Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by Hugh »

Beautiful day here - thick clouds overhead blocking the sun and I have half of my windows closed, the other half will be closed soon. The neighbors are being quiet enough that I can't hear them at all, it's almost like I have my own home. And when I tugged up on the Franzia spout the box did not lift a single millimeter, indicating that there is enough wine to get me through the night.

Finding this little apartment was one of the luckiest things that ever happened - it's a single story building with no one above or below me. I can drink in peace. (You don't want to be my upstairs neighbor when I'm drunk and think you've made too much noise. Fortunately, at my last building, the upstairs neighbors were such scumbags the police didn't care if they alleged that I battered them, although they did warn me that I had better cool it.) The landlord didn't even believe them when they told him that it was me that ripped their screen door off its hinges. The looks on their faces as they were being attacked by a big ugly tranny was precious.

To solo drinking! And to cops who don't arrest us!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:47 pm
To solo drinking! And to cops who don't arrest us!
This is something I can definitely cheers to!
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

gede wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:28 am
Never had Alka Seltzer but fully agree w/r/t drinking alone, Hugh. Always much worse for wear after having drunk in company; the stress of having to manage oneself and maintain some semblance of functionality just adds another layer to the physical and mental insult of a heavy session.
Nailed it. Plus, no pants. Bonus, the music is always just exactly what I wanted to blast.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Well my neighbour allegedly freaked out last weekend. I was passed out dead but the skype call was still running and annoyed the hell out off him. Connie was nice enough to kill it after an hour of screaming. No cops showed up though, or atleast they didn`t manage to wake me up
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

You guys scream on skype??? When it gets really bad, do you punch your screens? Sounds like you guys need a skype bouncer.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Saturday night solo drinking!

The Franzia box declares that it contains 34 glasses of wine. If you believe that tripe, then you believe I drink a little over 17 glasses per solo drinking episode.

(When I was hospitalized earlier this year to have my guts put back on the other side of my abdominal wall, some of the questions I had to endure were about drug/alcohol use. When the nurse asked if I ever drank more than 5 drinks in one sitting, I said, "Maybe. I don't really keep count.")

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

There's been a crackhead yelling all day out in the alley. Right next to him is a passed out drunk sleeping amongst his own rubbish. How can someone sleep like that with a deranged crackhead screaming nonstop for hours? I'm running short of patience with Mr. Crackhead from my side of the wall.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:36 pm

The Franzia box declares that it contains 34 glasses of wine. If you believe that tripe, then you believe I drink a little over 17 glasses per solo drinking episode.
Lame, try the other 17 and we might be friends
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:56 pm
There's been a crackhead yelling all day out in the alley. Right next to him is a passed out drunk sleeping amongst his own rubbish. How can someone sleep like that with a deranged crackhead screaming nonstop for hours? I'm running short of patience with Mr. Crackhead from my side of the wall.
Omfg! I think we`re neighbours! Look out the window, that`s me
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Hmm. Maybe that was your skype I heard, not Mr. Crackhead.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Ha! Or Roger Taylor`s drumming
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Someone just posted one of the pics on Facebook that shows a guy holding up a sign that says, "Four years clean and undrunk. Can I get a like?"

Some people think I'm being funny when I make anti-AA remarks, or anti-rehab remarks, but I'm serious. These groups, or organizations, that tell people that they must stop drinking and never drink again, are lying sacks of shit. Especially AA who tells its members to turn their will over to a higher power, and then says, with a straight face, that it is not a religious organization.

If you're getting into trouble because you drank too much, it doesn't mean you become a teetotaler. That just makes you feel like a loser because you will want to drink again, and of course you will drink again. But it does mean that you need to stop acting like an idiot and get you shit handled so that you can enjoy drinking without your employer, or bill collectors, or cops coming after you. I've been to the point where I fucked up a lot of shit because I drank too long and too much. But I would never join some group that tells me I can never drink again. It's as simple as handling any other fuckup, you fix it and move on. Don't lie to yourself, or lie to a drug/alcohol counselor, that you want to stop drinking. Just quit fucking up and then get back to what you love, which is your booze.

And for god's sake, don't post self righteous selfies on Facebook about how long you've been clean and undrunk. You are basically telling me that I'm dirty. And in a drunken state I might just punch your motherfucking lights out, you clean and undrunk prick.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Heh, I like the unannounced auto correct of S O B E R to undrunk.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

^^^ reason #234 why I`m not on drybook

these people don`t even deserve regocnition, you can spent your drunk time better than reading their crap
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:00 pm
Heh, I like the unannounced auto correct of S O B E R to undrunk.
Yeah that`s funny, it also turns "blood" into "wine"

Aww shit, no it doesn`t. But Frank was never really god and Palinka was never Jesusbaby
Drink!