Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by Hugh »

Holy fuck. it's almost 4 in the morning. The bar opens in three hours. I could show up at a bar at 7 in the morning already drunk off my ass. what a poem that would make.

Thanks for drinking with my ugly ass, nausea. I did a consultation with a plastic surgeon today. He said his staff would get back to me with the price. But they didn't. Maybe they just said he's too fucking ugly to save. I'll wait.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Now we all want to see
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Air conditioner on full blast and it's still 84 degrees in here.

See what, Oett? My face? The surgeon's office still hasn't got back to me. Are they seriously blowing me off? I guess I'll call them Monday or Tuesday.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

the TV antenna kept falling down so i disconnected it. the only time the tv is on is when i need noise to wake me up from a nap. what should i do with this thing? TVs seem like a thing that every household should have. but i don't watch it anymore. Which is funny because back in the early 1990s i was a tv addict. Fuck this tv set. has anybody here ever thrown away their tv?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:28 pm
the TV antenna kept falling down so i disconnected it. the only time the tv is on is when i need noise to wake me up from a nap. what should i do with this thing? TVs seem like a thing that every household should have. but i don't watch it anymore. Which is funny because back in the early 1990s i was a tv addict. Fuck this tv set. has anybody here ever thrown away their tv?
Not yet, but close to it. Watching TV is hot garbage, I mean if you`re entertained watching your brain rot away on live camera this is the thing to do
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:28 pm
...Fuck this tv set...
Seriously. Just fuck it.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Gilligan's Island reruns. I mean who would have thought they'd bring so much shit on a tiny ship for a 3 hour tour.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Jesus, It's the annual rock festival, but I ain't going outside until the damn weather settles. 32 Celsius on the balcony. And it's not even in the sun.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Bur wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:42 am
Jesus, It's the annual rock festival, but I ain't going outside until the damn weather settles. 32 Celsius on the balcony. And it's not even in the sun.
The one in walking distance from your home?

Yeah go at night, sounds like collapse-weather
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Bur wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:42 am
Well? How did the show go?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Doors open, windows open, fan blowing, it is hot as hell tonight. But the Franzia is pouring and I've even written a poem or two.

My doctor's office finally got back to me and I was able to get a surgery scheduled for Monday morning. It will cost me $3900. I gladly paid it knowing i will get minimum improvement on this ugly fucking face. Because any amount of improvement is worth it. You know how everyone thinks that everybody should serve in the military? Well I think everyone should have a pockmarked fucking face. Then you will know what it is really like to be a piece of shit.

Anyway, drink it down. I'll be recovering from surgery with multiple boxes of Franzia over the next week. So expect to be ignoring a lot of stupid posts from me in the solo drinking thread.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

oettinger - i just searched your posts and i think you deleted one. I remember a post where you said you had a drink of wine and vodka. Is that right? where is it? That's the drink of people who drink to forget.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

this is the big weekend where I live. The San Diego gay pride parade and festival. Not only do I live in San Diego, I live in the gayborhood, hillcrest. Not only that, I'm on the same block as the most popular gay club in the city - Urban Mo's. there are portapotties up and down the block and the music is thumping and the people are whooping. I used to be a part of it years ago. Every Saturday morning my answering machine, and then later my voice mail, would be full of messages from people inviting me to join them in all the parties going on. Now I just sit here, an ugly old man, hoping that these young fucking queers will behave themselves and not piss/shit/fuck/pass out on my lawn. I want to go back to my younger days. When everything was fun and carefree. Bah! Fuck it. I got my laptop and the solo drinking thread. Time to pour another Franzia.

Bur

Post by Bur »

Hugh, it's not the bands (tickets cost like 200+ easy for the weekend pass) it's the thing that this city basically doubles it's population for the weekend and triplequadxtruples the amount of drunk people around. Living close to the festival area I can't go outside to buy a cigarette pack without dodging people who are on god knows what and and hooching.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Bur wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:25 pm
Hugh, it's not the bands (tickets cost like 200+ easy for the weekend pass) it's the thing that this city basically doubles it's population for the weekend and triplequadxtruples the amount of drunk people around. Living close to the festival area I can't go outside to buy a cigarette pack without dodging people who are on god knows what and and hooching.
BAHAHAHA! Holy shit - you and I are in the same situation tonight!