Found a new whiskey

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

Hugh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Found a new whiskey

Post by Hugh » Mon May 13, 2019 11:47 pm

New to me, anyway. Ten High whiskey. It says on the label fine print that it is bourbon, but apparently that has been in dispute before. No matter - I want cheap, and that's what it is. The generic 1.75 bottle of whiskey is $12, Ten High is $13. For more comparison, Kessler is $14.

I'll try to post a pic here to show what I'm talking about regarding the word bourbon on the label:

Hugh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Found a new whiskey

Post by Hugh » Mon May 13, 2019 11:49 pm

Ah, it worked. See how SOUR MASH is in bold, and then down below in finer print it says bourbon.

Anyway, I don't usually drink during the week, but I got done with work early tonight. It tastes all right, I guess. I don't drink whiskey for the taste, just to get drunk.

Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Patchez » Tue May 14, 2019 12:36 am

Drunken Jack Flask smiles down on you from Drunkard Heaven. He used to espouse the virtues and wonders of Ten High.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Nausea
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Nausea » Tue May 14, 2019 10:30 am

Ah, some cheap rotgut. You're speaking my language. Keep your eye out for Kentucky Deluxe -- my staple drink, and also very cheap rotgut, but not that harsh on the palate or the morning after.

I tried this Ten High stuff once. I don't remember anything about it, though-- just that it gave me a splitting headache of a hangover. One of those times where you almost wish you didn't get so drunk, if that wasn't nonsense. No regrets!
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.