Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I've had the misfortune to drink a 50/50 mix of TJD and Mad Dog 20/20. I was told that it's called a wapatula.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

I tried making my wife a sangria using cheap white desert wine and fruit cups. I know right, but hell, she's drinking it. Shit, I might go up there and get some too.

It's not great, but it's not bad either.

Whatever the case, the container we're holding it in is leaking, so we have to kill this thing by this weekend.

In the meantime, in between time, i have the old regular: Bulleit Rye. She's treating me rather well.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Made it to the end of another fucked up workweek. Stopped of at the liquor store for a six pack of Hamm's and a fifth of Ancient Age. Oh, and dinner, too. A bag of Doritos and a Slim Jim. I didn't bother to shower - I'm reclining on the couch with my beer and whiskey within easy reach on the coffee table. Tired as hell! I was rousted out of bed at 6 AM by a flash bang grenade tossed by a camo-wearing sheriff's deputy. No, not in my apartment, but one across the street. My neighbor and I went over there to see if we could see what was going on, but camo-sheriff told us to back off. It was a little apartment on top of a garage set back from the street. The garage door appeared to have been torn off. I love my neighborhood.

There were no hobos asking for spare change outside the liquor store tonight. Did the sunrise raid scare them all away?

I check my Facebook first thing when I get home at night. There are usually one or two notifications on the bell, usually from lit pages that I follow. But tonight there were SIXTEEN FUCKING NOTIFICATIONS there. Some friend of a friend went through all of my old posts and photos, some from years back, liking and reacting to various ones. I'm grateful she didn't send a friend request. It kind of creeped me out.

You know, half the fun of picking up a six pack at the liquor store at the end of the week is listening to the banter of the hobos out front. Maybe they think the area is too hot for loitering right now. No doubt they'll be back next week.

I felt the concussion from the flash-bang grenade from all the way across the street - and it set off the alarms of every car parked on the block. I have no doubt that those things would kill a person if they exploded right next to them.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Those cops couldn`t have waited another hour? Damn
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

That is one fucked sounding neighborhood. Grenades first thing in the morning. Some people have no common sense.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Been craving Kessler's all day. Not sure why - it's too hot to be drinking whiskey neat. But I need to get fucked up, and after three consecutive days of drinking my tolerance is too high. Beer or wine won't cut it tonight. It's gotta be whiskey.

Look at that label. Doesn't it look like it's designed to suck you in? I was able to work at a quick pace and get done early tonight by keeping that image in my mind. Maybe that would be a good topic to start - attractive booze labels.

FIVE WEEKENDS IN A ROW. I've gone out to the bars five weekends in a row. I haven't been this much of a barfly in years. It's become a habit again. I'm going to have to break it again. And Kessler's is gonna help me do just that, starting tonight. Solo drinking with a bottle of whiskey. This is how to enjoy life.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I've never heard of Kessler. I'll have to look for it. As for flash bang grenades, I've heard those too when I used to live in the City. They raided this apartment for drug dealing. It was at the end of the block but still pretty loud. Cops busted out windows in the apartment too. It's was the fault of Dudes that lived there. They made their drug dealing so obvious that a blind man could tell what they were doing. Fortunately, it was late morning though, so I was already awake . But I'm betting the drug dealers weren't!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:06 pm
Maybe that would be a good topic to start - attractive booze labels.
Bottle art thread.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Sammy wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:54 am
I've never heard of Kessler. I'll have to look for it. As for flash bang grenades, I've heard those too when I used to live in the City. They raided this apartment for drug dealing. It was at the end of the block but still pretty loud. Cops busted out windows in the apartment too. It's was the fault of Dudes that lived there. They made their drug dealing so obvious that a blind man could tell what they were doing. Fortunately, it was late morning though, so I was already awake . But I'm betting the drug dealers weren't!
Ha! Someone read the urban spaceman posts
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I saw some Kessler at the liquor store a few days ago. $19.99 a handle, $4 less than Old Crow. More bang for your buck.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I had to go to the bar again on Friday. The bartender had told me earlier in the week that she was going to bring me a bag of swag shirts - shirts that had been given to the bar employees with name brand booze logos on them. So I dutifully showed up, but she forgot the bag. As far as I'm concerned, I met my obligation and I have no plan to go back next Friday. I've had way too much of bars. I even pulled another "Hugh" in a different bar later that day, but it wasn't completely my fault so I don't feel too bad about it.

Back to me in the booze all alone in my room. Write a couple of shit-ass poems and then go to bed. Image

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Why do I keep calling it "Kessler's"? It's like those dolts that call it Walmarts.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Scream Ale - is that avatar the painting called The Jolly Toper?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Nausea wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:02 pm
Hugh wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:06 pm
Maybe that would be a good topic to start - attractive booze labels.
Bottle art thread.
Those are some fancy looking labels, there.

That Kessler label looks like something you would find in a saloon made of plank wood somewhere in the Arizona/New Mexico desert.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:33 pm
Scream Ale - is that avatar the painting called The Jolly Toper?
The avatar is a painting called "The Old Drinker". I saw it in a book called "Drink" by Iain Gately. I needed something equally classy to go with the Al Bundy signature.