Go to drink

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Go to drink

Post by Patchez »

My go to would have to be whiskey. Rye more now than bourbon but either do the trick.

Oh and beer. Cheap or craft. I'm not picky.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Whisk(e)y, beer, gin & tonic.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

oettinger wrote: It`s like music, you can listen to a song or an album to death, then never listen to it again. But there are some you can always fall back onto when there`s no other way out.
The music analogy is apt, but it also works the other way, in terms of aquiring tastes. I got the new Ball Park Music album for Fathers' Day & it sounds all right, but ive only listened to it a few times so far. Their second album i think is superb, like a Pavement album, song after song that just keep delivering. But it wasnt like that when i first listened to it. I remember thinking, this is ok. Coming back to drink after a long break, theres some tastes i mean to acqire.

Oh yeah, im back in the saddle. I spent friday night in Brisbane & i figured, whats two weeks, ive done long enough without. So i had a long island iced tea & a bottle of Devils Lair Secret Cave Margaret River Chardonnay. Not exactly binging but very pleasant nonetheless. The tea was fantastic, the dominant flavour was the tequila, but it was all good. The chardonnay was a bit disappointing. It was too cold, so the first couple of glasses didnt taste of much other than acidity. It was nice enough when it warmed up a bit but at $23 was overpriced. Still, live & learn. But why do i buy white wine? Im a newbie again, i need to rid myself of any assumptions. I should try a few reds. Anyway, the tea was so good that i decided I'll make myself one at home in the near future. This means i get an instant liquor cabinet, it has so many quality ingredients. I also think this going to be my go to cocktail to order in a bar. The only time i had it before was when we had a party this time & someone borrowed a water cooler from somewhere & we filled it with a bottle each of the spirits & coke. It was pretty horrible. I think fresh lime juice & shitloads of ice make all the difference.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Congrats on returning to the fold!

Whatever you choose to drink, cheers.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

booznik wrote:Congrats on returning to the fold!

Whatever you choose to drink, cheers.
Yes, & the silly season is almost upon us. Well, it seems that way. Weve already started planning our work Xmas do (im on the organising committee). Since ill be going to Japan for four weeks between now & then, itll be here in no time.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

For me it is Evan Williams neat. I very rairly mix my liquor, there are only a handfull of cocktails I will mix and drink. But EW has been my go to for several years now. I may switch to old crow or mabey some gin for a week or two then back to EW. With how much I drink, I tend to stay on thge bottom shelf unless I have company or it is a special event I am hosting, in which I would splurge and get something top shelf.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I can confirm that Oettinger's go to drink is vodka mixed with anything that will make it taste more like toilet cleaner. Or, alternatively, whatever bottle is within lurching distance
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Mr. Viking wrote:I can confirm that Oettinger's go to drink is vodka mixed with anything that will make it taste more like toilet cleaner. Or, alternatively, whatever bottle is within lurching distance

Lurching

Quite appropriate. Tall dude huh

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Mr. Viking wrote:Or, alternatively, whatever bottle is within lurching distance
It went something like this I guess:
"I like the taste of this Brown Drink" - oettinger
"This is spiced rum" (dumbass) - Mr Viking
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

"why is it tasting of vanilla?"
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

And, lest we forget, "Shut up Oettinger!"
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage