Amazon Prime - booze delivery service and other shit

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Amazon Prime - booze delivery service and other shit

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Gentleman, I’m not normally one to support big corporations mainly because often the product/service is not worth the cost. Whether it be Apple or TJD. Anyway I have a corporation which I would like to give my drunkard seal of approval to. Those tax avoiding bastards at Amazon. More specifically Amazon Prime. I can now get my liquor delivered to my door in a single day for the cost of the liquor.

Son of a Carpathian whore! Has anything been so great ever? I think not. This is the positive outcome of consumerism. When Francis Fukuyama wrote that essay, which many consider to be premature, on the victory of western liberal democracies this is the type of thing I think he meant. I can finish a bottle in a night and order another bottle that night to be delivered to me for the following day. In some cases I can wake up early in the morning take a giant monster turd and browse whisky on the toilet. By the time that giant monster turd is out my whisky has arrived.

Could such a service have been created in Soviet Russia for example? No, it’s too decadent and easy. The Soviet establishment was no friend to the drunkard. Going so far to limit alcohol sale in some cases.

Anyway where was I? I’ve distracted myself. Where I live off-licences shut on Sundays far too early. I’ve always said to my Compadres suffering from a theistic existential crisis’s “You question if God exists? Try buying a bottle of Scotch on Sunday evening”. Well now you can buy a bottle of scotch on a Sunday, and often it is a few pounds cheaper than you would find in a supermarket.

I’ve just got a bottle of Old Pulteney 12 Year.

Anyway I must go so I can drink more… and answer the all-important question: “William needs to buy £43.27 worth of booze. Unfortunately, William has only £25.52 in his wallet. Assuming a wino walks past the off-licence every 80 seconds. With the first wino giving Willy £1.43, the second wino giving £2.83 and the third wino giving £2.56, with the fourth wino restarting the cycle at £1.43 again. How long will it take to the nearest minute before Willy has mugged off enough winos to meet his booze budget?”
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

hossthomas
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Amazon Prime - booze delivery service and other shit

Post by hossthomas »

I use Amazon a lot, but unfortunately they don't offer this glorious service in my area. I am jealous, sir.
into each life a little stroh's must fall - surreal

i told my landlord and all the other tenants they could fuck off if they don't like hank- hellbound glory

thommy
Tippler
Tippler

Post by thommy »

I am fortunate that I will use this Amazon as I wanted to enjoy what other people did experience. That I may also be able to share what was going on.

Last edited by thommy on Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

thommy wrote:I am fortunate that I will use this Amazon as I wanted to enjoy what other people did experience. That I may also be able to share what was going on.
Indded, thommy.

we all werk here to help each other out with this sort of interesting things.

We will keep any eye out for you, thommy. We will help you to discover your true path to life.

yes, we must all make the money. That is the good thing. Also, it is more good to enjoy life with dialogue, duscussion, talk, speech, and the hearing with and for and also into each other.

It is truly

about communication and connection.

also, a a nice pair of shoes.

Namaste.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

thommy wrote:I am fortunate that I will use this Amazon as I wanted to enjoy what other people did experience. That I may also be able to share what was going on.
Go Amazon Prime! (One day i'm sure they'll buy my liqour for me)

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Did you know that Amazon don't only sell books?

What did you say 1950s Herman? Amazon don't only sell books?

I sure did say that Kiddo! With Amazon Prime you can buy booze and have it delivered to your house in one day free of charge with the Amazon Prime service.

Oh boyo Mister. That sounds great! I'm going to order myself some Tequila for my lunch box right away!

You better son! Otherwise the Commies will win!

SKguy
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by SKguy »

That's pretty cool! There used to be a small business here that delivered smokes and liquor to people, but I don't think it's around anymore... services like that need to be more common... in fact, it would keep people from driving drunk. They would need to take steps to make sure it's not some teenager trying to get someone to pull liquor for them, but it's a fantastic idea.
I usually make sure I have enough liquor, but occasionally I don't, and then I have to walk down to the off-sale which is several blocks away (and pay much more than I would at the LBS, but that's another rant).

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

SKguy wrote:That's pretty cool! There used to be a small business here that delivered smokes and liquor to people, but I don't think it's around anymore... services like that need to be more common... in fact, it would keep people from driving drunk. They would need to take steps to make sure it's not some teenager trying to get someone to pull liquor for them, but it's a fantastic idea.
I usually make sure I have enough liquor, but occasionally I don't, and then I have to walk down to the off-sale which is several blocks away (and pay much more than I would at the LBS, but that's another rant).
They can only deliver it to an adult. As I have babyface I always have to get my ID out. Where I live the off licenses shut really early on Sundays so assuming I do my order on the Saturday its there! The only problem is drunk alcohol shopping which can get expensive.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Herman wrote: As I have babyface I always have to get my ID out.
I used to have that problem, until I was asked not to answer the door drop trous, backwards.

Herman wrote: The only problem is drunk alcohol shopping which can get expensive.

Man, I only buy salty snacks in that condition. I should not do this. Ever. But frig the red face, the heart palpitations, and the tight neck.

Drink will cure it.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

I come bearing gooood news!

Amazon Prime Now is now in my area! Orders over £20 (like all of my alcohol orders) are now delivered for free within a two hour period.

That's also on Sundays!

All hail the Amazon Prime Now!

Never again will I have to step into a supermarket where i'm surrounded by wackos and nut jobs dribbling in the fruit and veg aisle. Some of the things I've seen in those supermarkets. Some of the people. Disgusting. It's almost a sound argument in favour of the 19th century doctrine of eugenics. Certainly an argument against universal suffrage.

Anyway enough of this. LET US DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Herman wrote:I come bearing gooood news!

Amazon Prime Now is now in my area! Orders over £20 (like all of my alcohol orders) are now delivered for free within a two hour period.

That's also on Sundays!

All hail the Amazon Prime Now!

Never again will I have to step into a supermarket where i'm surrounded by wackos and nut jobs dribbling in the fruit and veg aisle. Some of the things I've seen in those supermarkets. Some of the people. Disgusting. It's almost a sound argument in favour of the 19th century doctrine of eugenics. Certainly an argument against universal suffrage.

Anyway enough of this. LET US DRINK!
Nice to hear. I still try to get amazon to send me over sunday service leftovers.
Drink!