Storage

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Storage

Post by Mr. Viking »

Do you have a specific storage place or system for your beloved booze? Cellars, cocktail cabinets, bars?

I've started clearing out the cupboard under my stairs as a cellar.It's an exterior wall so it's cooler than the rest of the house. I keep my liquor in a bag in the living room.Beer stays in the cellar, to be chilled if appropriate before drinking. In theory at least. When my shed is finished I'll be storing home brew in bulk in there. I fancy making or buying a cocktail cabinet to go in the living room once I've cleared the house of crap
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Storage

Post by oettinger »

When I brought this tiny place I also brought some tiny space in the cellar with it. It was filled up with other peoples garbage (did I mention what cool place I live in?). I put a lock on it and have not been down there for nine years now, no joke.
No place for beer there, I usually store it right behind me sitting in front of the internet, the hard liquor is located on top of the freezer always in eye sight. When I wake up on mondays the look of an empty bottle on there might cause heart attacks though.
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I'm weary of the uncivilized way I store mine. I always kept it in odd cupboards, or on my desk.When I buy a house booze will play a part in the planning of it, mark my words. Booze needs a special resting place fit to honour Bacchus
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

The top shelf of my living room cupboard is where I keep home brew while it's ripening. It's in the middle of the house, has an insulated ceiling above it & there's a basement below so I figure it keeps a fairly stable temperature. Above this is another cupboard which opens into the bathroom above the shower. My wife can't reach it, so I started off using it for my brewing empties. Now it's where I keep my liquor & wine bottles. Having my stash here has come in handy when I've felt the need for a good pull on the vodka bottle while in the shower. Beer that hasn't made it to the fridge yet I leave in the laundry next to the recycling as that's where it's gunna end up.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Casual Binger wrote:Above this is another cupboard which opens into the bathroom above the shower
And then there`s this fake "book" which when pulled down opens a whole new place called "Causual Bingers secret Stroh and cigar cave"
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Beer in the fridge lower two vegetable sliders. Beer is a vegetable. It has an inedible skin. don't try peeling it with a knife

Beer in the stash and it's ready for the drigde, or draaaanking if there's no time for the fridge, or them damned college kids Dotta friends show up or if its a beer emergency

hard liquors in various locations, some of which I've memroized and can locate based upon different levels of endrunkened contextual memory:

I have to be at the right level to remember each oen.

Like, gin int he freezer where the moose meat is, rum in eveyr nook and cranny, and this evnas williams straight bourbon i find to be located wherever i bene sitting all thorught this weekend.

I think it's like a dog wanting a walk.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

new addition to my 'cellar'

will be tapping it next week and running a line through to the handpump which i need to locate somewhere in the kitchen

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

I have a nice oak liquor cabinet in my living room. A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Miklo wrote:I have a nice oak liquor cabinet in my living room. A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on.
I just removed a bit from my sig so I could fit that quote in.

Cheers.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Mr. Viking wrote:new addition to my 'cellar'

(img)

will be tapping it next week and running a line through to the handpump which i need to locate somewhere in the kitchen

To what does the Xmas date refer? Forgive me, young aleman, I cannot see the fine print.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:To what does the Xmas date refer? Forgive me, young aleman, I cannot see the fine print.
I believe that actually says 26 December, although at first glance it does look like 25. I assume this is the "best before" date.

The Destroyer of Tables will surely enlighten us when he returns.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Mr. Viking wrote:Do you have a specific storage place or system for your beloved booze?...
Does, "In my bloodstream" count?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Palinka wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:Do you have a specific storage place or system for your beloved booze?...
Does, "In my bloodstream" count?
Well played, sir, well played.

In the context of Miklo's post, it must be said that you are the stand alone place in your home for booze. I'll drink to that.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

done and done. 26/12/14 is the theoretical expiry date if left untapped. Tapping reduces it to less than a week
bar/lectern made from offcuts and scraps from office/flat conversion

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote: done and done. 26/12/14 is the theoretical expiry date if left untapped. Tapping reduces it to less than a week
bar/lectern made from offcuts and scraps from office/flat conversion
Gentlemen, start your BEER ENGINES.