Drinking Games - Post them here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Awesome drinking game... can't wait to try

Post by Wingman »

Mr Boozificator wrote:My problem with drinking games is that most of the time you have to wait for a long while before you can actually start drinking. Not to mention the fact that you are no longer in control of when is going to be your next glass.
Sorry but I can't, no drinking games for me.
this is wrong. you can always take a drink whenever you want during any drinking game.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

Wingman wrote:this is wrong. you can always take a drink whenever you want during any drinking game.
THANK YOU for finally saying what i've been telling locals for years. You can move to my city if you like.
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

el gavacho
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by el gavacho »

fiyah wrote:
Wingman wrote:this is wrong. you can always take a drink whenever you want during any drinking game.
THANK YOU for finally saying what i've been telling locals for years. You can move to my city if you like.
lmao. can't wait to play...drunken scrabble is so 2011 :)

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

actually what I'd been saying is:
"If you need a game to help you drink, you're doing it wrong" -in reference to beerpong and other shit
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

I like drinking games before bar. The results can be most interesting compared to the usual pre-gaming.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

It is funny that in a lot of drinking games (beer pong, asshole, etc.) drinks are doled as "punishment." As if to say, "Haha, you lost, take a drink." Which is an attitude I never understood.

That said, the competitive aspects of the games themselves can be fun, and there's certainly no rule stating you can't swig in between turns.

Really, the more I think about it, many of these drinking games are for green college kids who don't quite know how to drink yet. Some are born to chug, others have chugging thrust upon them.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:It is funny that in a lot of drinking games (beer pong, asshole, etc.) drinks are doled as "punishment."
yeah. if you care about the competition, the "game" part, it can make it harder to win. but if you get shitcanned in a drinking game, haven't you won? which is the beauty of it, it guess.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:It is funny that in a lot of drinking games (beer pong, asshole, etc.) drinks are doled as "punishment." As if to say, "Haha, you lost, take a drink." Which is an attitude I never understood.

That said, the competitive aspects of the games themselves can be fun, and there's certainly no rule stating you can't swig in between turns.

Really, the more I think about it, many of these drinking games are for green college kids who don't quite know how to drink yet. Some are born to chug, others have chugging thrust upon them.

Yes. Youngsters seldom have a natural drinking pace developed before college. Alcohol requires people to drink steadily and to drink when not especially thirsty. The games serve as a pace enforcer to make sure that they're doing it right and don't end up having 3 beers over the course of an evening and end up saying "it doesn't do anything for me, what's the point?"

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I like the Martha Stewart drinking game. Every time she says: "It's a good thing", you down a shot. Just like Martha does. (Just a shot full of bourbon makes the misery, go down!)
like tears in rain

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

I was never into drinking games, but that one looks fun.

The only drinking "game" I kind of like is when you have to keep up with a certain movie. For example, try to keep up with Withnail from the movie Withnail and I, drink whenever (and whatever) he drinks. You probably won't make it.

OR, have a drink every time someone shoots a gun in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Chug during the civil war scene.

John Barleycorn

JimLahey wrote:I was never into drinking games, but that one looks fun.

The only drinking "game" I kind of like is when you have to keep up with a certain movie. For example, try to keep up with Withnail from the movie Withnail and I, drink whenever (and whatever) he drinks. You probably won't make it.

OR, have a drink every time someone shoots a gun in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Chug during the civil war scene.
Take a shot every time a car crashes in Blues Brothers

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

John Barleycorn wrote:

That's find and dandy until you hit the t-minus 15 minute-mark...and then when that pile-up goes down, the shots start flying!
And when the shots start flying, the vomit follows soon after.

John Barleycorn

Aloysius82 wrote:
John Barleycorn wrote:

That's find and dandy until you hit the t-minus 15 minute-mark...and then when that pile-up goes down, the shots start flying!
And when the shots start flying, the vomit follows soon after.
Yeah, better make the rules that we switch to sips of beer after the Good Ol' Boys drive the Winnebago into the water.

wired
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by wired »

To properly enjoy a drinking game one must have a side drink to enjoy during the game. I tend to think of the drinks consumed during the game as bonuses. Drinking games work well for me though, I'm pretty good at losing. Which means of course, I win more booze.

John Barleycorn

You could play euchre as a drinking game where the losing pair buys shots for the winning pair based on the number of points won. For example if the makers get their three books, then the defenders can buy the guy to their right a shot. If the defenders prevent the makers from getting three book, then the makers have to each buy 2 shots for the guy to their right. etc.