La Petite Vie

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

La Petite Vie

Post by Patchez »

La petite vie. The Little Life. That is what it is to drink, to be drunk. The little bit of life sprung from the drudgery of day to day existence in modern life.

You put your 8 or 10 or 12 hours in so you can have a taste for the 'Murican Dream. You slog along for your family and the home you have or hope to have. Sucking the shit handed down by the suits. You do it. For your family and for those brief hours you can embrace drunkenness and La Petite Vie.

I see you young guys out there saying "Hell no. Not me. Life will be on my terms. I will change they system!" Have at it and tilt at those windmills. Rebellion is a young man's game.

No you won't. The game has been rigged for far too long. Those with the money have the power and you won't change it. All you can do now is fight for the few liberties you have left. La Petite Vie. Drunkenness. Those short shining moments that you can remain blissfully unaware your time for 40 to 120 hours a week are owned. Not by you either.

Embrace all the Little life you can.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: La Petite Vie

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^
Thank you for this. Very profound. Cheers!
2018 (much like your glasses) is going to be the best year yet.
Okole maluna!

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

Patchez wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:29 pm
I see you young guys out there saying "Hell no. Not me. Life will be on my terms. I will change they system!" Have at it and tilt at those windmills. Rebellion is a young man's game.

No you won't. The game has been rigged for far too long. Those with the money have the power and you won't change it. All you can do now is fight for the few liberties you have left. La Petite Vie. Drunkenness. Those short shining moments that you can remain blissfully unaware your time for 40 to 120 hours a week are owned. Not by you either.

Nah, fuck that nonsense. You act as if revolutions have never occurred. Take that anger you feel about the status quo, and direct at the bourgeoisie. The time you spend drinking should be set on your own terms. Why should our life-activity be "petitie?

Even if you're right, and the fight is futile, better to use alcohol to fuel rage and take a few out with you, than it is to use alcohol to fuel passivity.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

2018 off to a good start already. Drunks of the revolution
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

"Rage, rage against the dying light,
Do not go gentle into that good night."
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

The world is like a greasy bathrobe. Fresh and clean at first, but someday it binds you, constricts you.

Then it's time to grab it by the lapels and stretch it out. Leave them marks. Stretch marks in that robe.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

There's been a lot of greasy bathrobe wearin' on here lately.
Okole maluna!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Artful Detective wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:08 pm
There's been a lot of greasy bathrobe wearin' on here lately.
Greasy bathrobes are coming out of the closet?

Damn. Now all the hipsters will be wearing them.

Faaaaackkkk...

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Le Petit Wee-Wee

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Just a few regulars at the local, the loud dirty-joke tellin trucker at the end of the bar says, "ok just one more, make it a small one I'm supposed to pick up a load in a few hours".
Barmaid brings him his drink, he says "Wow, that is a small one" So I had to spout "That's what she said".
He goes "Yeah, she said that but I told her Honey that thing ain't small YER BOOGERS TOO BIG".
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Red
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Red »

My New Year's resolution was to drink more in 2018. So far, so good. Fortunately I can general return to baseline by the time I'm ready to start drinking again. I'm wondering why more wine isn't sold in larger containers, however.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Don't think I've ever seen an 18 liter bottle of wine...

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:53 pm
Don't think I've ever seen an 18 liter bottle of wine...
I know, yoú consider full unopened bottles a personal insult
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Patchez wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:29 pm
La petite vie. The Little Life. That is what it is to drink, to be drunk. The little bit of life sprung from the drudgery of day to day existence in modern life.

You put your 8 or 10 or 12 hours in so you can have a taste for the 'Murican Dream. You slog along for your family and the home you have or hope to have. Sucking the shit handed down by the suits. You do it. For your family and for those brief hours you can embrace drunkenness and La Petite Vie.

You do it for your family. Thank god I don't have one. I do it to keep four walls around me and lock the world out. Mine is a low level job and barely makes the rent and Franzia. But it in fact does make it for now, and I'm satisfied with La Petite Vie. As it gets worse I can cut down on how much canned ravioli I eat at one sitting. Certainly I can get two meals out of a $1.33 can.

Break your post up into lines and verses and submit it to some poetry publication somewhere. They'll probably reject it as misanthropic rantings, but so what? Being a failed poet just another part of La Petite Vie and gives you another reason to get drunk.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:30 pm

As it gets worse I can cut down on how much canned ravioli I eat at one sitting. Certainly I can get two meals out of a $1.33 can.

Welcome to the jungle!

With some hot/cold water that sounds like my soupe o`the day

Even janis likes it, take another taste of my heart now baby
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:11 pm
Hugh wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:30 pm

As it gets worse I can cut down on how much canned ravioli I eat at one sitting. Certainly I can get two meals out of a $1.33 can.

Welcome to the jungle!

With some hot/cold water that sounds like my soupe o`the day

Even janis likes it, take another taste of my heart now baby
A woman can be tough, she says.