The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

User avatar
Nausea
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 am

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by Nausea » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:05 pm

The Weekday Drop terrorizes me still.

How can the drinking be over already?

Because it has to. But, but, but!!!

User avatar
Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Posts: 2834
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:09 am
Location: Coming in your back door.

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by Resident Asshole » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:58 pm

This actually relates to me tonight as work had the audacity to schedule a meeting in the morning at 8am. Therefore, I will drink from the time I got home until 10 or so, eat a late dinner and be none the worse for wear in the morn. The key in my mind is knowing how to moderate it when you have responsibilities. My definition of moderate may be 10 drinks tonight since I have an early morning (not early compared to 5am), but most people would be straight drunk on that.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9376
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by oettinger » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:52 am

What sometimes worked wonders for me is drinking till very late. Your alarm goes off in two to three ours. You clean yourself a bit brush the teeth and leave fifteen minutes after waking up. Eat chewing gum if you feel like it.
I`ve mastered a lot of day long meetings and advanced trainings that way. The hangover kicks in when you`re home/hotel bed. After a week of that you`ll sleep another full week. So be warned, but this worked for me.
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
Artful Drunktective
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Posts: 2261
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm
Location: Yautja Prime

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by Artful Drunktective » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Resident Asshole wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:58 pm
This actually relates to me tonight as work had the audacity to schedule a meeting in the morning at 8am. Therefore, I will drink from the time I got home until 10 or so, eat a late dinner and be none the worse for wear in the morn. The key in my mind is knowing how to moderate it when you have responsibilities. My definition of moderate may be 10 drinks tonight since I have an early morning (not early compared to 5am), but most people would be straight drunk on that.
Agreed. Start drinking early and put myself to bed early. My problem is that if I don't moderate and sleep it off, I reek like booze the next day (which has happened many o' times). In my line of work I really shouldn't do that but when I do, I hide in my office and pretend like I'm doing important stuff so people leave me alone.
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail


Image

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9376
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by oettinger » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:47 am

When I worked on sundays it wasn`t that I reeked of booze, the template was how hard I reeked of booze.
I mean children can`t tall the difference between vodka and beer, co-workers can though
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
Nausea
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 am

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by Nausea » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 am

I seem to have the supernatural ability of not reeking like any of the booze I have drank. Or so I think, as evidenced by the non-reactions of my daily interlocutors.

Slurring beyond 400ml is my betrayal. Yes, I know my figures -- the necessary adaptive strategies of a daily drunk.

User avatar
Nausea
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 am

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by Nausea » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:06 am

As reported on Skype, I have successfully managed to double the amount of whisky I drink on a daily basis since this thread's inception.

The caveat is working with a hangover that is tough to wake from, but which completely subsides after a Monster and some time.

The trick is being like Spock and adhering to the proper drunkard logic; that is, knowing the hangover will subside and powering through it.

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9376
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by oettinger » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:40 am

Just follow the rules of the Bee Gees: try to stay alive today, die hard tomorrow
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
Tom
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:27 pm
Location: A steady stumble usually points me in the right direction.
Contact:

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by Tom » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:17 pm

(1) 10mg Valium
(2) Excedrin
Codeine of some sort. Even a few swigs of the old cough medicine will do.
(3) large glasses of water

There's no way to be hungover or have the shakes after that.
Baby, your body is so beautiful I wish I was an artist so I could paint it. As it is, I'll have to settle for taking a picture with my digital camera and selling copies to middle school kids for 5 bucks a piece.

User avatar
Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5178
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by Patchez » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:15 pm

No more weekday drop tragedy for me. I'm working weekend nights now! Three days off mid week. Sweet drinking time. Cheap drink specials on off peak drinking nights. Gonna be nice change of pace.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Hugh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:38 am
Location: San Diego CA

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by Hugh » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:04 am

Nausea wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:06 am
As reported on Skype, I have successfully managed to double the amount of whisky I drink on a daily basis since this thread's inception.

The caveat is working with a hangover that is tough to wake from, but which completely subsides after a Monster and some time.

The trick is being like Spock and adhering to the proper drunkard logic; that is, knowing the hangover will subside and powering through it.
EXACTLY! Power through the goddamb thing. I work Sunday mornings, so I often go in with a hangover. The younger guys won't do it, they call in sick. It's frustrating, I'm 30 years older than them but I get my ass in to work, even if I'm puking out the car door as I drive in.

And when I finally make it home at the end of the day I sleep like a baby.

User avatar
scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1541
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Home usually.

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by scream ale » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:39 pm

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:04 am
Nausea wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:06 am
As reported on Skype, I have successfully managed to double the amount of whisky I drink on a daily basis since this thread's inception.

The caveat is working with a hangover that is tough to wake from, but which completely subsides after a Monster and some time.

The trick is being like Spock and adhering to the proper drunkard logic; that is, knowing the hangover will subside and powering through it.
EXACTLY! Power through the goddamb thing. I work Sunday mornings, so I often go in with a hangover. The younger guys won't do it, they call in sick. It's frustrating, I'm 30 years older than them but I get my ass in to work, even if I'm puking out the car door as I drive in.

And when I finally make it home at the end of the day I sleep like a baby.
Good job!
Image

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:25 am

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by gede » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:28 am

recently I’ve gotten more longevity by mixing booze with safe and hydrating beverages on the weeknights. I mix wine with the glasses of Soda water I might otherwise have to hydrate, and a bit of brandy in the lemon/ginger tea that sends me to sleep (hence doubly soporific).

User avatar
Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Posts: 3939
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:23 am
Location: Norris Green

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by Mr. Viking » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:41 pm

sadly I have let responsibility (the pretence thereof) to get the better of me. As I always suspected, nobody actually turns up to my 8am meetings. If you can try iut though, do a 6-2 or 7-3, still time to get a good day drunk on and pass out early enough to surprise your colleagues (adversaries). plus, no fucking traffic aaaaahhhahahahhahahhhahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahhahhahahahaha eat my .....
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

User avatar
benitobeast69
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:25 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by benitobeast69 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:36 pm

I'll be honest I can't do it. I seldom drink when I have an early start cause I keep loosing jobs cause of it. I am so unable to moderate my drinking aside from just not drinking at all for that specific night. Every so often I'll try and convince myself...give myself the pep talk...it'll be ok. it fucking never is. I'll be unable to stand about 30minutes before I need to be getting up taking a shower. I can (kinda) easily make a decision not to drink for a night...I cannot make a decision to drink moderately.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane. (needless to say, with a non-hungover person at the controls)." - Kinglsey Amis

Post Reply