What to drink and keeping track

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Gemini
Souse
Souse

Re: What to drink and keeping track

Post by Gemini »

Stanley Kubrick! And alcohol! Yeah!

I earned my vodka today, btw. I was down to my last six shots of Smirnoff, and had to send my husband out for more. In exchange for certain sexual favors :(

But I got my vodka!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Gemini wrote:Stanley Kubrick! And alcohol! Yeah!

I earned my vodka today, btw. I was down to my last six shots of Smirnoff, and had to send my husband out for more. In exchange for certain sexual favors :(

But I got my vodka!
Still trying to figure out: Is this pro or contra being married?
Drink!

Gemini
Souse
Souse

Post by Gemini »

oettinger wrote: Still trying to figure out: Is this pro or contra being married?
Hey, I got my vodka, so I'd call that a pro. Net gain, you know?

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I prefer to take the professional approach, like a politician, what did I drink, What didn't I, what did I, was that good or bad, does that depend on circumstances, fall into sweet, ignorant oblivion
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Gemini
Souse
Souse

Post by Gemini »

Mr. Viking wrote:I prefer to take the professional approach, like a politician, what did I drink, What didn't I, what did I, was that good or bad, does that depend on circumstances, fall into sweet, ignorant oblivion
I got some oblivion for you. I'm re-watching an episode of Leverage that I watched last night, only I seem to have forgotten most of it. I remember snippets here and there. But I forgot pretty much the entire episode.

I wonder if I'll forget it again and watch it again tomorrow...hey that's a weird thought.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Gemini wrote:I wonder if I'll forget it again and watch it again tomorrow...hey that's a weird thought.
metaconfusion
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Gemini
Souse
Souse

Post by Gemini »

Mr. Viking wrote:
Gemini wrote:I wonder if I'll forget it again and watch it again tomorrow...hey that's a weird thought.
metaconfusion
I remember now! I wasn't paying much attention because I was painting my toenails and my hubby was yammering at me while I was watching it.

I remember the episode today.

Six shots in today...bout to be seven...

Yeah I know, I'm a lightweight

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Heavy weight, lightweight, middle weight, hell bantam weight. Means nothing really. All of them have to practice and sometimes go over the line, way over the line to get it right. Even then as may here will attest. It is a tightrope walk between heaven and hell. Between a drinking God and an Ass. Know in your heart that no matter the skill level or years of expertise, you will fall of the rope. Trick is, getting back on it every damn time.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

For me, it's not about losing track it's that some days I will drink all day and be super smashed and other days not so much. I am a slow drinker when I drink all day- like I don't slam drinks or do shots for example. So you'd think that there would be a consistency in my buzz outcome. Not sure what the variable is. I know to factor in on what I eat, what activities I am doing, who I am with etc. But when I come home from work, I have the same window of hours before bed to consume every day but some evenings I am totally schlitzed, other evenings not at all. And I usually just watch TV after work so that's pretty routine stimuli but with very different outcomes. Not that it matters, just an observation. But throw a dart game in the mix and it's guaranteed inebriaish-a-thon. :D
Okole maluna!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

Perplexing. The only variables that come to mind:

Weather, which is fucking weird to consider, unless you account for vitamin D made in the skin from sunshine, or:

Food. No one eats exactly the same things each day. Some foods contain more of the essential ingredients for serotonin and endorphins related to the pleasure of drinking.

Wait, television is also variable. And your day. No day is entirely exact, unless you are Bill Murray with a rodent of unusual powers (ROUPs).

Huh. Perplexing...

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

mistah willies wrote:^ ^ ^

Perplexing. The only variables that come to mind:

Weather, which is fucking weird to consider, unless you account for vitamin D made in the skin from sunshine, or:

Food. No one eats exactly the same things each day. Some foods contain more of the essential ingredients for serotonin and endorphins related to the pleasure of drinking.

Wait, television is also variable. And your day. No day is entirely exact, unless you are Bill Murray with a rodent of unusual powers (ROUPs).

Huh. Perplexing...
Actually those are valid factors to consider. And I guess I really didn't consider the content of the television programs I am watching. I appreciate the helpful input! Today my day was good and I ate fairly light so I'm hoping tonight I will find myself in schlitzville.
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

mistah willies wrote: Food. No one eats exactly the same things each day. Some foods contain more of the essential ingredients for serotonin and endorphins related to the pleasure of drinking.
Interesting. Personally, I've found that good, lean protein in the stomach helps act as a buffer up front for a heavy liquoring session. That and a huge salad full of greens, blue cheese and whatever else. Onion rings taste great, but you're asking for 3AM heartburn in that proposition.

Most Dr. Oz types will suggest that you have a glass of water between each drink. Keeping hydrated is a reality of survival. But it will likewise increase the rate of alcohol absorption into your bloodstream. What's a Drunkard to do? Drink your water before hand; devote the rest to ethyl time. Take your B vitamins. Don't eat too much junk food, nitrates or other shit. And if you're drinking cheap, cheap, cheap-assed booze, at least run that swill through a charcoal filter.

mistah willies wrote:Wait, television is also variable...
Metabolism. 'Nuff said.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Badfellow wrote:
mistah willies wrote: Food. No one eats exactly the same things each day. Some foods contain more of the essential ingredients for serotonin and endorphins related to the pleasure of drinking.

Hellz yeah Badz I'll take a black and bleu salad any day of the week! Mos def onion rings too. I'm lucky to not be burdened with heartburn so I will eat just about anything 3 a.m.
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Artful Detective wrote: Hellz yeah Badz I'll take a black and bleu salad any day of the week! Mos def onion rings too. I'm lucky to not be burdened with heartburn so I will eat just about anything 3 a.m.
Lucky you are. I hope you never have the misfortune to run across more than a dozen White Castle hamburgers in one sitting.

They say pie is an acceptable breakfast food in certain locales. Since it's almost 3 in the morning, I'll count a slice of Dutch apple with a few more swigs of rum as a qualifier. Dark rum and apple pie... it's a weakness. And a strength.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Badfellow wrote:
Artful Detective wrote: Hellz yeah Badz I'll take a black and bleu salad any day of the week! Mos def onion rings too. I'm lucky to not be burdened with heartburn so I will eat just about anything 3 a.m.
Lucky you are. I hope you never have the misfortune to run across more than a dozen White Castle hamburgers in one sitting.

They say pie is an acceptable breakfast food in certain locales. Since it's almost 3 in the morning, I'll count a slice of Dutch apple with a few more swigs of rum as a qualifier. Dark rum and apple pie... it's a weakness. And a strength.
I'll take some White Castle hamburgers and the tiny fish sandwiches. No shame in 3 a.m. White Castle.
Okole maluna!