Do You Remember Your First Drink?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

FirstDrink
Tippler
Tippler

Do You Remember Your First Drink?

Post by FirstDrink »

“The worst drink I ever tasted in my life!” “I puked all over the locker room at the school dance”. What method did you use your first time getting drunk? These people explain theirs!

drunkin' Wisconsinite
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Do You Remember Your First Drink?

Post by drunkin' Wisconsinite »

I'm pretty sure it was a sloe gin fizz at a relatives wedding dance or taking a pull off my Dad's beer bottle while getting him one out of the refrigerator.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

troll bots suck

Post by Badfellow »

FirstDrink wrote:“The worst drink I ever tasted in my life!”
Yep, definitely Captain Morgan Spiced Rum and Diet Coke. Tastes like an apocalypse.

Here too is a little history regarding the real Welsh privateer Capt. Henry Morgan...
*"Cordingly describes Henry Morgan's advance on the fortified Santiago Castle, in the Spanish port of San Geronimo. He used "several women and old men, and some friars and nuns dragged from the church" as human shields for his advancing men."
Wow, that sounds way worse than puking all over the locker room at the school dance

Oh, it get's better...
*"After Henry Morgan's men took Gibraltar, according to Exquemelin, his men tortured a Portuguese man. Four stakes were set into the ground, and the man was suspended between them by cords attached to his thumbs and big toes. As quoted in Cordingly, 'Then they thrashed upon the cords with great sticks and all their strength, so that the body of this miserable man was ready to perish at every stroke, under the severity of those horrible pains. Not satisfied as yet with this cruel torture, they took a stone which weighed above 200 pound, and laid it upon his belly, as if they intended to press him to death. At which time they also kindled palm leaves, and applied the flame unto the face of this unfortunate Portuguese, burning with them the whole skin, beard and hair'."
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Tarcek
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tarcek »

My first drink? Uncles beer, and it was tasteless crap. ~1 year later i got my first bottle of Grant's Whiskey, so that was my first 'real' drink. I found it thoroughly enjoyable.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

My first dance with Lady Ethyl was as a daring pre-teen getting a cool co-worker of my brother to get me a bottle of what my brother and I could afford. two bottles of Boones Farm strawberry Hill. Loved that bitch ever since.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

I reckon it was some quality Estonian piss labeled as vodka. Drank in some young men's test of fortitude over a table, everyone trying their hardest not to cringe with each shot. I remember it was warm too. The taste became somewhat manageable after first 4 rounds. Some sort of card game was also involved.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

I was around four years old. My folks were around a fireplace with some friends. When I was a kid the local park still had a fireplace open to the public. In my mind that's where it was, but it could have been a little ski shelter somewhere else.
I remember complaining about how thirsty I was and wanting a drink of what they were having. They repeatedly told me I wouldn't like it but I persisted. Eventually I got a little sip. My guess is that it was wine, brandy, or scotch but I don't know for sure. I hated it at the time but it set me on the path to where I am today.

Cheers,

-Bluto
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Difficult question considering I don`t remember what I had five minutes ago
Drink!

SKguy
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by SKguy »

My first drink was a vodka and orange crush that my mom got me at my cousin's wedding when I was 16. I also had some Arbour Mist there too. I didn't get drunk though, and since I've never been drunk before, I didn't know what it was like.... looking back, I had a mild buzz.

The first time I got drunk was at a staff Christmas party when I was 19 (19 being the legal drinking age in SK, so I didn't need anyone to pull alcohol for me.) I got absolutely slammed on Labatt Blue. haha... that was a good time.

The first time I had a considerable amount of hard liquor (besides the vodka and orange crush at my cousin's wedding), I bought a mickey of Jack and my friend came over and drank it with me. I chugged most of the bottle and I spent the evening trashed out of my mind, lying on the floor, barely even able to stand up. Haha... that's when I learned that you can't just slam a bottle of liquor, especially when you haven't built up a tolerance. But hey, live and learn eh?

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

My first drink was a sip of dad's Stroh's as a tot.
First time slobbering drunk was on Cases of Little Kings Cream Ale. Nasty horrible shite, but the pony bottles were easily chugged and tossed.
It's just been a blur since then.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

GraveyardShiftChuck
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by GraveyardShiftChuck »

The first legal drink that I bought was a shooter bottle of Bacardi white that I poured into a 16 ounce glass bottle of Cherry Coke on my 21st birthday. I drank it on the streets of Herrin, Illinois while walking home.
May you all be hung, drawn and quartered!
Yes, HUNG - with gold and jewels,
DRAWN - in a coach and four,
and QUARTERED - in the finest homes in the land.

stinie
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by stinie »

Absolute-ly not.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

My first drink was a Budweiser at a mexican restaurant with my family when I was 12. I only would be given a sip.

Next was sips from my mom's margaritas.

Then came rum and cokes when my band started playing when I started high school. (I played with guys 10 years older than me and they assumed I was of age).

All downhill from there.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I promise if another bot starts another "your first drink" thread, I`ll start a "the first drink you had to throw up from" thread.
Drink!

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by AntonArkydivich »

FirstDrink wrote:“The worst drink I ever tasted in my life!” “I puked all over the locker room at the school dance”. What method did you use your first time getting drunk? These people explain theirs!
What the fuck?

And mine was a shot of flavored tequila when I was four. My parents were not being responsible.
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter