This Hangover...

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: This Hangover...

Post by Rye and Coke »

ThirstyBirdy wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:52 pm
I once tested a guy who said he didn't get hangovers. He shows up, "as drunk as always" and I'm like "hey let's take a breathalyzer!"

i had the fuel cell professional device, very accurate. I blow first. My BAC comes back 0.25, "okay your turn man." He blows, and i shit you not, he blows a 0.09..

Just goes to show, he was a lightweight. That usually explains it. Come to find out, a half pint of whiskey got him wasted.
There's a difference between light weight and incredibly adapted and accustomed. Half a pint of whiskey is like lunch to me at this point. What can I tell you, i just don't get sick. Or at least I don't "feel" it. I'm sure I look and sound like shit to everyone else, but to me it's just an average Monday morning.

Hugh is the patron saint for drinking poets, he's doing god's good work and he will forever leave me in awe.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:55 am
ThirstyBirdy wrote:
I once tested a guy who said he didn't get hangovers. He shows up, "as drunk as always" and I'm like "hey let's take a breathalyzer!"

i had the fuel cell professional device, very accurate. I blow first. My BAC comes back 0.25, "okay your turn man." He blows, and i shit you not, he blows a 0.09..

Just goes to show, he was a lightweight. That usually explains it. Come to find out, a half pint of whiskey got him wasted.
i just don't get sick. Or at least I don't "feel" it. I'm sure I look and sound like shit to everyone else, but to me it's just an average Monday morning.
Same here. I`m just pissed off realy
Drink!

ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by ThirstyBirdy »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:50 am
Rye and Coke wrote:
ThirstyBirdy wrote:

i just don't get sick. Or at least I don't "feel" it. I'm sure I look and sound like shit to everyone else, but to me it's just an average Monday morning.
What if you guys who claim no hangover.... Drank like a fifth of brandy and a few bottles of 13% red wine, and perhaps throw in a couple sugary vodka cocktails and some beer in one day. No hangover you think?

Like something along those lines..

I'm trying to be realistic, as I've drank that much in a day I'm sure way more than a hundred times, perhaps more drinks than that, but I'd be sick the next morning tho.

Let's assume for this scenario, you're not on a bender, because we know on a bender one could almost drink that before noon / dinnerish....
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

ThirstyBirdy wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:49 pm
oettinger wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:50 am
Rye and Coke wrote:

What if you guys who claim no hangover.... Drank like a fifth of brandy and a few bottles of 13% red wine, and perhaps throw in a couple sugary vodka cocktails and some beer in one day. No hangover you think?

Like something along those lines..

I'm trying to be realistic, as I've drank that much in a day I'm sure way more than a hundred times, perhaps more drinks than that, but I'd be sick the next morning tho.

Let's assume for this scenario, you're not on a bender, because we know on a bender one could almost drink that before noon / dinnerish....
I`d probably be too tired to be hung over. You have to be up some time to drink all that
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

My hangover hasn't been showing up lately. This leads me to believe I have a rotten motherfucker of a hangover in the future. Gonna need something to take the edge off of the impending doom. Ah beer here we go.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Na if you`re cool enough you won`t be hung over. Trust me
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I am happy to report to you all that I have slayed another hangover with vodka and Guinness.

SURVIVE.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Right now, I have a "hangover" that I'm sure would register for others...to me, I just feel fuzzy headed and hungry.

And a little nauseous...

Okay, VERY nauseous.

I got some vodka here, let's see if that can knock this feeling back.
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I was dead tired all morning (more like noon), but drinking coffee doesn`t really help with the shakes
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck....

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:04 am
What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck....
I woke up with drink in hand after last night`s call
Drink!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

This hangover has a distinctly snobbish and demanding personality with an air of entitlement. He woke me up at three A.M. and demanded a glass of diet coke. Again, at four A.M. he woke me up with a demand of two glasses of water. Then, he would not let me go back to sleep.

Now, he's playing some shitty tuvan throat songs at a very low level and keeps interrupting my routine with demands for specific food items like a banana and cheese pastry, both of which I do not have readily available.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dear Booze wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:05 pm
This hangover has a distinctly snobbish and demanding personality with an air of entitlement. He woke me up at three A.M. and demanded a glass of diet coke. Again, at four A.M. he woke me up with a demand of two glasses of water. Then, he would not let me go back to sleep.
That`s just your hangover being like you
Dear Booze wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:05 pm
Now, he's playing some shitty tuvan throat songs at a very low level and keeps interrupting my routine with demands for specific food items like a banana and cheese pastry, both of which I do not have readily available.
That`s your hangover being your significant other
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Lately my hangovers feel like I'm coming down with something. Not terribly surprising as my boss recently got over a cold. Still I find this odd.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

honestly I always just feel tired and dehydrated. on a light hangover a couple of espressos and a pint of borrocca will sort me straight out before work, on a bad one I may need a pre work eye opener. if i'm off work for the day then I don't tend to even consider myself hungover, if all you have to do with the day is start drinking again it just doesn't seem too frightening. hah
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis