An Idea That Sounds Good, But, Maybe...

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

An Idea That Sounds Good, But, Maybe...

Post by mistah willies »

So...
During tonight's DD with that Badfellow, we arrived at an idea for a new cocktail.

It involves these three/four ingredients:

His cold-pressed coffee,

Kraken,

get this: Nutella (for the crazy people who ruin good coffee with Hazelnut)

and ice.

This sounds like a refreshing cocktail for a warm summer day, or wake-up call before work.

The question remains: will the Nutella be better mixed with hot coffee, before the ice, or will it be shaken nicely with ice, to mix well?

It sounds good, and I'll do this tamarrah, and report back to you feloow and Lady Modern Drunkards.

That being said, or written, have you ever come up with an idea for a cocktail that sounded good in your inebriated state, and did you try it out? What was it?

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: An Idea That Sounds Good, But, Maybe...

Post by Artful Drunktective »

mistah willies wrote:So...

That being said, or written, have you ever come up with an idea for a cocktail that sounded good in your inebriated state, and did you try it out? What was it?

A girlfriend and I were making bloody mary's and ran out of some prime ingredients so we used kimchi base to fill the void. Came out pretty good actually. We also ran out of horseradish so we used minced garlic which was not bad for a substitution. It was fun to experiment. That's the beauty of bloody marz... it's hard to go wrong.

I'm not a coffee drinker but I think your guyz drink concoction sounds fantastic!
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Considering nutella is what 80% fat this won`t mix well.
Edit: not mixing by producing clots
Eidt 2: Further thinking along, heat the nutella, then mix and pour onto ice before it cools down again. Not usefull for a longdrink. Even less for lots of em until you will leave a slightly boiling pot of nutella sitting in your kitchen for every refill. What happens when you pass out and forget about it? Chocolate fire?
I think hot coffee would help well with that problem.
Wouldn`t it be easier to use cocoa powder? The hazelnut taste is gone out the window then though, hmm dunno...
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

if you add mustard powder it will help form an emulsion so the fat and liquids will mix, especially when heated and cooled. Can't imagine it would do the flavour any good, but if you know any neutral tasting emulsifiers they will help. Of course any fat will form an emulsion if shaken hard enough. Anybody used that machine that paintshops have for mixing colours? And would a cocktail shaker fit?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best