To water or no water

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: To water or no water

Post by booznik »

oldsmartskunk wrote:Water be good. Me ship sails in it.
For some reason, reminds me of a programming teacher I had in high school who was a former submarine commander:

"I never eat seafood. Seafood is the stuff that swims by you when you're cruising by."

I wonder if he ever drank water.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

booznik wrote:
oldsmartskunk wrote:Water be good. Me ship sails in it.
For some reason, reminds me of a programming teacher I had in high school who was a former submarine commander:

"I never eat seafood. Seafood is the stuff that swims by you when you're cruising by."

I wonder if he ever drank water.
That seems like hell of a career path.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Bur wrote:...That seems like hell of a career path.
Yeah, his promotion from commander to captain was prevented by "politics", so he retired and decided to do something completely different. If teaching school is something you want to do, it's quite a lot easier if you have a pension paycheck coming in.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

“This is the bond of water. We know the rites. A man’s flesh is his own; the water belongs to the tribe.”
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

fizzy waters always good for an overly full headbone in the morning
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I swear by ginger ale, for the same reason. A loud buuuuuuurp, and the sugar also kicks the kidneys into gear.

Drinkards got drinking to do.

Modern Drunkards got drinking to do, then work, to earn more money for more drinking.

That's how we get shit done.

Ginger ale is not red

it's not ginger beer

It can help in the moaning

Arrrr

who knows

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:...It can help in the moaning
You're channeling our good friend Bur. His legendary hangovers are the size of... well, manatees. Naturally.

Bur

Post by Bur »

booznik wrote:
mistah willies wrote:...It can help in the moaning
You're channeling our good friend Bur. His legendary hangovers are the size of... well, manatees. Naturally.
Speak of the devil... Jesus fuck. Luckily I got some more maker's left so I'll just even this bastard down before finally facing it tomorrow.

VIG44
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by VIG44 »

Drinking water is never fun while drinking.. but yet if you don't want to drink yourself out of comission your body does need it.. so force it down, I personally like it with some lemon juice. I find you have a better drunken experience while your hydrated. Not so much fun when dehydrated.. so drink up! Unless you want massive kidney stones from being dehydrated..

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

JimLahey wrote:
brandonman wrote:
JimLahey wrote:I drink tons and tons of water. Sure I forget sometimes when I'm in a real bender, but I never forget to take a bottle of water to bed with me at the very least.
Same. There have been a few nights where I was out and got more sloshed than my mother knew when I'm staying at the parents' place, and she always asks me "Why do you have three giant glasses of water on your nightstand?"

I load up a shit load when I drink. I don't want to have to trek to the kitchen when I first wake up from thirst at 8am. I want to chug one of my glasses, then pass back out.
Exactly. That cold water is fucking delicious when you first wake up dry as a desert. And then back to sweet sleep.
yeah same here i try to get some in between drink oj though if i can afford not from concentrate brands,just because i love the stuff.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul