This Hangover...

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: This Hangover...

Post by Dear Booze »

I rarely have a visitor as bad as this hangover. He's a real asshole. He won't let me sleep, he's playing Mariachi music in my head, he's making me sweat like I'm wearing a parka, and he gave me the shits. I also think he threw me down a flight of stairs last night because every bone in my entire body feels broken.
DRINK!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:01 am
I rarely have a visitor as bad as this hangover. He's a real asshole. He won't let me sleep, he's playing Mariachi music in my head, he's making me sweat like I'm wearing a parka, and he gave me the shits. I also think he threw me down a flight of stairs last night because every bone in my entire body feels broken.
Well done.

As for the Mariachi music, I can't for the life of me determine the dynamics behind the music in my head, especially when hungover.

It's like a subconscious DJ of pure chaos behind the controls.

As for my hangover today, it was spent in a semi-wakeful yet lucid-dreaming state where I reviewed the night's experiences at length.

It's always so nice to come out of those states, back to a crisper reality than the muddled dream logic of hangover sleep.

In short, I hate dreams.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:51 am
Dear Booze wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:01 am
I rarely have a visitor as bad as this hangover. He's a real asshole. He won't let me sleep, he's playing Mariachi music in my head
As for the Mariachi music, I can't for the life of me determine the dynamics behind the music in my head, especially when hungover.

It's like a subconscious DJ of pure chaos behind the controls.
Dear Booze right now:
Mariachi
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

The hangover music in my head is akin to Ethel Murman and Rob Zombie doing covers of ABBA tunes. That's also probably what's giving me the shits and making me sick to my stomach.

Time for the Kaopectate and a couple gabapentin followed by a big, greasy breakfast.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Badfellow wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:41 am
The hangover music in my head is akin to Ethel Murman and Rob Zombie doing covers of ABBA tunes. That's also probably what's giving me the shits and making me sick to my stomach.

Time for the Kaopectate and a couple gabapentin followed by a big, greasy breakfast.
Unlike me you seemed very alive yesterday, why the hangover?
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:45 am
Badfellow wrote:

Guessing because I drank my dinner and Everclear was the main course. Or it could be the cognac. Definitely might be the cognac.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Badfellow wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:48 am
oettinger wrote:
Badfellow wrote:

Guessing because I drank my dinner and Everclear was the main course. Or it could be the cognac. Definitely might be the cognac.

Ah. The dreaded mixing.
You know what they say: mixing mind-altering inebriation with gut wrenching reality; never sicker.

Sure hope you recover soon, young man, to a proper liquid dimension. Truly.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Badfellow wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:48 am
oettinger wrote:
Badfellow wrote:

Yeah nah, I'm pretty sure it was the Everclear, lol
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I don't get this fascination with Everclear. It was great for spiking punch bowls in college but that was about it, unless your goal is to burn a hole through your stomach. Do guys actually drink this shit straight? Drinking is supposed to be fun, not painful.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Sammy wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:03 am
I don't get this fascination with Everclear. It was great for spiking punch bowls in college but that was about it, unless your goal is to burn a hole through your stomach. Do guys actually drink this shit straight? Drinking is supposed to be fun, not painful.
There's a fine line between pleasure and pain, and nothing else blurs that line quite like Everclear.

Only idiots, suicidal poets and Oettinger drink Everclear straight. It's better thought of as "vodka concentrate" for the discerning lover of blackout drunkenness.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Badfellow wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:46 pm

Only idiots, suicidal poets and Oettinger drink Everclear straight. It's better thought of as "vodka concentrate" for the discerning lover of blackout drunkenness.
You handed it to me! It was even better than expected. Smooth, almost shy, and sweet like a roses` kiss
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

From Wikipedia: "According to the manufacturer, Everclear "should be viewed as an unfinished ingredient", not consumed directly in undiluted form, and the company acknowledges that the product "has a rather notorious reputation" due to its high alcohol content.[3] "

Will be going to liquor store later to find this "Everclear."

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Something to think about:

"The Dangers Of Smoking Everclear
As people look for new ways to increase the buzz of alcohol and avoid some of its unpleasant effects, dangerous methods of consuming alcohol are increasing in popularity. In recent years, smoking alcohol has become more widespread, a behavior that could make Everclear even more dangerous.

Reports suggest that some people are experimenting with smoking Everclear. Smoking alcohol has gained in popularity for several reasons, namely due to the intrigue surrounding it and the assumption that this method bypasses the calories normally associated with drinking.

For this reason, smoking alcohol has been tied to “drunkorexia,” a dangerous behavior where people don’t eat enough, but continue to abuse alcohol. This can cause malnourishment and other health problems. Using alcohol this way can also cause overdose more rapidly, as a person isn’t able to control the amount of alcohol they’re using as well as when it’s in the liquid form."

https://www.addictioncampuses.com/blog/ ... everclear/

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:50 pm
Something to think about:

"The Dangers Of Smoking Everclear
As people look for new ways to increase the buzz of alcohol and avoid some of its unpleasant effects, dangerous methods of consuming alcohol are increasing in popularity. In recent years, smoking alcohol has become more widespread, a behavior that could make Everclear even more dangerous.

Reports suggest that some people are experimenting with smoking Everclear. Smoking alcohol has gained in popularity for several reasons, namely due to the intrigue surrounding it and the assumption that this method bypasses the calories normally associated with drinking.

For this reason, smoking alcohol has been tied to “drunkorexia,” a dangerous behavior where people don’t eat enough, but continue to abuse alcohol. This can cause malnourishment and other health problems. Using alcohol this way can also cause overdose more rapidly, as a person isn’t able to control the amount of alcohol they’re using as well as when it’s in the liquid form."

https://www.addictioncampuses.com/blog/ ... everclear/
...and don`t forget the burns. Burning it is Alcohol abuse!!!!
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

BAHAHA! I guess I won't be getting Everclear at the liquor store. Apparently, it's illegal in California.