Drinking and Jamming

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

KingoftheJuice
Tippler
Tippler

Drinking and Jamming

Post by KingoftheJuice »

If there is already a thread relating to rocking your face while getting shnockered, I'll just shut the fuck up. However, if there is not....

Typically I listen to a pretty eclectic mix of music depending on my mood or vibe. Today I'm rocking my face to "The Ramones" radio on Pandora. Although if the wife and I are getting lit we usually listen to Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, and other similar musicians. When I'm drinking by myself I usually like take Lemmy's advice and turn my stereo as loud as it'll go listen to Heavy Metal and Punk. Naturally there are the classic bands like Metallica, Motorhead, The Misfits, Black Flag, etc. More contemporary bands I really enjoy listening to while I'm catching a buzz are White Stripes, Foo FIghters, alternative rock stuff.

I would be interested to hear what other people like listening to when there drinking the fire water.
This beer tastes like I'm not going to work tommorow.

Finn
Souse
Souse

Re: Drinking and Jamming

Post by Finn »

I mostly listen to heavy metal and rock when im drinking. Trance and techno is also good. One of my favourites is WASP. I once saw motorhead live at a concert and they were so damn good. I was drunk of course, the best state of mind to listen to music. Im pretty wasted right now, i have been drinking whiskey alot today. So, whats your favourite beverage KingoftheJuice? I like beer and whiskey.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

KingoftheJuice wrote:If there is already a thread relating to rocking your face while getting shnockered, I'll just shut the fuck up. However, if there is not...
There are many such threads about drinking music. The most poplar seems to be, "Whatcha listening to??

To find more music threads, just type in "music" in the box marked "Search", at the top right-hand side of your screen. Too get more specific or to find whatever style of music you are looking for, use the "Advanced Search" box, underneath the, above mentioned "Search" box, and fill in the relevant boxes.

Either or these methods of search, should bring back the results for you are looking.

Happy Searching!

Your friendly neighbourhood moderator.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mikegj1077
Souse
Souse

Post by mikegj1077 »

Ramones? I listened to that shit when I was in prison. Try Fleshtones, Roman Gods album. Best 1980s band ever.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

My band doesn't groove without getting sloshed. But there's a fine line.

We played an hour set at a wedding reception, and a buddy of all of our's band (he knows everybody in the county in the music scene. He IS the music scene there)did the rest of the night. I soon discovered that despite just being in the "opener" band, the draft beer was free. Fuck it, I thought. Draft or not, I can get pissed for free. Let's do this. Started building the classic plastic cup stack. Then it was time for celebration shots for the whole reception. It was one of THOSE bars. You know, where when you go to the pisser, you see two doors - one labeled bulls, and another labeled heifers. So we did shots and shots to celebrate. Then I went back to my free draft. The girl selection was thin - they were all married but one that I SHOULD have chatted up but didn't for some reason. I'm a shy guy around girls, even sloshed. I kept drinking my free beers, because I've got a ride home, and no girls to impress by playing anymore.

Then, the LAST damn set, Corey, the guy we all know, yells "HEY BRANDON! C'MON UP HERE MAN!" and wants me to play with his band. Oh fuck, Fuck you Corey, I'm not prepared for this, you evil rat bastard! I WILL get you for this, you sonofabitch! Now of course, I'm a nice well collected guy, and never an angry drunk, just a fun as fuck drunk, a shenanigans drunk, or a depressed drunk when I'm alone. I get up there, reset up my equipment, and jam along to some song (I knew it, but fuck me I can't remember what it was.). I think I pulled off an improvised solo for it. No matter how drunk I am, I can still rock out some sort of lead work.

And then, after the song ended, I just started noodling some. And I made a huge fucking mistake. I noodled a recognizeable song. One that everybody in our music circle recognizes. Everybody in the crowd recognizes. Without turning down. One that *I* sure as hell don't know the words to, and nobody else was in a state to try to collect together. This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI

And so Corey goes "Hell yea man!", and plays along with me, and doesn't know the parts to it, just follows. The bass kicks in, the drums join us, and the sax guy noodles along. "Oh fuck, what have I done? You fucking bastards I was noodling". Nobody singing. Me leading the whole shebang, drunk off my tits. I rock the intro for an ungodly long time, and randomly throw in the breaks and bridges. It completely trainwrecks, but Corey shuts us down casually like we planned it early enough. Shakes my hand, and helps me off stage.

I got shit from my band for the next month after that one. Haha.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits