Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by Bur »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:32 am
Never deleted any posts, vodka n bumwine is a real thing
But is bumvodkawine a thing? Arian hammer, I'd call it.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:36 pm
it's Gay Pride day in my city, it used to be my favorite holiday. I used to be able to join in on all the fun. Over the years I got older and uglier and now I stay at home and listen to all of the partying going on all around me. Tonight the piano player at a lounge i used to go to posted a live video on facebook and I watched for a few minutes and made a comment thanking him for his video. He even said hi to me on the live video when he saw I was online, but then he shut it off. He must have shut it off because I commented. I should have just kept my mouth shut. Fuck I can't do anything right.
Like skype almost, Drunk Power!
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:36 pm
I should have just kept my mouth shut. Fuck I can't do anything right.
You are too hard on yourself, my friend. Expressing gratitude is just fine.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

tomorrow is the big day. Surgery on this cratered face. It's going to be a fat transfer (from my abdomen into the hollows of my cheeks) and then a dermabrasion. It's costing me $3900. And I'll very likely have to do it again in a few months. But so what? What else should I spend my money on? If this shit works I'm going to walk back into my old favorite bars and see if anybody notices. It'll feel good to take away from them the right they have to be disgusted by my face. I have to cut myself off at midnight, the surgery is at 9:30 tomorrow morning. Fuck I hope it works!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:41 pm
tomorrow is the big day. Surgery on this cratered face. It's going to be a fat transfer (from my abdomen into the hollows of my cheeks) and then a dermabrasion. It's costing me $3900. And I'll very likely have to do it again in a few months. But so what? What else should I spend my money on? If this shit works I'm going to walk back into my old favorite bars and see if anybody notices. It'll feel good to take away from them the right they have to be disgusted by my face. I have to cut myself off at midnight, the surgery is at 9:30 tomorrow morning. Fuck I hope it works!
Good luck to you, Hugh. I'll be thinking of you at 9:30 in the morning.
DRINK!

Bur

Post by Bur »

Eh, hope shit worked out for you Hugh.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Yes sending you positive thoughts and speedy recovery. You will feel like a new person and greater confidence no doubt!
Okole maluna!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Speedy recovery and how did it go?

Also you are far to hard on yourself. If William Dafoe can get ass as a gay FBI agent in Boondock Saints there is hope for all gay men. There I said it.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Patchez wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:37 am
Speedy recovery and how did it go?

Also you are far to hard on yourself. If William Dafoe can get ass as a gay FBI agent in Boondock Saints there is hope for all gay men. There I said it.
There ya go.
Hugh, may your pockets soon and forever overflow with dick, so much that you'll be turning them away at every step and shutting the windows down on them.

So, you can't move your face now or suck on a straw, Doc must have you on good meds?

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Bandages off today, my face actually looks grotesque from the swelling and dried blood. The doctor wrote me a note to take another week off from work, but I wonder what the repercussions will be. I texted my supervisor that I need another week of and he hasn't answered yet.

The surgeon actually did a face lift to stretch the skin more and he didn't charge me for it. I wonder if he planned on doing that all along. The morning of the surgery he came into the prep room and asked how I'd feel about getting the skin pulled back again, and I said yes. I think he might have some sympathy for me since I'm just an ugly working class schmuck trying to correct a deformity. His typical patients are probably models, etc.

I still have 9 more doses of antibiotics to take, I wonder if it's okay to have a drink now?

I never told anyone, on line or in real life, about having this surgery. I wanted to keep it quiet. Except for here. I don't know why, but it seems as if drinkers have a genuine sympathy for their fellow humans. Thanks everybody for the well wishes.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Hope things get better Hugh. See? I spelled your name right this time!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Poured that first drink a few minutes ago, antibiotics be damned. I needed the wine for a laxative anyway. It's good to be out of the bedroom with wine and a book. A few more weeks for this swelling to go down and I'm going to hit the bars. Oddly enough, by coincidence today, one of my bartenders texted me to see how I'm doing because he hasn't seen me in so long. I didn't tell him about the surgery, he'll be the first to see my new face, I wonder if he'll notice. But for now it is solo drinking.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Drinking on antibiotics is fun!
Atleast it is for me.
The alcohol will help with the healing, as it delutes your blood and helps get the healthy stuff in your blood to the wounds quicker!
Did your doc scream in agony when he saw his undoing or was he pleasantly surprised?
Do you have to replace all the pics in your ids and licenses now?
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:48 am
Drinking on antibiotics is fun!
Atleast it is for me.
The alcohol will help with the healing, as it delutes your blood and helps get the healthy stuff in your blood to the wounds quicker!
I've found that it reduces scarring when you rub it into the wound. Alcohol is amazing for all the wonderful things it can do! Cures blindness the same way.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Eat a lot of yogurt. It keeps away the squirts that antibiotics can give you.