favourite kind of drunkeness

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: favourite kind of drunkeness

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Same as erection - long and hard with sudden violent finish!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oldsmartskunk wrote:Same as erection - long and hard with sudden violent finish!

HA!

That is highly quotable my friend
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

How has no on mentioned the best kind of drunkenness of all. Free.

Yeah, how about it? Hammered on someone else's tab. Doesn't happen often but by Bacchus enjoy it when it does.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Patchez wrote:How has no on mentioned the best kind of drunkenness of all. Free.

Yeah, how about it? Hammered on someone else's tab. Doesn't happen often but by Bacchus enjoy it when it does.
Yeah, I didn't specify that when I wrote in praise of the unexpected drunk, but free is a big part of that. It's not all of it. You can still have a good unexpected drunk where you pay your own way, but an unexpected free drunk trumps an antictipated free drunk in my book.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I figured your post had a lot to do with the free but you never specifically mentioned it.

Really though they do both kinda go hand in hand.

Skal!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

ColdWarRelic
Souse
Souse

Post by ColdWarRelic »

Call me an old fart if you're charitable, or a misanthrope if you want to be a nasty about it, but that slow, steady boozing all by oneself over the course of a long evening is a delight. Its not completely lonely, of course, as there is soft music, the noise of the spouse in the background, and ye olde Interwebz. Its even better when nothing has to be done the next day which, alas, is the exception.

In my younger, wilder days I was down with the silly drinking, the social drinking, the dating drinking or ... well, I loss my train of thought. Now, listening to some old blues tunes, the rain on the roof, and a sipping a damn good Scotch is hard to beat.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^

HappyLittleBoozer
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by HappyLittleBoozer »

My favourite time being drunk is passing the 'I don't give a crap how many ive just had' mentality, to the point where it feels you're not in a body and more like a sandbag that's full of weight, incoherently slurring words and yet secretly hoping the bar-staff still think you're undrunk enough to fool them. The long walk home in the cold and rain is worth it for that moment of bliss when your head hits the pillow as soon as you've walked in.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

the kind when you want to type but yu should be going to bed.

tomrrommorning

to morrow morning is another taste of lovely Misss Ethyl

I should not be here

But fucking excellnt that there are some fine mutht
some fien

soem

some fine Modern Drunkars who pratise our religeion all week long instead of only on th eweekend

but tht is good as well
DIRNKQ
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Drinking Rat
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Drinking Rat »

My favorite drunkenness is when you've been going for more than a day, and all of a sudden you have these moments of clarity where you feel like a brave explorer being undercover in a weird weird world.

My favorite time when I was drunk was 3 weeks back when the bar where I work had closed and I was after-drinking with my boss. Apparently he couldn't take my rhythm and he passed out on the toilets, leaving me with a fully stocked professional bar at my disposal without any form of control. I put on a smooth tune and made myself a few crazy experimental cocktails before blacking out myself. It was the feeling of a little kid on halloween with a big bag of candy eating himself unconscious.

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Drinking Rat wrote:My favorite drunkenness is when you've been going for more than a day, and all of a sudden you have these moments of clarity where you feel like a brave explorer being undercover in a weird weird world... It was the feeling of a little kid on halloween with a big bag of candy eating himself unconscious.
Beautiful!

Welcome aboard.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

I was in Lake Tahoe last week. At about 11:00 AM, I sat down at a Three Card Poker table and began playing cards and drinking "free" rum and cokes. At 6:30 PM, I left the table and was surprised at how drunk I was.

The slow, steady process of drinking and gambling eased my body and brain into a peaceful easy feeling. THAT is a great drunkenness.
DRINK!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

There are only a few things I know about Draaanking, but they seem to hold True, ole buddy Dear Booze.

Some of those are these:

"Don't Break The Seal" until you have a full bladder. It's kinda like a cell phone battery. It remembers, but only between drinks.

"When You Stand Up For The First Time" you will need to find your land legs.

"Skype Is Fun"

I know more, but it must not be said here

*hiccup*

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

mistah willies wrote:There are only a few things I know about Draaanking, but they seem to hold True, ole buddy Dear Booze.

Some of those are these:

"Don't Break The Seal" until you have a full bladder. It's kinda like a cell phone battery. It remembers, but only between drinks.

Ah yes the land legs. When I got up I found all seven of them. They were tangled like a miss used extension cord. Took me a while to make them function together
DRINK!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Dear Booze wrote:
mistah willies wrote:There are only a few things I know about Draaanking, but they seem to hold True, ole buddy Dear Booze.

Some of those are these:

Ah yes the land legs. When I got up I found all seven of them. They were tangled like a miss used extension cord. Took me a while to make them function together
Skype is like a seagull
http://youtu.be/MS_LYr2ENPM