Boosh and Medishin

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Boosh and Medishin

Post by AntonArkydivich »

Hey guys and gals,

I've found a bunch of references through MDM and in this board about how alcohol prolongs your life, at least in moderate doses. Can anyone link some of the studies commonly used? My mom is a chemist, and we discuss boozing constantly (her son and her father were/are very capable drinkers) but I need academic articles, and al, the ones I can find are from Prohibitionist times or were funded by MADD (and similar organizations).

Someone help me. Link me an unbiased study or academic article. I'm not worried about me or any of you, and I'm not looking to prove anyone "wrong" (cause God knows I'm not gonna change), I just want some counter-points to the dry company line.

Speciba and happy holy days.
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Boosh and Medishin

Post by Patchez »

There was a whole thread on this when I first started lurking here. I'll try to find it when I have full facilities. Could be a wgile though.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Boosh and Medishin

Post by AntonArkydivich »

Well, I'm bartending in Thailand for the next two weeks. After that, I may not have Internet, so we have time. State-altered memory, let's get hammered.
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter