Looking for Advice from all you seasoned drinkers..

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

WhiskeyReb
Souse
Souse

Re: Looking for Advice from all you seasoned drinkers..

Post by WhiskeyReb »

Anxiety can range from mild nervousness to full blown panic attacks. Each of us is different, so we don't all handle booze the same way. For me, a bit too much the night before will make me feel sluggish till early-mid afternoon the next day. My brain will operate a bit slower, but it doesn't cause anxiety.

There's just too much difference in all of us to prescribe a fix to your dilemma without more information. Plus, diagnosing stuff is not the reason I visit this forum. I come here because I like to drink and express my feelings about booze in a non-judgmental environment. If you're dealing with clinical anxietyI and depression, you need professional help. But I figure deep down inside you know whether your anxiety/depression is clinical or booze related. And here's hoping it's booze related, because that's much easier to treat.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I clearly remember mornings of regret, the "drinkers remorse". anxiety and fear of what the fuck i did last night. wht did i break what did i say will they ever talk to me again.
that was when i was a young drunk. So now I either handle my booze better or I got my head straight, one or the other. maybe i stopped giving a fuck?
relax man. try weed.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

ThirstyDrunk wrote: relax man.
My bank account just told me to "go fuck myself"
Other than that I`m fine, thanks for asking and cheers sunday drunks
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

WhiskeyReb wrote:... Plus, diagnosing stuff is not the reason I visit this forum. I come here because I like to drink and express my feelings about booze in a non-judgmental environment. If you're dealing with clinical anxietyI and depression, you need professional help. But I figure deep down inside you know whether your anxiety/depression is clinical or booze related. And here's hoping it's booze related, because that's much easier to treat.

DRINK! to that right there.

Amen.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Churchill
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Churchill »

Hi Vig,
I joined after reading your post because I echo your thread.
I've noticed personally that beer will cause heavy anxiety the following day.
Some beers are worse than others, an Irish Red isn't bad but the rest are.
I've looked into it and it's a possible yeast reaction., but who knows.
Liquors don't seem to have this symptom, as much or at all.
Don't let anyone say this is because you're unhappy or whatever.
It seems to be a delayed physiological reaction to the beer,,, and I love beer... it sucks.
Just want to add that...

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Churchill wrote:Hi Vig,
I joined after reading your post because I echo your thread.
I've noticed personally that beer will cause heavy anxiety the following day.
Some beers are worse than others, an Irish Red isn't bad but the rest are.
I've looked into it and it's a possible yeast reaction., but who knows.
Liquors don't seem to have this symptom, as much or at all.
Don't let anyone say this is because you're unhappy or whatever.
It seems to be a delayed physiological reaction to the beer,,, and I love beer... it sucks.
Just want to add that...
I don`t buy that.
Drink!

Churchill
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Churchill »

Not believing something doesn't make it less real.
If you search this type of topic you'll see there are lots of people who have the same bizarre reaction. Are they all simply making it up or have some deep rooted mental issues? Usually the simplest answer is correct, they (me) might be a little more sensitive to something in the beer... I still drink beer, but I definitely feel the difference. Spirits/Liquor doesn't have the same effect and it's rather noticeable.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Casual Binger wrote:... Chemical imbalances - schemical schmimschmalances! Are you master of your own destiny? Have you accepted ethanol as your personal saviour?
Spoken like a true Drunkard and adept of alcohol.

Yes, there are secrets, or "cheat codes" if you will, in regard to counter-hangover measures that can be taken during extreme drinking situations. Many of these are contained within the unconscious wisdom shared by those in tune with the higher ethyl plane of Drunkard being. Others are guarded by sacred orders so obscured and mysterious that their very existence is the subject of conjecture! I can tell you from my own mystic studies that vitamin B-12 supplements are fucking awesome. And remember, hardcore sex is a great way to sweat out all those nasty toxins from the cheap swill you're constantly guzzling.

If you happen to have a helper monkey, make sure it knows how to make a good greasy breakfast and a nice cup of Oolong tea in the morning. Sleeping for 14-18 hours straight will generally kill any hangover. The general directive is to destroy hangovers by any means necessary and, by God soldier, that's what you're gonna do.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Can we drink now?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be