Drinking Games - Post them here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

meanjoefan
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by meanjoefan »

coqui_chris wrote:You know what's a good game, The Name Game.

A good memory of this for me was when I went to Vermont last March. We had a cabin maybe 20 minutes from Killington with an outdoors hottub. We left the cases right next to the outside of the tub and sat inside of it, sipping the beers and enjoying the serenity of the woods at nighttime playing this game. I became so engrossed in the act of trying to get the names with the double-initials.
Boris Becker, Kris Kristofferson, Danny DeVito, Steven Stills, Alan Alda are indelibly etched into my mind...

EDIT: you need obscure names to get you through when the alphabet's been thoroughly mined. I've found that Samuel Gompers is always available...plus, if anyone throws you "Frank Zappa" as a name, fire right back with (obscure hockey player) "Zarley Zalapsky"; they'll HAVE to drink to get themselves out of this....

RE-EDIT: ROFL at the thought that I went to this site to include the former edit, only to realize I must've done it sometime yetserday w/o recollection.
Last edited by meanjoefan on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I lost 10 quick pounds on the "bologna and applesauce" diet!
Ask how you can too!

cloud8
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by cloud8 »

DrDrinkBastard wrote:
coqui_chris wrote:
DrDrinkBastard wrote:A-Team drinking game rocks the house party 8 days a week
Now this I've gotta learn ...
When George Peppard appears in costume or disguise, drink.
When Hannibal breaks out a cigar, drink.
When BA must be tricked onto an airplane (i.e. put under) drink 3 times.
When Murdoch is busted out of a mental ward, drink 4 times.
When the antagonist has an accent, drink. [snip]
Now that is a hell of a game and makes me want to watch an A-Team season a night. You might add:

When Hannibal says, I love it when a plan comes together! finish the bottle.
"Never apologise for being in the Bourbon aisle."
--Smatter Noguts

scooter1979
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by scooter1979 »

Dodgy Ed wrote:Man that makes three three-man players, all of us in different countries
A number of years back, there were a few British guys in town I taught 3-man to. Put them in for a world of hurt.

As far as I know, only one of them is still here, and everytime I run into him, he curses me for assaulting his liver like that.

I still like to think the others took 3-man back to assault their fellow countrymen, with the preface of "This fucking American asshole taught me this..."
The 2 greatest english words: "Spill Tab."

If you're not on somebody's shitlist, you're not doing anything worthwhile.

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

We played 3-man, also asshole/president and kings/categories, back in my younger partying days. I still love endrunkening, but since I actually enjoy the taste of the booze these days it's really not necessary to do the contest thing. It would probably be fun every once in a while at a party, though.

I'm a euchre junkie, too - I'll take any of you on.

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

I really like drinking games. We invented a game called ESP, but it's so simple that I'm sure variations on it are played everywhere. Basically someone holds up a card and another person has to guess the colour. If they get it wrong then they drink three fingers and get another card. If they get it right they have to guess the suit. If they get it wrong they have to drink six fingers and get another card. If they get it right then the person holding the card gets to pick a number that isn't the same as the one he's holding and the other bloke has to guess whether the card value is higher or lower. Get it wrong and you down a pint and get a new card. It a tricky bastard game and ensures nights get off if not well, then at least quickly. I also like Celebrity Name Game. However, the Withnail and I drinking game is the best. Every time they have a drink or a smoke, you have a drink or a smoke. If you don't smoke weed then substitute smoke for shot. You have to have the same drinks as them except for the lighter fluid. We used Stroh 80 for that. Subsitute with your own very strong drink.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Mallory Knox
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Mallory Knox »

Mother Goose is HAWT!!!
(Just sayin'...)
ivan wrote:Bring it! You foe me, and I'll make brilliant posts that you won't see!

Saturn
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Saturn »

The Great Dalmuti is my favorite drinking game. The real gamers know what I'm talking about here.
I Give Thanks For Inspiration It Guides My Mind Along The Way
A Lot Of People Get Jealous, They're Talking About Me
But That's Just 'Cause They Haven't Got A Thing To Say

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

I'll say this about games, though, especially Kings or Asshole or whatever. Its nice when you're hanging out with a whole group of people vs. having a television on. Its kind of a wholesome way to engage everyone.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Saturn
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Saturn »

coqui_chris wrote:I'll say this about games, though, especially Kings or Asshole or whatever. Its nice when you're hanging out with a whole group of people vs. having a television on. Its kind of a wholesome way to engage everyone.
Amen to that brother. People need to play more games. A few years ago I operated a couple of game stores. I instilled in my employees that they weren't selling a box of cardboard and plastic for $20-$50 a pop. They were selling a box of a lifetime of FUN and INTERACTION for $20-$50 a pop.
I Give Thanks For Inspiration It Guides My Mind Along The Way
A Lot Of People Get Jealous, They're Talking About Me
But That's Just 'Cause They Haven't Got A Thing To Say

Merc
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Merc »

I'm still in college so I guess we tend to play a lot more drinking games than usual
My friends and I (mostly I) have developed quite a few games over the years...Drinking Mario Kart, Drinking Mario Party, Drinking Chess (not the shitty versions online), Drinking Scrabble, 2 man kings with absurd rules, etc.
I still haven't got anyone to try Drinking Risk with me but one day...

We all have a little bit of nerd in us so we tend to write up our rules and save them for future use that is if they aren't completely ripped apart from the inaugural night
The drinks tend to be on the heavyside since most of my drinking buddies and I tend to drink quite a bit but we can tone it down for the underachievers

mikesnews
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by mikesnews »

Some friends of mine are going to be putting on a Beer Olympics this spring. All these different games you guys have mentioned are really helping with the planning. Keep it going.
There are two things that will be believed of any man whatsoever, and one of them is that he has taken to drink.
- Booth Tarkington

http://www.mikesnews.com
http://www.carpecerveza.com

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

Mallory Knox wrote:Mother Goose is HAWT!!!
(Just sayin'...)
Shaddup you, what are you doin above the table?!
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

Jr_DeCaveman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jr_DeCaveman »

Merc wrote:I'm still in college so I guess we tend to play a lot more drinking games than usual
My friends and I (mostly I) have developed quite a few games over the years...Drinking Mario Kart, Drinking Mario Party, Drinking Chess (not the shitty versions online), Drinking Scrabble, 2 man kings with absurd rules, etc.

We all have a little bit of nerd in us so we tend to write up our rules and save them for future use that is if they aren't completely ripped apart from the inaugural night
The drinks tend to be on the heavyside since most of my drinking buddies and I tend to drink quite a bit but we can tone it down for the underachievers
I too am found of staying at home and playing drinking games with my buddies but at the same time i love nothing better than hitting the local and getting smashed and bullshitting with random people since to me that is the essents of bar life. Anyways thats just my thoughts on the issue

Merc
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Merc »

drunken_child wrote:
Merc wrote:I'm still in college so I guess we tend to play a lot more drinking games than usual

I too am found of staying at home and playing drinking games with my buddies but at the same time i love nothing better than hitting the local and getting smashed and bullshitting with random people since to me that is the essents of bar life. Anyways thats just my thoughts on the issue
I would hit the local too but alas The Man doesn't think I'm old enough

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Drinking Risk has some serious potential.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ