Ice

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Ice

Post by Mr. Viking »

Ice is an unavoidable part of boozing.

How do you get your's?

scraped gently from the casing of the air conditioner?

Carved from a living glacier?

From the magic bags?

I use ice trays, but am partial to the magic ice bags because I like the oblong pieces. I would miss the unlimited ice from my parents' american style fridge freezer, but they were a half moon shape that was guaranteed to match the side of the glass preventing a proper slug from being taken. Every rose has it's thorn

What's your poison?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: Ice

Post by Bluto »

I prefer clear ice, no cloudiness if possible. As such, most of mine comes from the magic bags. Also, my freezers are too full of meat and vodka bottles to leave much room for ice trays any more.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Magic bags. Those are trully magical booze gets even better when cold... Or free!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I don`t use ice actually. Too lazy.

Has anyone ever tried a vodka shot on the rocks? "Fake laugher" .... ok sorry I`m out
Drink!

DivaBitch
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DivaBitch »

my thought is...................... ice takes up valuble room for the alcohol
"If it feels good do it again, if it still feels good you're doing it right"
Image Image

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

I have a real hard-on about ice and #1 drinking pet peeve is not having any. I even have a post-it note on the ice tray that if you take the last cube you must make more cubes. I do agree with Bluto and Diva that it gets in the way with the meat and vodka but ice is a necessary evil as I like my beverages Arctic cold and can't have it any other way. Otherwise it feels like camping, drinking a tepid beverage in which I'd just rather just drink beer. I don't like magic bag tiny cubes because they melt too fast. I prefer cubes from the ice tray as oblong and large as possible. (Get your mind out of the gutter, I wasn't talking about bananas).
Okole maluna!

DivaBitch
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DivaBitch »

"If it feels good do it again, if it still feels good you're doing it right"
Image Image

Gall4185
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Gall4185 »

Depends what I'm drinking. if it's a spirit and mixer then no ice,but an old fashioned or such like obviously need the solidified H2O. So I keep a bag in the freezer I can just smash a chunk out of when needed.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Ah, ice: the world's most affordable luxury. Only a century ago, you had to be rich or own an icehouse just to have it on your table.

Ice is both an angel and a devil to me when it comes to boozing. Having a dewy, iced down tumbler full of G&T on a sweltering day is a godsend. But on the other hand, even a scant amount in certain spirits or the wrong mixed drink is like bealzabub sticking a pitchfork in the ass-end of your enjoyment. Ice tastes of nothing; use too much and so to will your drink.

At home, I use tap water and large, square cubes from a tray. Another thing you can do is adjust the chemistry of the water with trace minerals and other compounds to varied effect. These are widely available for purchase as dietary supplements.

Stale, cardboard flavor in ice is due to surface oxidation from freezer burn. In a pinch, the cubes can be rinsed off to remove most of the undesirable flavor.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

DivaBitch wrote:mayube???? coudl be the anser

https://www.amazon.com/Whiskey-TaoTroni ... ubes&psc=1
That is a fantastic idea! Never thought of it but definitely worth a try. Thanks for sharing! :D
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

At shit talkers I lost my yellow cube virginity
Drink!