Drinking at Home

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

WhiskeyReb
Souse
Souse

Drinking at Home

Post by WhiskeyReb »

I'm new to this forum, and delighted to have discovered it. I've been a casual drinker for years, but really laid off the stuff while the kids were growing up. My youngest headed off for college this fall, and I've rediscovered, to my surprise, the joy of getting hammered. I'm like a kid in a candy store, except I'm a middle aged guy in a liquor store.

I do most of my drinking at home, as a DUI would cost me my job. But I'm somewhat amazed at how i enjoy getting a good buzz on at night. (though cheap Bacardi Superior makes me wake up the next morning not remembering going to bed the night before.)

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Drinking at Home

Post by peetie44 »

Welcome, WhiskeyReb!

New guy buys…I'll have some of that Bacardi over pineapple juice.

CHEERS!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Welcome

I'll take some black rum,

and hey, let's hope you remember that you visited here tonight,

tomorrow

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I know the new guys buys rule, but I got this round. I too have the "empty nest" thing going. Cheers to our new found freedom! Cheers to no boomrerang kids as well!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Donald J. Drunk
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Donald J. Drunk »

Patchez wrote:I know the new guys buys rule, but I got this round. I too have the "empty nest" thing going. Cheers to our new found freedom! Cheers to no boomrerang kids as well!
in that case, thank you rather very much! i am currently doing the threads title. i do not have kids, all is well!
You may now lavish your congratulations upon me.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Constantin wrote: i do not have kids...
Not that you know of, correct?

ohhhhh...

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

My oldest is 11, my youngest is 3. There's a 7 year old in between. Girl-Boy-Girl.

Being a man of dubious morals and somewhat shady character, I am concerned as to the demeanor of my two X-chromo offspring. The onset of menarche could find me curled up under a pier somewhere clutching my last bottle of Ripple, weeping my last few tears into the uncaring sand...

Completely ignoring the double-standard, I hope the Boy-child grows into a strapping young lad who cuts a wide swath through the hearts of other Men's Daughters.

The circle of Life.

Either way, I'd say the bulk of my imbibing is done in the safety of my domicile. Having grown up with a Sheriff's Deputy for a Father, I have a healthy respect/fear of our drunk driving laws.

Besides, all of my stuff is here...
<insert something profound here>

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

You know the Rev. brings up some good points about drinking at home, safety, close to kith and kin, as well as all your cool toys/gadgets. I generally enjoy drinking at the homestead for these very reasons as well as some the those mentioned in other posts. I also fear these same things may be having a detrimental effect on the greatest place of all to drink. Out. The bar. The pub. The boozer. The sociality of boozing make this one of drinking's great joys.

If you live in a metro area there is still plenty of out action. Smalltown USA and it's rural surroundings are slowly becoming a wasteland of closed locals and dives. Fear of DUI, teamed with common sense about not doing such a dumbass thing, and a lack of any sort of public transport seem to be choking the very soul out of going out. The unrealiability of the DD system, they always end up having one or two, and the staggering cost of a cab that has to run you 20 miles one way to get to the nearest source of nightlife seem to me the death knell for one of the things I love about boozing.

I still get a taste for it when I visit the big cities for weekend get aways or vacation but that always leaves me jonesing for it.

*sigh*
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Be your own best friend and the home bar is filled with cool people to talk shit to, they will listen!
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

oettinger wrote:Be your own best friend and the home bar is filled with cool people to talk shit to, they will listen!
And all the toilet paper that you can eat.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Finn
Souse
Souse

Post by Finn »

Hello all. Im pretty drunk right now. I absolutely love drinking at home. I downed six shots of whiskey and im feeling pretty good right now. Christmas will come soon, and i wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year. Cheers!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Here's some interesting links for those drinking at home: Best Beers, Cocktails and recipes for Sliders. What more could you want?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

Cheers and enjoy. May you find a home here.

And I'll take whatever you're pouring.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Welcome to happy hour!
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

I still don't know what's up with those normal folk. I'll occassionally answer the peer's question at classes or on facebook messenger of "Oh hey what did you end up doing last night?" with "Oh, I got drunk and watched a movie, then browsed the internet". I ALWAYS get an "Oh, who'd you watch a movie with??", to which I reply "Myself?..." and I get a concerned "Oh...".

Drinking alone is apparently a lost art reserved for those of us on a "dark" path.

But really, there's not much more enjoyable than a good night of kicking back with a shitload of booze, a movie, and chilling out. My favorite is to do snapchat story commentary on the movie, just for shits and grins. My other drunkard buddy does this as well, and we regularly give each other some pats on the back for the hilarious shit we say when drunk watching a movie alone.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits