Drinking with lightweights... Boooo

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

stranger
Tippler
Tippler

Re: Drinking with lightweights... Boooo

Post by stranger »

first of all i'd like the records to state that this is my first post ever. not only on this forum. i mean EVER. i've perused other forums before, usually in search of knowledge but also as a way of whiling away a miserable hungover afternoon at work. but this is the first time i've experienced the feeling of finding my brethren, so i immediatelly signed up.
i've just spent xmas with my folks, and, given my history, my old man refuses to offer me any alcohol whatsoever. which means that im reduced to the juvenile act of pretending im going to the loo every half an hour in order to take a huge swig of rum from the liquor cabinet, as the beer being served just wont do.
these people are just incapable of comprehending the crushing nature of the boredom we're talking about.

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by AntonArkydivich »

As another relatively new member of MD, welcome!

My old man is the same way, only more because of his past than mine, and I remind him of himself. I still remember him walking into my room when I was home on holiday and asking me "Are you drunk?"

"Yep." was my reluctant reply.

"Figures. No way any kid of mine was gonna end up dry." (For context, my dad still has a drink on occasion, but never around the kids).

Talked to him for almost an hour, and he didn't mention it again. But the man will not let me drink around him (unless it's with my mom).
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter

stranger
Tippler
Tippler

Post by stranger »

As another relatively new member of MD, welcome!
cheers for the warm welcome, mate
i've read a couple of your posts, and i must say i like your style, as well as your musical taste

last night i've found out my old man thinks im bipolar because of all the drink and drugs
it took an sms from my psychiatrist to convince him that it's a genetic disorder (ergo he's to blame, not me - but of course i didnt say that or even feel that way) and the substance abuse is just a symptom, an attempt at self-medication

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by AntonArkydivich »

Eesh, sorry to hear it. I got lucky enough to have an old man who recognizes himself when he looks in the mirror of his kid.

Like Papa said, life is like an operation, and why should man not be allowed a pain-killer? But we still get to choose it, for good or bad.
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

I went out to the bar with my buddy the other night for pitchers night. Had four pitchers, and felt kinda sorta tipsy, but kept up a very convincing undrunk front, and could walk a straight line and go through my grandiose drinking tales without slurring. (Turns out he has no good stories, despite having studied in fucking SCOTLAND AND GERMANY of all places) Last night at his house party while I was throwing them back and drinking whiskey he commented "I think he's an alcoholic guys, haha! We had four pitchers and he was still straight as an arrow last night". I proceeded to explain the wonders that getting sloshed every night for 12 nights in a row does for your body's ability to process alcohol. Apparently that convinced them of his position further. Pssh, some people.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

SKguy
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by SKguy »

I have the opposite problem. A number of my friends either don't drink very much, or at all. On new years we usually have a get-together, and one year one of my Mennonite friends brought two of his anti-alcohol cousins, and I ended up not having much to drink. It sucked.
Usually, they're ready to throw in the towel just as I'm getting started! What's the point of spending the extra money on alcohol when you're just gonna stop when you get a slight buzz?
I do have friends who love to get hammered, but I don't get to see them very often.

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

SKguy wrote:I do have friends who love to get hammered, but I don't get to see them very often.
They are probably busy getting hammered!

RyanOwens
Tippler
Tippler

Post by RyanOwens »

God it was terrible. A friend and I went to a concert here in Ottawa and I had the fortune of introducing him (a rather lightweight indeed) to some of the harder stuff since he had constrained himself largely to water-beers. It ended terribly, with him in the concert ground at the end of the night screaming "Who's going to let me stick my dick in her pussy" and then puking all over the floor of the public transit. When I say it ended horribly, I mean I rather enjoyed it but he certainly did not. I'm afraid I've put him off The Liquor for a while.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

RyanOwens wrote:...I had the fortune of introducing him (a rather lightweight indeed) to some of the harder stuff...I'm afraid I've put him off The Liquor for a while.
Ha! Memories. The follwoing is not made up: This one strange guy attended my 17th birthday party and it turned out the liquor didn`t mix well with his psycho-medication. He ended up masturbating in public at downtown`s main bus station among other things.
Drink!

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

oettinger wrote:Ha! Memories. The follwoing is not made up: This one strange guy attended my 17th birthday party and it turned out the liquor didn`t mix well with his psycho-medication. He ended up masturbating in public at downtown`s main bus station among other things.
That's what i'd call fucking deplorable!
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Herman wrote:
oettinger wrote:Ha! Memories. The follwoing is not made up: This one strange guy attended my 17th birthday party and it turned out the liquor didn`t mix well with his psycho-medication. He ended up masturbating in public at downtown`s main bus station among other things.
Lord I apologize.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Patchez wrote:
Herman wrote:
Lord I apologize.
*whew*

I thought that was me

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

oettinger wrote:This one strange guy attended my 17th birthday party and it turned out the liquor didn`t mix well with his psycho-medication. He ended up masturbating in public at downtown`s main bus station among other things.
it was you, wasn't it?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Mr. Viking wrote:
oettinger wrote:This one strange guy attended my 17th birthday party and it turned out the liquor didn`t mix well with his psycho-medication. He ended up masturbating in public at downtown`s main bus station among other things.
it was you, wasn't it?
Viking, don`t mess up my post`s ambience already! Thing was steaming ahead
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

oettinger wrote:...my post [..definitely as steaming...
Yep. Yep.

Like all your posts, it was most definitely steaming...

"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage