Adulting sux and really fucking cuts into drinking.

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Adulting sux and really fucking cuts into drinking.

Post by Patchez »

Most of us are forced to do it. Sucks on toast. It pays the bills, gives you a roof ant the other shit you need to live. It also makes tose moments with Sweet Mother Booze all the more special.

I don't mean the three or four beers every evening that all decent adults do. I mean deep in your cups this is gonn hurt in the AM.

I for one am only good for this one or two nights every other week. The off weeks I am responsible for the well being of a tiny drunk, aka a toddler.
Let's face it, she's to cute to let die cause my fat ass is too hungover to keep her from running into traffic. Plus it would look bad on myGrandpa Record. Topping it all of Grammy would fucking kill me, htne no more booze ever. Ya gotta pick your battles.

I've said all this to say that tonight is gonna produce an epic, tomorrow is gonna suck at work hangovers. I work second shift to boot!

Bacchus be with you!

P.S. Only the best Grand Pappys get their granddaughters Troegs Nimble Giant onesies.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Adulting sux and really fucking cuts into drinking.

Post by oettinger »

Patchez wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:16 pm

P.S. Only the best Grand Pappys get their granddaughters Troegs Nimble Giant onesies.
The first thing I noticed. What happens if she says "I want that Raiders one!"?
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

And to add, this is why I will never reproduce.
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Yeah adulting sux. I can barely take care of myself much less children.
Okole maluna!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

You shold sellr that thing on ebay
eBaby. and buy moar boozes.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

Being able to get drunk is one of the few recourses effective enough to combat the alienation that is produced by subordinating life activity to the demands of a job you don't want to be at. Nothing handles post-work blues and anxiety like alcohol. The problem is, that the more of your life that the job consumes, the more that time spent drinking and being drunk becomes necessary, yet the time available for drinking/recovery time diminishes. If adulting means spending the majority of your time performing an activity you don't want to be doing, it makes sense that a form of escapism, such as drunkenness, would become a necessity.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Fabricsoftner wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:10 pm
Being able to get drunk is one of the few recourses effective enough to combat the alienation that is produced by subordinating life activity to the demands of a job you don't want to be at. Nothing handles post-work blues and anxiety like alcohol. The problem is, that the more of your life that the job consumes, the more that time spent drinking and being drunk becomes necessary, yet the time available for drinking/recovery time diminishes. If adulting means spending the majority of your time performing an activity you don't want to be doing, it makes sense that a form of escapism, such as drunkenness, would become a necessity.
Wow I just fell in love
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Artful Detective wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:09 am
Fabricsoftner wrote:
Wow I just fell in love

Same here
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

We all love Fab. He needs to come around more often. Classes the joint up some.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

DharmaBum
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by DharmaBum »

Fabricsoftner wrote:
I do agree with the sentiment but I would counter the argument by claiming that the less time you have on boozing the more you are forced to enjoy every sip. It's very much like the Heideggerian thought that our mortality, the briefness of our very existence, forces us to cherish every single moment or even better: act in accordance with our true authentic self.
In this case, if your work and adult responsibilities hinder the fulfillment of your true nature, the flourishing of the raving drunk poet within, you should, if not quit your job and leave your family, at least make changes that allow you to focus on what's really important to you.
Just keep livin'

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

DharmaBum wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:42 pm
Fabricsoftner wrote:
I do agree with the sentiment but I would counter the argument by claiming that the less time you have on boozing the more you are forced to enjoy every sip. It's very much like the Heideggerian thought that our mortality, the briefness of our very existence, forces us to cherish every single moment or even better: act in accordance with our true authentic self.
In this case, if your work and adult responsibilities hinder the fulfillment of your true nature, the flourishing of the raving drunk poet within, you should, if not quit your job and leave your family, at least make changes that allow you to focus on what's really important to you.
I'd like to respond more at length to this, and I'll admit to not being super familiar with Heidegger, but here's my hot take:

It's apparent that the less access one has to a resource/the more precious it is, the more valuable that resource is (presupposing use-value). If (leisure) time, the small time frame in which we can "act in accordance with our true authentic selves" free from economic compulsions, is indeed limited or rare, it's certainly true that each moment spent within that bracket would be appreciated more than if leisure time were in abundance. The amount of leisure time we are allotted, however is not fixed. While its true that any given society requires a definite amount of labor in order to produce and reproduce itself, how this occurs is determined by the historical period of the society. We should not be "forced" to enjoy every moment, nor should the time frame in which we experience joy should be determined by our work schedule. Instead of limiting the time frame in which productive members of a given society can potentially enjoy themselves, the goal should be to maximize leisure time while minimizing necessary labor time. Work and adulting shouldn't defeat your dreams and goals, but the reality is that a definite amount of time/week must be exchanged for a definite amount of money. For a majority of people, this means working 40-60 hours a week, which can suck and really fucking cut into drinking.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards