This Hangover...

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: This Hangover...

Post by Thompson »

God, there is Nothing worse than listening to the guy who won’t take his beer and go back to his side of the room but wants to “bond” instead. He can’t just be happy with a jug, a pack of smokes,?but has to drag you down into his “thing” you have to listen to his “thing.” I don’t listen to things anymore, sorry. The AA meetings are like that, all about bonding, and sponsors, and “things.” No, I take a good pull, let it float around up there, take another good pull and let it float around, and I stay on my side of the room.
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Well, there’s a little trouble happening here. Nothing like we haven’t faced before. There is no more beer. However, rooting around I found a big fat joint I’d forgotten about.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Which will help because the liquor store opens late on Sunday. There is no worse feeling in the world than walking to the corner liquor/beer store and the store is closed. It’s supposed to be open but it’s closed. So you have a choice — do you wait around outside the store for somebody to show up and open it, or do you go back home? Life is filled with these kind of unpleasant decisions.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Thompson wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:13 am
Which will help because the liquor store opens late on Sunday. There is no worse feeling in the world than walking to the corner liquor/beer store and the store is closed. It’s supposed to be open but it’s closed. So you have a choice — do you wait around outside the store for somebody to show up and open it, or do you go back home? Life is filled with these kind of unpleasant decisions.
i feel blessed to have 24 hour supermarkets that serve all types of booze. you must need to plan ahead. surely there must be some little store open somewhere that sells booze? petrol station??
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:40 am
Thompson wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:13 am
i feel blessed to have 24 hour supermarkets that serve all types of booze. you must need to plan ahead. surely there must be some little store open somewhere that sells booze? petrol station??
Oh yes. I live in uptown New Orleans, and as much as I badmouth my landlord, I’m getting a deal. But I don’t have a car (thank you Jesus) and riding the bike is iffy, so I walk and take the bus. My store is a ripoff corner bodega (cigarettes are priced right) that does some food and is a friendly joint but the beer is high and they open when they feel like it on Sunday. So, not to worry, if I can get my shoes on I can find a bottle, a bar, or a twelve pack, anytime of the day or night.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

^^^ You should really try to keep a secret emergency stash. I always have some beer somewhere downstairs just in case.

Recently I entertained drinking some cheap ass wine I usually only use for cooking, yuck
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:11 pm
^^^ You should really try to keep a secret emergency stash. I always have some beer somewhere downstairs just in case.

Recently I entertained drinking some cheap ass wine I usually only use for cooking, yuck
i feel like as a none beer drinker its easy for you to keep a beer stash. imagine trying to keep an emergency vodka stash....not gonna work is it.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

there are nights where i run low and im too drunk to organise a resuply...usually end up in a similar situation to you oett....kirsty will come in and be like "why you drinking neat vermouth"

THIS WAS NOT BY CHOICE KIRSTY.

these days however i tend to be pretty overstocked just cause i drink cheap shit most of the time but still like to have decent stuff in for a treat....just means when i'm running low i have to switch from beam and cokes to a single malt rocks....hard life eh.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Oh sure man, you keep an emergency stash. You keep it in your getaway bag. But guess what, your emergency stash is gone! You done used it with a prior emergency and didn’t replace and you could just kick yourself in the ass but it’s too fucking late for that and hard to get off the couch and this Fucking toothache is a real humdinger.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

That's why you keep an emergency emergency stash, ad infinitum as the Cosmos is tiled with your booze, blazing into the horizon.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

The problem with tiles made of booze is that you end up drinking them all and then have nothing to stumble over. Or dance flamenco upon.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:16 pm
That's why you keep an emergency emergency stash, ad infinitum as the Cosmos is tiled with your booze, blazing into the horizon.
Yes. A man must keep an emergency emergency stash and hide it from himself. He then feels secure in the knowledge he has it, even though he can’t find it.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Like a nice game of hide and drink
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Didn’t eat enough to absorb the WT101 yesterday.

Paying for it now and have to go into work. Gonna try to make it a short day. Damn.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:59 am
Didn’t eat enough to absorb the WT101 yesterday.

Paying for it now and have to go into work. Gonna try to make it a short day. Damn.
Fuck. I feel ya
Drink!