Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by Artful Drunktective »

How would you define a "loner"? Like an outcast? Are we talking about John Bender from the Breakfast Club defiantly sitting in the back of detention type o' loner? Or when one goes to a bar and awkwardly feels like they don't fit in? Asking because of the multitude of reasons why people may be alone but not necessarily because they are a loner.

It's that distinct differentiation between "alone" and "lonely". Who defines who is a loner, ourselves or others>?

I don't feel lonely and I love to be alone. Doesn't mean I'm not a good person. Just a people hater. Like Judd Nelson. Ha. Just joking.

I find absolutely nothing wrong with "loners". I mean, as long as they aren't a serial killer in the making, they are almost always good people that are perhaps introverts and/or merely selective about their interactions with people.

I often travel alone and still sit at the bar and I'm perfectly content with that. Maybe throw out some friendly conversation to fellow patrons if I'm feeling social or drunk enough. But I don't feel like a loner. But it's okay to be alone. Embrace the freedom and peace. Who cares what everyone else thinks.

Okole maluna!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 4:52 am

I don't feel lonely and I love to be alone. Doesn't mean I'm not a good person. Just a people hater.

To paraphrase one of my favorivte movies of all time: I don't hate people. I just feel better when they're not around.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 4:52 am
How would you define a "loner"? Like an outcast? Are we talking about John Bender from the Breakfast Club defiantly sitting in the back of detention type o' loner? Or when one goes to a bar and awkwardly feels like they don't fit in? Asking because of the multitude of reasons why people may be alone but not necessarily because they are a loner.

It's that distinct differentiation between "alone" and "lonely". Who defines who is a loner, ourselves or others>?

I don't feel lonely and I love to be alone. Doesn't mean I'm not a good person. Just a people hater. Like Judd Nelson. Ha. Just joking.

I find absolutely nothing wrong with "loners". I mean, as long as they aren't a serial killer in the making, they are almost always good people that are perhaps introverts and/or merely selective about their interactions with people.

I often travel alone and still sit at the bar and I'm perfectly content with that. Maybe throw out some friendly conversation to fellow patrons if I'm feeling social or drunk enough. But I don't feel like a loner. But it's okay to be alone. Embrace the freedom and peace. Who cares what everyone else thinks.

Not really sure what I meant there, I have scant memory of making the post. Thanks for the good response.

Got done with work early tonight, so I sorta got a three say weekend anyway. Now it's time to drink! Alone.

(I may have posted that after I paced the floor for twenty minutes reading aloud from my favorite novel. Again - my memory is blurred. Maybe instead of inhabiting the Solo drinker thread I should move to the blackout thread.)

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

A paid day off from work. Picked up a 12 pack of Budweiser from the liquor store.

The building next door was kind enough to shut off its HVAC unit this afternoon. (Their HVAC unit is right outside my bedroom window.) And I preordered the next Bukowski book, The Mathematics and the Breath of the Way. The guy's been dead for 24 years and we're still getting new material from him.

I hit the bars yesterday after getting my hair buzzed off. Hardly anybody even noticed. All that fretting for nothing. If I was ugly with long stringy hair before, I'm ten times uglier now with my Frankenstein forehead totally exposed.

There will be serious whiskey gulping after about nine or ten beers. I'm highly confident in my ability to not have a vomiting hangover tomorrow after all this drinking as of late. Was yesterday the last time I ever set foot in a bar? Is there any reason to go out there and join them again? Somebody enlighten me. This love/hate relationship with bars and people is confusing.

Where the fook are you guys?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Face down in the bumwine. The humid weather makes me feel, hmm feel, I dunno "plastered".
I got some stupid calls from my tenants when I was in a good drinking mood, now I just want to pass out. These people are so fucking retarded!

And how do we still get fresh Bukowski material? Did they find it just now? Someone`s cashing in on releasing it piece by piece?
Tupac Shakur strangely released more music after his death than during his lifetime. Call it ironic, I call it greedy assholes
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I wonder about fresh Bukowski material, too. The publisher of this latest book is City Lights, which I assume is related to the old famous bookstore run by Ferlinghetti. Bukowski used to submit stuff to Ferlinghetti even when Buk was signed with John Martin. (It was a cause of much angst for Martin.) So maybe this is stuff that Ferlinghetti has been sitting on all these years. Also, Buk had submitted hundreds of poems that he never heard from again. He would ask for them back, but got no response and as far as he knew, they were never printed or published.

He sat alone in his apartment drinking and writing. That is life's ultimate bliss.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Time to pour the bumwine. It's almost 4 P.M. and I've only had one meal, I should be able to get pretty hammered despite napping much of the day away. On Friday nights I can hear the thumping music and whooping drinkers in the bars at the end of the block. I feel as though I'm somehow superior to them as I drink in solitude. But, I feel like an ogre when I have to chase the occasional young couple out of my yard as they look for a private spot to have sex in. They usually end up on the narrow concrete walk behind my apartment. I don't have to say anything to them, they leave as soon as they hear my door open.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:55 pm
But, I feel like an ogre when I have to chase the occasional young couple out of my yard as they look for a private spot to have sex in. They usually end up on the narrow concrete walk behind my apartment. I don't have to say anything to them, they leave as soon as they hear my door open.

Oh I could think of a multitude of ways to scare them away....hmm....endless possibilities...
Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Charles Bukowski on being alone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcTxK9htfQM

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Don`t be hard on yourself.

Life sux and there are multiple ways out but you choose the stylish one: Drink.

Heads up my friend, drink down.
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Starting early today, since I have to be up early tomorrow. A marathon course is running through my neighborhood and most of the streets will be blocked off.

Since I have my blinds up today, is this really a solo drunk? I think as long as I reply with a growl or snarl to any chatty neighbors outside my window, it's still a solo event.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I just woke up Hand Solo,

I`m a robot: R-drunk-too-drunk
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Starting at 3 in the afternoon. Summer heat, fan on, blinds down. Got a novel in front of me that I will steal from later tonight when I start writing my own crappy stories.

Where the fook are you true lovers of the booze who drink alone?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:39 pm
Starting at 3 in the afternoon. Summer heat, fan on, blinds down. Got a novel in front of me that I will steal from later tonight when I start writing my own crappy stories.

Where the fook are you true lovers of the booze who drink alone?
I'm fooking here. I'm always the last "man" standing. I don't know if I should cry in my pillow or be proud. Hmm...

And I will snarl at anything outside. Don't go out there. There's people out there.
Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Solo drinking study number 1-1-1 How long does it take before getting drunk enough to order Grubhub? Answer - Three hours. I started drinking at 3 and ordered Grubhub at 6. Tomorrow I will write in my diary how I can never control myself when I get drunk - it doesn't matter if I'm in a bar starting shit, or sitting alone in my apartment ordering Grubhub. I will do something stupid. However - Grubhub is preferable to talking shit in a bar. Or going to bed with that horny mofo on the barstool next to you. so it ain't really all that bad.