Is it just me?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

the_inebriati
Souse
Souse

Is it just me?

Post by the_inebriati »

But I get headaches no matter what. I mean even if I don't get drunk..if I just have 1 beer an hour and am never even buzzed..I wind up with a headache. If have a few whiskeys neat..I have a headache. If I have 4 glasses of red wine..I have a headache. I used to think it was strictly a hydration issue, but I've tried drinking water like a U-boat taking on ballast all night long and still..I have a headache..although diminished with some liquors. Perhaps I need to double down on the water, all though I can't imagine any more would help after I've downed a pint of water every 1/2 hour for an entire evening..and still...headache. And these aren't even hangover headaches..these start to take hold while I'm still drinking...let alone after sleeping a while. I wonder if I am allergic all these years or something. Any ideas?

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Is it just me?

Post by Badfellow »

Hmmmmm. You may well have an allergy which would be most, most unfortunate. The only way to tell for certain would be to (fuck, can't believe I'm going to say this) eliminate alcohol from your diet for a period of time and see if it has any effect on your frequency of headaches.

Good health to you, at any rate, and keep us posted. Hopefully it isn't the alcohol causing your issues. And, of course, if your headaches persist than by all means see a competent medical professional.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

its pretty hard to stay hydrated while drinking cause the booze just diuretics the shit out of you so you pass all the water your're trying to put in. best bet i always think is to use pain meds/more booze and then when the diuretic effects have worn off abit smash some water...or even better some sort of hydrating formula with minerals and shit. best of luck though and Beer God's blessings.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:28 pm
its pretty hard to stay hydrated while drinking cause the booze just diuretics the shit out of you so you pass all the water your're trying to put in. best bet i always think is to use pain meds/more booze and then when the diuretic effects have worn off abit smash some water...or even better some sort of hydrating formula with minerals and shit. best of luck though and Beer God's blessings.
Spot on.

Mondays I down water by the gallon. It just disappears somewhere in my body. I never have to pee

It probably fills the empty space that was once called a shiny and bright mind
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Could be high blood pressure. Ask your doctor. Try to find one that drinks.
like tears in rain

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:40 am
Mondays I down water by the gallon. It just disappears somewhere in my body. I never have to pee'

You're probably just in the early stages of kidney failure.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Sammy wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:06 am
oettinger wrote:
Mondays I down water by the gallon. It just disappears somewhere in my body. I never have to pee'

He probably looks like a raisin on Monday. Ya know, the golden raisin. All dehydrated and shit. I bet if you ate that raisin, it'd be like eating a pill of three-day-condensed vodka and lemon.

By Wednesday, his eyes pop back into place, his skin becomes waxy, and his can urinate again. The brain-part stops rattling around like a peanut in a coconut shell.

The next day, he begins stock-piling for the Friday night, like a squirrel does with acorns.

It's a lifestyle that amazes and inspires me. One day... One day.

I could probably do one day like that.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Sammy wrote:
oettinger wrote:

Advice from Dr. Sammy. Could be a weekly column. Hell I'd read it.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:10 pm
Sammy wrote:
oettinger wrote:

Advice from Dr. Sammy. Could be a weekly column. Hell I'd read it.
Same here, he lived through the rigors of a drunk/truck driver live and managed to stay young in an advanced age. We should listen closely
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Sammy wrote:
oettinger wrote:

I am there. But booze doesn't bother me. My Daddy died from kidney failure. The docs told him he had to go on five day a week dialysis. He said no. So he died under hospice. I hope his agnostic formerly Catholic ass was reunited with mom, who died from dementia. You know you must be getting old when your parents croak. Personally, I intend to live until 100 years. But I will probably leave my dear husband a widower, and he is older than me. Now, if you are drinking tons of water and you can't pee, that is a major malfunction. I have a new nephrologist, who held up a container of hand soap (maybe 12 or 16 oz?) and told me I should not consume more liquid than that. I think I may have been assigned a major Navy quack. Keep drinking water. You do need to pee. Also, wtf is your doc doing about your situation? Speak up. I'm going for my remission exam with my oncologist this month, and you bet your butt I am telling on my crazy nephrologist.
like tears in rain

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Sending good drunkard vibes for your check up Lady Savage! I'll toast you when I get home from work in the AM!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice