Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Be glad you aren't on shitbook. I hate when people post about Trump and all these pictures of their children on their first day of school. Really...?

God I'm such an asshole.
Okole maluna!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Artful Detective wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:06 pm
Be glad you aren't on shitbook. I hate when people post about Trump and all these pictures of their children on their first day of school. Really...?

God I'm such an asshole.

I second that. And the baby pics! Fuck the baby pics!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Saturday night solo drinker checking in! Laundry done, belly full, freshly showered and clean clothes. Now it's time to drink! It's going to be a Vella Delicious Blush night.

There's no greater bliss than drinking at home alone after all the work has been done. Especially tonight - the doors and windows will be closed as I run the air conditioner, none of the outside noise will be able to reach me.

Where the fook are the rest of the solitaries?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Hugh wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:49 pm
Saturday night solo drinker checking in! Laundry done, belly full, freshly showered and clean clothes. Now it's time to drink! It's going to be a Vella Delicious Blush night.

There's no greater bliss than drinking at home alone after all the work has been done. Especially tonight - the doors and windows will be closed as I run the air conditioner, none of the outside noise will be able to reach me.

Where the fook are the rest of the solitaries?
I am here and unconditioned. Un-air conditioned?
Okole maluna!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Wife and granddaughter ensconced in their swadalings or bed clothes... or whatever. They are out and I am ready to get loaded
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Can`t go solo with a 12 pack of bumwine
Drink!

Boogie
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Boogie »

Drinking alone has a zen quality. I love watching movies or good tv and drinking. Plus the awesome benefit of not having to concern yourself with getting home, it’s cheaper than the bar, you control the music and its volume, and closing time is when you say it is.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Boogie wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:36 pm
, and closing time is when you say it is.
Sometimes the floor rushing up to greet me says when closing time is.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Sometimes when I roundhouse kick through a windshield often tells me when closing time is.
Okole maluna!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Closing time is between chugs form the bottle. In case I knock it over.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

BAHAHA! Was just googling "solitary drinking" and this site came up in the search results. It was an article - http://www.drunkard.com/the-zen-of-drinking-alone/

Yes drinking alone is good. The reason I stopped posting here was because I felt pressured to join the skype drinking. But maybe this place understands me after all. I'm even still logged in here after not being here in god knows how long. This site understands.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

From the article

"Drinking alone, on the other hand, is a much more pure and forthright form of imbibing, and I say that because it focuses entirely on the simple act of putting alcohol into your bloodstream. It tosses aside all the halfhearted pretensions about merely using alcohol as a social tool. It gets down to what drinking is all about: getting loaded, and by doing that, getting down to the inner you. The inner joy, the inner madness, the subconscious you, the real you."

Yes, Frank Rich, you get it.

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:29 pm
...The reason I stopped posting here was because I felt pressured to join the skype drinking...
Hugh, Please accept my apology for any pressure that I, or any of the other regular Skypers, may have applied. This board is here to share stories, ideas, thoughts, and information. It really is a neat little community of like-minded individuals. If it matters at all, the invitation to join a skype session is only extended to people we like. And declining the offer is okay.

Skype is not neccessary, nor is it required.

Personally, I'm glad you are here and I enjoy reading your posts.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

^^^ Yeah we are family, skype or no skype
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Hugh wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:29 pm
BAHAHA! Was just googling "solitary drinking" and this site came up in the search results. It was an article - http://www.drunkard.com/the-zen-of-drinking-alone/

Yes drinking alone is good. The reason I stopped posting here was because I felt pressured to join the skype drinking. But maybe this place understands me after all. I'm even still logged in here after not being here in god knows how long. This site understands.
Dear Hugh:
A. Yes drinking alone is good. Always good.
B. DO NOT stop posting anywhere on the board because of Dear Booze and his Skype bullying and underlying threat of forced prostitution. Rest assured we will never let him kidnap you and throw you into the back of his banged up and fender-less Coupe Deville to take you god knows where. (the desert). ***
C. Yes this place totally understands you.
D. Yes this site understands.

It's all good Hugh. It's all good. Let's have some stupid fun. Cheers! We are glad you are here!

***Let it be known that it has never been confirmed that DB has actually taken anyone against their will in his BMW, Coupe Deville, Escalade, and assorted other trailers and vehicles for sexual pleasures, nor forced anyone into sexual slavery, nor into the desert, nor to drink Jose Cuervo pre-mixed margaritas out of the glass handle, and what have you. His heartfelt apology should be legit enough to confirm this.
Okole maluna!