A lawyer told me

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

A lawyer told me

Post by oettinger »

A friend of mine became a lawyer recently and he told me of a fine discussion he had with fellow students about drinking at the wheel.

Notice children! This is dangerous! Do not ever try this at any wheel!

He told me that when stopped by cops for driving in circles you should always have a fifth of Jäger with you and immediately drink it in front of the cops. Now you can blame your alcohol blood level on said bottle and it`s their`s to prove otherwise.
Your thoughs?
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: A lawyer told me

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:A friend of mine became a lawyer recently and he told me of a fine discussion he had with fellow students about drinking at the wheel.

Notice children! This is dangerous! Do not ever try this at any wheel!

He told me that when stopped by cops for driving in circles you should always have a fifth of Jäger with you and immediately drink it in front of the cops. Now you can blame your alcohol blood level on said bottle and it`s their`s to prove otherwise.
Your thoughs?
I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me that this would simply result in an additional charge of tampering with evidence, and then have the extra BAC added to your charge.

And perhaps a new charge of drinking in public/disorderly conduct/interfering with an officer's duties, depending on the situation.

This might also get you tasered/shot when you even reach for the bottle.

I would also point out that, at least in the US jurisdictions with which I'm familiar, you can be charged with drunk driving even if the vehicle is stopped and parked. All that is required is that you be behind the wheel and in possession of the keys, with a BAC over the limit.

If we could only locate Alex, we could make him do it and see how it turns out.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Ha, you are right! Alex should know
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:a fifth of Jäger
As a side thought, the puke-fest resulting from chugging that much room-temperature Jäger would probably be spectacular. Might even make the TV news.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Modern Drunkardists do not drive after or during communion with booze.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:Notice children! This is dangerous! Do not ever try this at any wheel!
Correct.
Palinka wrote:Modern Drunkardists do not drive after or during communion with booze.
Amen.

This lawyer friend sounds inexperienced in the ways of Booze, Law, and Ethics.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

He is a pothead. So yes, he should figure out that strange habit first.
Drink!

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

booznik wrote: I would also point out that, at least in the US jurisdictions with which I'm familiar, you can be charged with drunk driving even if the vehicle is stopped and parked..
Very True. I had a friend who got a DUI while parked. He made the right choice of sleeping in his car instead of driving home. His mistake was putting the keys in the ignition to turn the heater on. Cop said that was intention to drive.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

oettinger wrote:
Your thoughs?
They did this on one of those edgy legal drama's in the 90's, sort of... Guy was in an accident after day-drinking. He was on the phone with his lawyer either during or right after the accident. Lawyer told him to take a big hit off of a bottle in front of all the witnesses.
But that was TV.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

frankennietzsche wrote:...But that was TV.
We may have hit upon the source of young lawyer's legal advice.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

the 90s and TV, I should throw up right now but present day it`s even worse and numbed me gracefully. This horrible beer might do the trick though
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:the 90s and TV, I should throw up right now but present day it`s even worse and numbed me gracefully. This horrible beer might do the trick though

If I had a lawyer, I would hire one who's advice was only to drink cheap 'Murrican beer in the morning, and then some rum for a noon-time snack, and then when thirsty, moar cheap beer.

It hydrates the liver.

I would pay that lawyer with cheap beer, and he would thank me.

How you doing, ole chap?

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

What?

Like HaHaha!

Doing great, thanks. Russian buddy coming over in some time and we will depredate our bank accounts to fill up the bloodstreams properly.

You traded that malfunctioning travel computer for a half full box of warm white wine from cali I hope.
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I wish. Damned cheap thing is disposable, huh?

Crazy idea: we should skype with your crazy Russian bro (video off, it's better overseas visiting, huh)

I got me a crazy Injun coming by, and we gonna grill some pork chops. Oh hell yes. amen

that would be glorious

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

mistah willies wrote:I wish. Damned cheap thing is disposable, huh?

Crazy idea: we should skype with your crazy Russian bro (video off, it's better overseas visiting, huh)

I got me a crazy Injun coming by, and we gonna grill some pork chops. Oh hell yes. amen

that would be glorious
alright, I`m on in about an hour!
Need to do some more beer buying before, hear ya!
Drink!