favourite kind of drunkeness

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Donald J. Drunk
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

favourite kind of drunkeness

Post by Donald J. Drunk »

What's yours?

Mine is a when after 12 hours of steady drinking your lizard brain and your person brain synchronize perfectly to form the überdrunkmensch. Your thoughts clear as a bottle of freezer chilled vodka, your liver as quick as ursain bolt.
You may now lavish your congratulations upon me.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: favourite kind of drunkeness

Post by oettinger »

It`s monkey brain dumbass and blacked out is great, but before that "heavily loaded" should be the term describing it best. With my cynical approach on live I`m always in a good mood somehow even during the apoaclypse I`ll find something to laugh about, drink helps alot enduring this state of mind though
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Interesting...

I have a few. One is the early morning buzz when you have things expected of you, but you take the time to care for yourself and sip and savor that first taste. You know, that secret sip is sacred. Connection to a higher power.

The one where you drop a couple shots before you head out to the pub or what have you, and by the time you get there, you got a bit of a glow going on... Anticipation of continuing is making your stomach tremble and your mouth water.

Of course, laughing and stumbling about in the company of good people, not mean ugly ones, that is the best.

The worst is when no matter what, I don't get a buzz at all. Just don't know what that is, maybe it's frame of mind? But that is rare.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:...The worst is when no matter what, I don't get a buzz at all. Just don't know what that is, maybe it's frame of mind? But that is rare.
It's called being underpoured by cheapskates, and should be a federal offense.

Unless you're the bartender, in which case, you work it out with yourself.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

booznik wrote: you work it out with yourself.
Hehehe "working out yourself", beavis is that you?
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Any and all.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:
booznik wrote: you work it out with yourself.
Hehehe "working out yourself", beavis is that you?
Shut up, Butthead! I am Cornholio.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

tp for my bunghole

on a more serious note, I like three the most;

when I haven't had a good drink for a while and I have a few. Everything goes wobbly quite fast;

when I decide to forego my usual beer or wine and instead take a big swig of whiskey or gin. Feels unique. Confident, happy, warm, I know something good is coming next;

lastly, a different feeling, when I've had a few days at it, I start drinking, feel nothing, keep going, feel nothing. Not even enjoying the taste. Feel pretty grim the whole time. Then suddenly the world turns over and I feel great. Through the whole experience I think I'm dying until epiphany. During this experience I never feel drunk. I am usually witty and charming
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:...lastly, a different feeling, when I've had a few days at it, I start drinking, feel nothing, keep going, feel nothing. Not even enjoying the taste. Feel pretty grim the whole time. Then suddenly the world turns over and I feel great. Through the whole experience I think I'm dying until epiphany. During this experience I never feel drunk. I am usually witty and charming
I have been there, and in my considered opinion, it is a sign that what you're drinking simply isn't strong enough.

Get something that can sustain a flame without being heated first, and it will cure the un-drunk blues. Then stop just before you reach the table-smashing stage, and switch to something milder. Such as 4% cask ale, as seen on MDM-vision.

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

That state of fuzzyheadedness where the sex almost takes on a silly, magical quality... Immediately followed up by sleepy-bye time. Waking in the morning faintly embarrassed at the things you allowed yourselves to do to each other... But eager to try again...

Yeah... Like that.
<insert something profound here>

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

The ones where I escape injury (especially serious wounds).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

There's that very special moment when I feel like my entire brain is packed in cotton. It's through great dedication and deep devotion that I'm able to maintain that feeling; the volume and frequency of maintainance beverages require attention to detail... Or just plain dumb luck.
DRINK!

WhiskeyReb
Souse
Souse

Post by WhiskeyReb »

Mine is that sweet spot when I'm laughing hysterically at myself, while explaining to my wife why the hole in my socks or the slurring or her name is so dang funny...but I'm not yet throwing up or nursing a hangover.

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

My favourite drunk is the unexpected one. You're invited to some lunch or something and it feels like a bit of an obligation but you go because they're quite nice and you dont have to stay that long, just enough to be polite. As soon as you walk in the door the host is pressing a drink into your hand and his girl is constantly topping you up, they're passing out shots, in half an hour you're halfway buzzed and you end up staying all afternoon having a great time.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I hate to eat too much and then try to get my game back on. Fuck the food coma.

Today, eating is the last thing on my plate. Nice one glowing now.