What to drink and keeping track

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Gemini
Souse
Souse

What to drink and keeping track

Post by Gemini »

So I''ve been drinking Smirnoff, because it's clear and I'm guessing there's not congeners or whatever in it to give me a hangover. And so far I've not been getting hangovers. But I'm receptive to suggestions to improve my drink of choice.

Also, I've lost track of how many drinks I've had this evening. Definitely less than ten. Definitely more than six.

I try to keep track and I guess I need a system...

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: What to drink and keeping track

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Gemini wrote:So I''ve been drinking Smirnoff, because it's clear and I'm guessing there's not congeners or whatever in it to give me a hangover. And so far I've not been getting hangovers. But I'm receptive to suggestions to improve my drink of choice.

Also, I've lost track of how many drinks I've had this evening. Definitely less than ten. Definitely more than six.

Vodka doesn't give me hangovers either as long as I don't drink on an empty stomach.

Do you want to keep track because you get too trashed and want to know your limits? In the past I would lose track and would inevitably reach the beyond wasted point which I don't enjoy. The other problem is that I like to top off my beverages before they are empty so there's really no way to count them. So a system that worked for me was that every time I opened the freezer and topped off my drink, I started paying attention to the amount left in the bottle. When the vodka reached a certain level on -for example- the lower silver label on the Smirnoff bottle- I knew it was time to pack it in.

So next time you are super trashed because you lost count, look at how much is left and mental note where the cutoff point shoulda been- if the bottle isn't empty of course. I'd say in that case it is safe to say- stop at the silver label. It took me a couple o' tries to find that perfect balance but it did ultimately work for me.
Okole maluna!

Gemini
Souse
Souse

Post by Gemini »

Hey that's a good idea. I keep my vodka in the freezer, so today I marked my starting point in the frost and measured how much the level decreases per shot. I've totally got this.

Four shots in so far today.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Gemini wrote:Hey that's a good idea. I keep my vodka in the freezer, so today I marked my starting point in the frost and measured how much the level decreases per shot. I've totally got this.

Four shots in so far today.
I know someone who counts how much he has drunken the night before by the rings left by them bottles on his table. Morning shots by tipping his keyboard into a fresh glass.

Yet, he still works throughout the week. Now THAT is a Modern Drunkard, isn't that true?

(mostly, he works by rolling bums for loose change)

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Oettinger twerks for loose change?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Tarcek
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tarcek »

Gemini wrote:So I''ve been drinking Smirnoff, because it's clear and I'm guessing there's not congeners or whatever in it to give me a hangover. And so far I've not been getting hangovers. But I'm receptive to suggestions to improve my drink of choice.

Ah, my friend~ A hangover is a fickle bitch. My early years of heavy drinking, i was the guy bragging about how i never got hangovers. "I drink and drink all night, and i'm good to go the next day!"

It's really simple: ~10-20 drinks won't give you a hangover, unless you're a pussy (or sick, or w/e). It might make you feel 'off' the next day, or tired as fuck, but even then... At some point you start to think 'god, i love being drunk. i should have a few more drinks and see how drunk it gets me!' or 'god, i'm sick of "getting" drunk. let's slam this fucking vodka until im loaded! *chugs*'

You start getting hangovers when you start having brownouts and/or blackouts, and then you have a few more drinks~

Tarcek
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tarcek »

Oh, how to keep track. Forget the number of drinks, just look at how much is missing from the bottle(s).

Gemini
Souse
Souse

Post by Gemini »

Tarcek wrote:
You start getting hangovers when you start having brownouts and/or blackouts, and then you have a few more drinks~
Yeah, that's the problem, ain't it. How to moderate when you're three sheets to the wind.

Ah well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. For now, salut!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

First order to keep track is to fall off it again
Drink!

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

One of the great things about beer is the line up of dead soldiers that inevitably occupies the top of the stove or fridge.

Pro-tip: trie switching to airplane bottles for an easily to keep tracking of the consumption. Or get a small chalkboard and use hash marks. You can also use it to communicate like an olde timey mute.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Gemini
Souse
Souse

Post by Gemini »

Tarcek wrote: Ah, my friend~ A hangover is a fickle bitch. My early years of heavy drinking, i was the guy bragging about how i never got hangovers. "I drink and drink all night, and i'm good to go the next day!"

It's really simple: ~10-20 drinks won't give you a hangover, unless you're a pussy (or sick, or w/e). It might make you feel 'off' the next day, or tired as fuck, but even then... At some point you start to think 'god, i love being drunk. i should have a few more drinks and see how drunk it gets me!' or 'god, i'm sick of "getting" drunk. let's slam this fucking vodka until im loaded! *chugs*'

You, sir, are quite right. I had a hangover this past Saturday, in fact. My first in years.

Though it is at least in part due to the fact that on that day I chose to take my medication on an empty stomach. Not a wise choice.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully more dirnking! Muahahahahha!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Why dost thou keep track?

Post by Badfellow »

And when fighting hangovers, drink long into the abyss,
For the hangover is fighting into you
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Gemini
Souse
Souse

Post by Gemini »

Hey Badfellow, that's kinda like that Nietzchie quote. I don't know what either one of them means.

Vodka! And more vodka! Every day!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Gemini wrote: Vodka! And more vodka! Every day!
And THAT is how to properly keep track of your drinking.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Badfellow wrote:
Gemini wrote: Vodka! And more vodka! Every day!
And THAT is how to properly keep track of your drinking.
A trail of emptys leads you to the very beginning. A monolith with some monkeys throwing a vodka bottle around, or in this case (sic!) a load of beer
Drink!