Alco-Locationizing

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Anthony
Tippler
Tippler

Adillas puhammerillas

Post by Anthony »

En hel el mundo de los pudhammerios famosos y populares huevos-smackos utiliza dos tecnologías diversificados para hacer los zapatos.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Alco-Locationizing

Post by mistah willies »

HERE IS A REPOSITROY

*ahem8

Here is a temporary repository of the efforts that some of us have made to participate in the fine Art of getting Hammered. There will be no puds incolved.

Involved.

This is for the sake of

This is a test to see about collecting wait, copting

copying

"ghosting" some fine exploits undertaker

undertaken

Ah, you get it.

Hold on. Moth is dry
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Alco-Locationizing

Post by mistah willies »

Well,
There ya go. I moved somehting hamless.

wihtout ham.

What is in this ham?

Let's work on this

The ham i mean

I mean you no ham.

P

whwre ther hell

*aham*]
That is all.

The Badfellow, delete this, cool?

*uuuurp8

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

San Diego (German for "A Whale's Vagina")

Post by Dear Booze »

Dublin Square

Great Irish Pub located on Fourth Street in the Gas Lamp District.
Super authentic
Great service
Great selection of beer
Perfect pint of Guinness
Good lookin waitresses in little kilts
FUN!
☆☆☆☆☆
http://www.dublinsquareirishpub.com/
DRINK!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Casual binger

Post by Casual Binger »

Drinking in airports is possible, but generally expensive. Drinking on plances is hard. For years now I've only flown budget airlines where you have to pay for your drinks and they only let you buy one at a time. A few weeks back I was told when I was handed my second drink that I'd have to wait a while for my third as they had a policy of only serving one drink per hour. This effectively means that you will undrunk up on a flight whether you like it or not. It's worth forking put tourist rip off prices at the airport first so you're already half cut when you board the plane. You don't wanna drink too much though as intoxication is a valid reason to refuse to let someone on their flight. At Queenstown airport recently there was a bar selling Steinlager Pure and Speights for NZ$9.50 or Little Creatures ales for $12. I opted for the latter with a shot of $11 bourbon (there was no scotch, just small batch bourbon and vodka), then the same again, because it's only money. I like Japanese airports where there are convenience stores on both sides of security selling booze at reasonably reasonable prices.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Casual binger

Post by oettinger »

Casual Binger wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:12 pm
Drinking in airports is possible, but generally expensive. Drinking on plances is hard. For years now I've only flown budget airlines where you have to pay for your drinks and they only let you buy one at a time. A few weeks back I was told when I was handed my second drink that I'd have to wait a while for my third as they had a policy of only serving one drink per hour. This effectively means that you will undrunk up on a flight whether you like it or not. It's worth forking put tourist rip off prices at the airport first so you're already half cut when you board the plane. You don't wanna drink too much though as intoxication is a valid reason to refuse to let someone on their flight. At Queenstown airport recently there was a bar selling Steinlager Pure and Speights for NZ$9.50 or Little Creatures ales for $12. I opted for the latter with a shot of $11 bourbon (there was no scotch, just small batch bourbon and vodka), then the same again, because it's only money. I like Japanese airports where there are convenience stores on both sides of security selling booze at reasonably reasonable prices.
That sucks.
Travel with a group of drys then and let them order dinks for you.
What about duty free stuff you bought? No one should notice you refilling your coffee cup
Drink!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

They watch you. It's their job, to be fair. I've ordered two drinks many times when flying with my wife. They always ask - "are they both for you?" Maybe it's just JetStar, or maybe it's just me.

I have thought that the perfect crime would be to purchase a PET bottle of cold tea and one of water before the gate, then in a toilet stall fill the empty tea bottle with whisky and top the duty free whisky bottle with the water. You'd end up with watered down whisky at your destination, but if it's cask strength that wouldn't be such an issue. I've never got around to trying it though. It's been a while since I've flown by myself on a flight that'd be long enough to be worth the effort.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Casual Binger wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:33 pm
They watch you. It's their job, to be fair. I've ordered two drinks many times when flying with my wife. They always ask - "are they both for you?" Maybe it's just JetStar, or maybe it's just me.

I have thought that the perfect crime would be to purchase a PET bottle of cold tea and one of water before the gate, then in a toilet stall fill the empty tea bottle with whisky and top the duty free whisky bottle with the water. You'd end up with watered down whisky at your destination, but if it's cask strength that wouldn't be such an issue. I've never got around to trying it though. It's been a while since I've flown by myself on a flight that'd be long enough to be worth the effort.
Should they ask stupid questions, just answer to flush down this horrible plane food you need something stronger then gatorade
Drink!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

In Thailand, you're not allowed to buy takeway liquor between midnight and 11am, and again from 2-5pm. It's pretty heavy. When I was growing up in NZ you weren't allowed to buy any takeaway on Sunday. Are there any crazy laws where you are?

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Last day of work today. On Monday I'm off to Japan. A true drunkard's paradise. Convenience stores sell booze 24 hours. So little tax on liquor that it's cheaper than duty free in the supermarket. One thing is though that there are not many bars open during the daytime. Lots of Izakaya and other places that serve alcohol are open for lunch, and of course there would be hotel bars, but a place to sit and nurse a few drinks for hours during the day? Not so many options. Most bars don't open until 5pm and some much later.

For my trip down to Okinawa, where I'll be travelling alone and free of familial responsibilities, I think my strategy will be to drink heavily from lunchtime, then take a late afternoon nap having set an alarm for 8pm. I'll then force myself to take a shower to wake myself up and stroll out for a late dinner and a spot of barhopping. I don't have anything against taking showers, it's just I know from experience how easy it is to have a few drinks in your room and go back to sleep after waking in the early evening. Then I sleep through until 5am when everything is closed. Well, not this time! I'll use coffee if I have to, but the general idea is to get up and keep moving. I also wish to avoid early morning hangovers and blackouts. Not very drunkard of me, but since I'll be a tourist I'd prefer to remember most of my trip. I know it's possible to avoid early morning hangovers by waking in the middle of the night and drinking at a relaxed pace while also eating and rehydrating. I also know how that an unpleasant pre-lunch period is almost inevitable, but I believe with judicious pacing I can address this without blacking out.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Casual Binger wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:21 pm
Last day of work today. On Monday I'm off to Japan. A true drunkard's paradise...

...I also know how that an unpleasant pre-lunch period is almost inevitable, but I believe with judicious pacing I can address this without blacking out.
Will you be able to offer periodic reports between the black outs? Oh hell yes.

Until then, consider the Skype thing. It is a mess, but a drunkard, slovenly one.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Cheers to you my friend. I will pray for you and look forward to updates.

Godspeed.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

A very sound plan Binger. I really hate showering when even slightly drunk though. The danger of slipping is much too great
Drink!

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

Casual Binger wrote:
You don't wanna drink too much though as intoxication is a valid reason to refuse to let someone on their flight.
Hmm... I've gone on a plane half cut, lost my boarding pass and all and the friendly folk at the service desk helped me find my way. I thought airports are designed for people like me, rendered horribly anxious by the prospect of flying and the various checks and balances associated with international travel. I'd never be able to leave my outpost if it weren't for admittedly overpriced airport bars.

nelson
Tippler
Tippler

Post by nelson »

Casual Binger wrote:

My record is 4 cans of beer from Sydney to Brisbane, and I'm not even impressed with that. The secret is flying with friends/family that don't drink and they can order drinks for you.