die waldfee, no more than ten guests for me then. Deep winter is another story though, does snow count?
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

If only there was a UK version.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Palinka wrote:If only there was a UK version.
For 100USD, it wouldn't be so much of a "stock your bar" as it would be a "buy a bottle".
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

frankennietzsche wrote:For 100USD, it wouldn't be so much of a "stock your bar" as it would be a "buy a bottle".
You aren't far off the mark. I went booze shopping today and obtained: 1 bottle of Jim Beam (for £18), 1 bottle of Polish Rye Vodka (since rye whiskey is so hard to find, I thought that I'd try it in vodka - for £20), 1 bottle of Scotch (Grants' Ale-Cask aged, blended, for £17.50), a bottle of Plymouth Gin (for £15) and a bottle of Sailor Jerry (for £22). Plus 12x500mls Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer (for £8), a sample case of 8x500mls ales (all different in region and taste, for £12) and 6 bottles of wine (all different but all French, for £35), today. I just moved to a new apartment and needed to stock up, and I was pretty lucky on the prices. But this is not a cheap country to live in; hell, petrol/benzine/gasoline costs £1.30 (on average) per litre, over here, making it over £5.67 per gallon. A price that would probably spark a revolution were it to be inflicted upon US citizens. It's lucky that we're a collection of such small islands (and a bit of another island).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

When I was very poor, them plastic handles kept the vodika safe from breakage. ...Ya know, diving from a moving vehicle.

But now, I tend to spend a bit more so's I can drink the next day too

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Palinka wrote:vodka - for £20) I just moved to a new apartment.
And would you drunken people please stop breaking Palinka`s new fancy furniture! Don`t be the assholes you are and carry on.
No. that belongs in the middle of the gentlemens room! You are damn stupid. aren`t you?
Drink!

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

Yup, I just spent $80 and picked up a handle of really cheap vodak for mixing, a handle of SJ, and a liter of Bombay.

Oh, and jalapeno stuffed olives.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

G_W wrote:Yup, I just spent $80 and picked up a handle of really cheap vodak for mixing, a handle of SJ, and a liter of Bombay.

Oh, and jalapeno stuffed olives.
Are the olives for cocktails, or booze-snacking? I find stuffed olives delicious on their own, although the garlic variety is my preferred poison.

The price of booze in the UK, Canada, and the dastardly US Control States, in descending order of insanity, is insane.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

IrishForYou'reFucked
Souse
Souse

Post by IrishForYou'reFucked »

booznik wrote:The price of booze in the UK, Canada, and the dastardly US Control States, in descending order of insanity, is insane.
That is the black hearted truth. Even with the discount stores in nearby NH, my flatmate and I spend close to 400USD just keeping our home bar stocked each month
Life's a bitch, fuck it like one. -Apple Juice

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

carthrois5 wrote:
booznik wrote:The price of booze in the UK, Canada, and the dastardly US Control States, in descending order of insanity, is insane.
That is the black hearted truth. Even with the discount stores in nearby NH, my flatmate and I spend close to 400USD just keeping our home bar stocked each month
Here in California, we have Bevmo. A lit Bevmo sign at night is a grail-shaped beacon for the drunkard. They are the Walmart of booze, minus the sweatshop products.

In the states that have Costco (and are not control), I've heard the booze is also economical there.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

$100 for half a bottle of Blue. Sipping, not draaaanking. Patchez always says to start well and end badly. I ascribe to this caveat emptor.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:$100 for half a bottle of Blue. Sipping, not draaaanking. Patchez always says to start well and end badly. I ascribe to this caveat emptor.
Scotch, in her three forms, be they blended, single malt, or single grain, should always be sippled, never drankled. Learn well, students, from the wisdom of Professor Willies.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

booznik wrote:
mistah willies wrote:$100 for half a bottle of Blue. Sipping, not draaaanking. Patchez always says to start well and end badly. I ascribe to this caveat emptor.
Scotch, in her three forms, be they blended, single malt, or single grain, should always be sippled, never drankled. Learn well, students, from the wisdom of Professor Willies.
While endrunkled, I pontificated from force of habit, but truth be told, Lady Scotch has four forms now. That guy at Compass Box created a Blended Grain, to much consternation at the time. It's called Hedonism. It's worth trying for the adventurous, although give it a miss if your cash reserves are low and your drunkard needs are high. It's an exercise in subtlety, and personally, trying it once was enough for me.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Call me a hedonist, a troglodyte, a purveyor of fine wines and whiskeys and bourbons and rums and gin

and I'll buy the next round.