Beamish Irish Stout?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Beamish Irish Stout?

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I read that Beamish Irish Stout was no longer available in America. Also, I just read taht it is owned by Heineken, now. It was always difficult to find and not as famous as Guinness, or even Murphy's, but you could find it. I liked it; even though there wasn't that much difference between them.
Progress, I guess.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Beamish Irish Stout?

Post by Mr. Viking »

I've written to heineken about it a few times with no response. They've withdrawn it from all but the ROI market. It's not the first brand they've done this to and it won't be the last. Pity because Beamish is my favourite of the three
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

ok, off to Heineken`s head quarters now.
March of the Drunks
Drink!

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

Since 2009, I didn't realize I hadn't bought any in that long but I did have some in Ireland.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/he ... 88044.html
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

ish
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:51 am
ish

kabibble?
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Frankennietzsche wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:54 pm
I read that Beamish Irish Stout was no longer available in America. Also, I just read taht it is owned by Heineken, now. It was always difficult to find and not as famous as Guinness, or even Murphy's, but you could find it. I liked it; even though there wasn't that much difference between them.
Progress, I guess.
I only had Beamish maybe a handful of times but I definitely preferred it to Guinness and Murphy's. I was only able to find it at one store out this way and was quite bummed to find that it was unavailable in America anymore.
Seriously, fuck heinekin.

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

I have a fun Beamish story to share:

I worked in a generator factory in Bumblefuck, Nebraska in the early 2000's. I ran a tubing bender, and I was the prickliest prick in the valley until this one asshole came along. Big, bald, bastard. I wish I remembered his name, so I could not use it here. this fucker came along, and he instantly made me look like the perkiest girl scout in the troop.
So, one night, for a reason, I can't recall, the group of unsavouries I partied with at the time decided we were going to drink downtown instead of in the stabatorium we usually hung out in. I got to the place a little earlier than my friends, somehow. I walked in with the Big, Bald, bastard.
After grunting acknowledgements, we headed to the bar. As we worked 2nd shift, the bar was mostly full. We wound up sitting together.
He got my attention, pointing to the sign over the bar. "Beamish stout. Try it?"
We did. The stuff was good. Turns out we had a lot in common, being the sourest fucks in the state. We had a second. After comparing our hatred for all living things, we decided to join those said hated living things, as they had managed to make their way to the bar.
The big bald bastard got off his stool. I got off my stool.
As I hit my feet, I realized gravity wasn't quite in control anymore.
So did the big bald bastard. We locked eyes.
And, realizing that we were drunk, we laughed our asses off.

Beamish was good stuff.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

waahoohah wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:16 pm
I have a fun Beamish story to share:

I worked in a generator factory in Bumblefuck, Nebraska in the early 2000's. I ran a tubing bender, and I was the prickliest prick in the valley until this one asshole came along. Big, bald, bastard. I wish I remembered his name, so I could not use it here. this fucker came along, and he instantly made me look like the perkiest girl scout in the troop.
So, one night, for a reason, I can't recall, the group of unsavouries I partied with at the time decided we were going to drink downtown instead of in the stabatorium we usually hung out in. I got to the place a little earlier than my friends, somehow. I walked in with the Big, Bald, bastard.
After grunting acknowledgements, we headed to the bar. As we worked 2nd shift, the bar was mostly full. We wound up sitting together.
He got my attention, pointing to the sign over the bar. "Beamish stout. Try it?"
We did. The stuff was good. Turns out we had a lot in common, being the sourest fucks in the state. We had a second. After comparing our hatred for all living things, we decided to join those said hated living things, as they had managed to make their way to the bar.
The big bald bastard got off his stool. I got off my stool.
As I hit my feet, I realized gravity wasn't quite in control anymore.
So did the big bald bastard. We locked eyes.
And, realizing that we were drunk, we laughed our asses off.

Beamish was good stuff.
Beer is a good thing.