Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

User avatar
DharmaBum
Booze Head
Booze Head
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:30 am
Contact:

Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by DharmaBum » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:40 am

What are some of the best tips to get awful tasting drinks down? How do you usually go about avoiding the most unfortunate fate liquor can have i.e. ending up on the pavement or the bathroom floor.

Personally, I've found that besides illicit substances, such as cocaine, the best way of taking a shot (or twenty) is to inhale sharply before drinking and exhale as you've managed to swallow. Sometimes chilling the drink or having it on the rocks can also help.

Wines tend to upset my stomach, especially white wines, perhaps because of their acidic content, and drinking beer properly has one going through many liters of the said substance often causing an uncomfortable fullness and sometimes puking just because of the sheer amount of the liquid. I find that whisky and vodka are easy to keep down and of course you can lubricate your system with a little beer and water as you progress towards blackout city. All in all the less liquid, the less sugar and the less bs you put in the more likely it is that you are going to have a good time.

However, it should be noted that puking is acceptable, groaning and frowning is acceptable, but quitting--that is not to be tolerated.
Just keep livin'

User avatar
Dear Booze
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1814
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by Dear Booze » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:35 am

DharmaBum wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:40 am
What are some of the best tips to get awful tasting drinks down? How do you usually go about avoiding the most unfortunate fate liquor can have i.e. ending up on the pavement...
I'm not sure why anyone would drink something they find "awful". Hell, I would support anyone who drinks Pina Coladas if that's what they like (of course I would tease them mercilessly if they were a close friend). But who am I to pressure someone into drinking something they dont like? The best way is to avoid what you don't like in the first place.

By the way, welcome to the board Dharma. Glad you are here. When you have a moment, go over to the "New To The Board" thread and introduce yourself.

I'm looking forward to reading your posts.
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a drunk man tortilla chips, Velveeta and a hair dryer and he has nachos.

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9562
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by oettinger » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:29 am

DB I think there have been threads dealing with realting topics. i.e. only shit stuff left, mixing bad alcohol with good alcohol and so forth.

I would mix it to an acceptable level.

The exhaling thing is always working. And without any knowledge from elders, every new generation of drunks finds out for themselfes. Me and my friends did back in the day.

Ice "almost solid" cold always does wonders to a shit beverage too.


Edit: not too long ago Willies asked my to freeze-distill my bumwine. It turned more into a smoothie. It tasted like water
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
DharmaBum
Booze Head
Booze Head
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:30 am
Contact:

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by DharmaBum » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:05 am

Yeah I didn't bother searching as the forum didn't seem too crowded.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/photo/2011 ... 888544.htm
Just keep livin'

User avatar
Artful Drunktective
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Posts: 2321
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm
Location: Yautja Prime

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by Artful Drunktective » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:35 am

Dear Booze wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:35 am
DharmaBum wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:40 am
What are some of the best tips to get awful tasting drinks down? How do you usually go about avoiding the most unfortunate fate liquor can have i.e. ending up on the pavement...
I'm not sure why anyone would drink something they find "awful". Hell, I would support anyone who drinks Pina Coladas if that's what they like (of course I would tease them mercilessly if they were a close friend). But who am I to pressure someone into drinking something they dont like? The best way is to avoid what you don't like in the first place.
Why you gotta be dissin' on Piña coladas? I thought that was your drink of choice?
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail


Image

User avatar
Artful Drunktective
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Posts: 2321
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm
Location: Yautja Prime

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by Artful Drunktective » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:11 pm

Artful Detective wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:35 am
Dear Booze wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:35 am
DharmaBum wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:40 am
What are some of the best tips to get awful tasting drinks down? How do you usually go about avoiding the most unfortunate fate liquor can have i.e. ending up on the pavement...
I'm not sure why anyone would drink something they find "awful". Hell, I would support anyone who drinks Pina Coladas if that's what they like (of course I would tease them mercilessly if they were a close friend). But who am I to pressure someone into drinking something they dont like? The best way is to avoid what you don't like in the first place.
Why you gotta be dissin' on Piña coladas? I thought that was your drink of choice?

Drinking those umbrelly drinks while listening to the Piña colada song while laying in your lawn chair with your bath robe splayed wide open. Under that Californication sun. Not sure while I felt the need to comment on this hours later. Cheers!
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail


Image

User avatar
Nausea
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 956
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by Nausea » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:21 pm

Why would someone drink something awful? Probably because it's cheap! Rotgut whisky keeps the working man's veins saturated with booze for longer periods of time.

Exhalation with a good chaser is sure to keep you chugging along. It works for me, at least.

Now the scary thing is that I've drunken so much of one bottom shelf whiskey that it tastes OK neat. Acclimation.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9562
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by oettinger » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:18 am

Good point Nausea, I too guzzle down so much cheap crab every weekend that the high end stuff tastes like it`s from another dimension.
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
Artful Drunktective
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Posts: 2321
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm
Location: Yautja Prime

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by Artful Drunktective » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:58 am

The worst part is when I finally do have high end stuff I'm like "Eww! What the hell is this crap!?!"
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail


Image

User avatar
Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 8182
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Inside the Ethyl Molecule

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by Badfellow » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:08 pm

5 reasons why someone might drink something aweful

1. It's cheap.

2. It's all that's available. Think Alaska, Sumatra or Saudi Arabia.

3. You belong to the Cult of Malort.

4. You are retarded.

5. If you prescribe to the phenomenon of stunt cocktailing in which the goal is to seek out the most disgusting, overtly offensive drink possible. Yes, it's a thing.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

User avatar
DharmaBum
Booze Head
Booze Head
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:30 am
Contact:

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by DharmaBum » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:34 am

Haha you are a bad fellow indeed aren't you

I made 452k € last year without a university degree. Ironically enough I asked the question mostly because I can't seem to be able to keep down shit like Lagavulin etc.
Just keep livin'

User avatar
Nausea
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 956
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by Nausea » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:51 pm

BTW, I think that one critical no-no to drinking awful booze is letting it linger on the tongue too long before swallowing. You aren't trying to taste the damn stuff, but rather absorb it as amicably as possible.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

User avatar
Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 8182
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Inside the Ethyl Molecule

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by Badfellow » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:34 am

Nausea wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:51 pm
BTW, I think that one critical no-no to drinking awful booze is letting it linger on the tongue too long before swallowing. You aren't trying to taste the damn stuff, but rather absorb it as amicably as possible.
Yes, you are of a certainty correct about that. Although some liquors are far less amicable than others. Take for example bad Paruvian pisco that tastes like a parrot fart, or a Bacchanalian rampage on overproof rum. No, those aren't the kind of friends you want hanging around, busting lamps and puking on your couch.

Skanky booze can be a sticky wicket to negotiate, but I've found a trick where you carmelize sugar on top of a lime slice by dousing it in the overproof liquor you intend to drink and then light it on fire for a few seconds. Makes a great chaser, just be sure you extinguish the flame first.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

User avatar
Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 8182
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Inside the Ethyl Molecule

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by Badfellow » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:38 am

DharmaBum wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:34 am
I made 452k € last year without a university degree. Ironically enough I asked the question mostly because I can't seem to be able to keep down shit like Lagavulin etc.
Practice makes perfect. Start with something you find only mildly repulsive and then work your way down from there. Pretty soon, you'll be drinking MD 20/20 Electric Melon like a champ.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

User avatar
Nausea
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 956
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by Nausea » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:38 pm

Ha! Apparently Captain Obvious is one of my drunken alter egos.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

Post Reply