Drinking and Camping.

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Camping

Post by Patchez »

I am a member of a hunting camp not too far from the Appalachian trail here in PA. No running water and an outhouse but damn I do love the place. I can't begin to relay the drunken fun and conversations that have ensued around the firepit out back. I can say they were many and varied. Always over the top and socially unacceptable. There is nothing quite like being by a nice campfire and the indulgence of some serious high test rocket fuel. Anybody wanna do an Invasion this way? The Cabin sleeps 25 if you're cozy with room for camping as well.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Jim
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Jim »

I can relate.

We been doing it for decades,a lot of fond memories.
Usually we would stay in the State and National Parks where in most cases drinking wasn't allowed, but the Rangers didn't care as long as alcohol containers were kept out of sight and everyone drank from a cup, tumbler or mug.

I've a good several stories as it seems most everytime we camped, something weird happen,especially years ago when other substances came into play.

There use to be an old Dutch Farmer up near Luray VA who would make trade of his stock of his home distilled rye. Aged in oak casts, it was some of the finest sipping whisky I had ever drank.

He passed some years ago, a truly sad event as none of his kin continued this craft.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I got friends down in the foothills in southern Ohio, they live in a trailer teeterin on the side of a holler. It's always a blast to camp out there. Total freedom, run naked, shoot guns, get fuckin hammered, fall in the fire...a place you could bury the body type place. Hospitable folk that live simple. They know how to eat good and know how to drink when you're in the hills.

I would be interested in an Appalachian trail invasion.
..wait that sounded kinda dirty.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:... Total freedom, run naked, shoot guns, get fuckin hammered, fall in the fire...a place you could bury the body type place. Hospitable folk that live simple...

Check, check, check, check plus, check and check!
You'd LOVE it at our camp, TD. Falling in the fire/witnessing someone fall in the fire is quite an experience--but one that is (somewhat) optional...
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

I've gotta grab Surreal and Smatter and come up there sometime. I love da UP!
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Jim
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Jim »

Packing up now. 4 nights 3 days. 3 bottles of vodka, 2 bottles of Crown, bottle of brandy, 2 cases of Flying Dog Ale.

Camping near the high cliffs at Westmoreland.

I shall raise a cheer for you all by our blazing fire tomorrow night.

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

awesome man drinking in the woods like a cave man awesome dude

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Drinking and Camping.

Post by Patchez »

Drinking in the woods beside some sort of mobile shelter and a campfire. Is there any nobler way to spend a weekend or even a week? Getting shitty drunk while burning any and all dead wood within a quarter mile of your campsite is by far one of my favorite past times. Cooking your meals over the same campfire brings a sense of accomplishment. You know that if life stripped away most of your belongings you could survive. As long as you had booze, food and lighter fluid.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Drinking and Camping.

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Awesome. Drinking and poking a fire is a great way to spend an evening. I have found that when I go camping, I set up a tent and get out my sleeping bag, maybe an air mattress if I'm lucky, get the tent all situated and end up passing out next to the fire in a lawn chair.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Patchez wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:55 pm
As long as you had booze, food and lighter fluid.
And tortillas.
Fire...booze...woods...eating like cavemen...sounds like a typical day for me. :D
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:33 pm
Awesome. Drinking and poking a fire is a great way to spend an evening. I have found that when I go camping, I set up a tent and get out my sleeping bag, maybe an air mattress if I'm lucky, get the tent all situated and end up passing out next to the fire in a lawn chair.
Agreed Thirsty but sometimes I'm too lazy to set up a tent so I just pass out on my sleeping bag. Lawn chair is a great idea though.
Okole maluna!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:33 pm
Did this at least three times on my last camping trip. Three weeks ago. When I followed the Dead around we only had cheap nylon mesh hammacoks and tarps. One rope as a ridgepole between two trees and four to run to the ground. Nice little A frame with your hammock underneath.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

A drunk camper-fire is something way different though.

I once slept at a nearby sea without a tent. The girls thought it would be wise to wake me up middle night with a beer shower.
We put my wet shirt next to the fire to dry. Of course it started to burn. The girls extinguished the flames with more beer. Next morning I wore it again. Kinda looked like the Versace clothing line called stinky Neandertal. I also jumped on a plastic bottle of old ketchup laying around thinking it would spray all out the tiny opening on top. It didn`t, the thing exploded and I was covered in rotten tomato-sauce all over. To wash myself I just walked into the sea with pants and shoes still on.
When we finally decided to walk home people saw us and thought we were homless gipsys. They handed us some crackers to eat. Kind people. I think I smelled very bad even for my low standarts.
Drink!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Well, I have a grapefruit sized black and blue mark on my backside because I was too drunk to sit in a chair Sunday night at my Buddies hunting cabin. I think I may need to wear a helmet and protective gear when I get that drunk. Getting old sucks. It's getting harder to bounce back.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Doing the drinking and camping thing for an extended weekend in MI. I will post shenanigan pics when I can.