Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

strugglebunny
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Drinking alone.

Post by strugglebunny »

Sadly, same here.

I need to stop being so introverted and make some friends.
Lager makes me happy. Vodka makes me mean. I'm a heavy metal, drinking, driving, alcohol machine. --"Drink Till I Die" Bad News

Judge

Post by Judge »

Yep. It's the best. For all you solo pounders:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysXMAOgEIq4

And read some of the asshole comments below the vid. Fuck those guys.

I will now resume watching the playoffs with the rest of this 30 pack.

Alone.

Slainte.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

strugglebunny
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by strugglebunny »

Judge wrote:Yep. It's the best. For all you solo pounders:

Alone.

Slainte.
Not only does he drink alone, he also smokes at gas stations. Pretty badass.
Lager makes me happy. Vodka makes me mean. I'm a heavy metal, drinking, driving, alcohol machine. --"Drink Till I Die" Bad News

Judge

Post by Judge »

strugglebunny wrote:
Judge wrote:Yep. It's the best. For all you solo pounders:

Alone.

Slainte.
Not only does he drink alone, he also smokes at gas stations. Pretty badass.
Yep, in a real '80's kind of way. I'll bet he even uses a cell phone at gas pumps these days as well.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

I'd sooner drink alone than with people than annoy me. I don't mind drinking by myself, but I also appreciate the community of drinking with friends or like minded people. I love the feeling you get in some bars late at night when it's as if everyone is your friend. There's nothing like that moment when the bar becomes a singular entity and everyone is feels like they completely understand everyone else in the room.

Of course, I've had plenty of nice evenings reading or watching a movie with myself and bottle of bourbon.....there's nothing wrong with drinking alone, if you don't do it you aren't really a true drunkard, in my book.

ChiliDawg
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by ChiliDawg »

I am my best drinking companion, these days. I have to say, I'm a pretty cool guy to drink with. My pours are strong, I don't question myself when I chug that beer, that I just snagged from the High-Life 30. Yep, I'm a good drinkin' buddy!

Get to know me! (lovitz)

strugglebunny
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by strugglebunny »

ChiliDawg wrote:I am my best drinking companion, these days. I have to say, I'm a pretty cool guy to drink with. My pours are strong, I don't question myself when I chug that beer, that I just snagged from the High-Life 30. Yep, I'm a good drinkin' buddy!

Get to know me! (lovitz)
Yeah. Most weekend warriors can't hang with me when it comes to drinking, so I usually end up by myself one way or the other anyways.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

If I want drinkin company I'll go to a buddies house (only on the weekends) and drink ewith them until their wife starts to bitch or their head starts to nod. Then I come home, and since my dog died, I'm here drinkin alone (turtles dont count they aint companions). Then I get on here with you fucks

Sometimes I'll walk over to the bar
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

strugglebunny
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by strugglebunny »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:If I want drinkin company I'll go to a buddies house (only on the weekends) and drink ewith them until their wife starts to bitch or their head starts to nod. Then I come home, and since my dog died, I'm here drinkin alone (turtles dont count they aint companions). Then I get on here with you fucks

If you think a turtle's bad, try a cat.

I was thinking about hitting the bar because I have to drop off a Japanese book for one of the bartenders there anyways, but I get depressed because I usually just drink (heavily) by myself and waste a lot of money for the privilege.

Artie2002
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Artie2002 »

Damn dogs can't keep up with me.

Light weights!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

C'mon man, turtles don't do shit. and if they do it's really slow.

and the bar should pay off to be there - mine is right next door so if I wanna r4ealy get drunk I can excuse myself for a minute and go home, do a couple shots and chug a couple brews, and head back in before my beer is warm.
Downside is I'm l;ike the smartest one in there (which is pretty bad) so the conversation is ....
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Cliffie S. Bockerson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Cliffie S. Bockerson »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:If I want drinkin company I'll go to a buddies house (only on the weekends) and drink ewith them until their wife starts to bitch or their head starts to nod. Then I come home, and since my dog died, I'm here drinkin alone (turtles dont count they aint companions). Then I get on here with you fucks

Sorry your pal died, Thirsty. Dogs are some of the best drinking buddies out there. I can think of 3 dogs, in fact, that are some of the six best people I've ever known. It ain't a long list, but the Cliffie Trusts These Beings Absolutely and Is Always Happy to See Them list is half dog.
"Nossir. Even in my worst delirium I never interfered with the flow of traffic. I never drank any hair tonic, either."

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Sometimes I think drinking alone becomes over-rated around here. I'm afraid it's possible for people to fall into a rut and get too comfortable with it.

Don't get me wrong- there's nothing at all wrong with drinking alone. I do it all the time. But I think one of the best things about drinking is that it aids in adventure. The feeling of leaving your place in the evening and not knowing where you're going to wake up the next morning is great. And the recipe for adventure is booze + being out and about + other drunk people.

Drinking can help you tear down barriers (sometimes physically) and step out of your comfort zone. The most significant personal growth comes while outside the comfort zone. This is why I think the 40 Things Every Drunkard Should Do list includes things like dancing like a fool in front of a large hooting crowd and buying an attractive stranger out of your league a drink. Almost everything on the list involves other people. Drinking is a great social tool, and even just drinking with one other person seems to change the experience entirely.

Swede
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Swede »

I'd have to make a point that drinking alone isn't bad, it sure as hell beats drinking with the wrong people but still, drinking with the right company is simply the best...

I myself have ended up in a life without many friends, out of which I'd call none a good friend. I only drink at home and since my wife is pretty anti-social we don't have people over .. much, pretty much at all. So I drink with her and it turns out she's bad company so the best drinking at the moment is when she's working weekend nights. Pretty pathetic but that's how it is.

If there's no alternative, drinking alone is just fine.

I got to say that it would be nice to have a pub I could go to, but there's none in this city...

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

There's nothing wrong with drinking alone - so long as you're comfortable with yourself (and let the monkey out).

The video is cool.

I think turtles would be pretty chilled out companions. I have a little hamster, but he tends to get a bit agitated - I would rather a more relaxed pet.
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions