Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Best tips to get and keep the medicine down

Post by Badfellow »

All good, Captain Nausea. My fellow Drunkard senators call me Oblivius Maximus. Yes, it takes a swaying eye to see through the maelstrom.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:34 am

I've found a trick where you carmelize sugar on top of a lime slice by dousing it in the overproof liquor you intend to drink and then light it on fire for a few seconds. Makes a great chaser,
Ever tried that with a 3.3 bac? If you`re lucky you manage to not spill your drink, set yourself afire and drop it all in your drink. But drunk like that, by then your tastebuds went on everything`s styrophoam mode anyway
Drink!

DharmaBum
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by DharmaBum »

can yous use a lighter too cramellize the sugar OR do you need those kitchen applicance blowtorches? like cremeé vrulee?
Just keep livin'

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

DharmaBum wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:19 pm
can yous use a lighter too cramellize the sugar OR do you need those kitchen applicance blowtorches? like cremeé vrulee?
A kitchen blowtorch type thing would be ideal. Then you could control the caramelization so it doesn't turn into a charred, butt flavored mess. Yep, basically like creme brulee.

This technique would open up a whole new frontier of cocktail recipes.

DharmaBum
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by DharmaBum »

ordered one online, we''ll see how it worksk

love me a creme brulee or an obscrure way of carammelizing shit

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

This is probably important: if you're using a blowtorch to caramelize sugar (or whatever) then you don't need to add alcohol. Well, you could, but it might blown up in your face. Please use caution when playing drunk with fire.

Furthermore, I accept no responsibility for crispy eyebrows or any other injury that might occur from neglegent use of flammable substances, including but not limited to ethyl alcohol, methyl alcohol, hair spray, white phosphorus, black market Russian sex grease, gasoline, etcetera and so forth.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Yes, but this is all still legally Gulp-able.

Now for a good chug.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I like to think of myself as a seasoned rotgut (think of the plastic bottles that are some high % of "neutral grain spirits") drinker. As such, I humbly offer a few more tips for any would-be rotgut-drinker.

First, smell the liquor thoroughly. How nauseating the nose is is a strong determiner of whether or not you'll yak upon swallowing. Smells just fine? Good: you're ready to proceed to the next step.

Now, take a small swill of the liquor and hold it in your mouth. If you salivate your tongue a little bit before doing so, I find that it holds better. Once everything has reached a peaceful equilibrium, swallow thoroughly and do a fist bump to Bacchus as the liquor goes down the nozzle. Do not swallow if something is amiss. Any small indicator of possible yakking should be taken seriously, for it portends the yakking itself. Once you're rid of this sensation, you are ready to proceed.

Repeat step 2 until the liquor becomes as easy to down as anything else. Transcendence! You're now on your way to high-and-cheap drunkardom. Godspeed to ye, fellow traveler.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

This is an excellent way to choose liquor. But I just discovered, the hard way, that the manager ar BevMo frowns upon this method.
DRINK!