Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by Hugh »

Well AD? What have you scribbled in your journal so far tonight?

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

I ran out of weed due to poor planning, so I'm drinking more to make up for it. Hanging out by myself, listening to music and shitposting tonight.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

Artful Detective wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:19 pm
Fabricsoftner wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:49 pm
Patchez wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:42 pm

I think you just haven't found the right home bar yet. You find a good divey local and get to know everyone of the regulars they are usually ok with going off the "deep end" as long as it doesn't involve ritual sacrifice. The really great bars let you stay after hours for that.
I don't have anything against the local. I visit mine every once in a while when I'm not being a total recluse.

But again, it's like I said about it being practical. Why pay $6+ a glass when I can spend $12 for a fifth? If you're in the mood to socialize, fine, but most of the time I'm not.
This is me always at bars unless I'm with friends. The socializing part...meh. I don't want to have to try.

I'm with you for the most part. Avoiding socializing is my natural inclination. That being said, the most fun and sporadic stuff happens on the odd night you do decide to go out. A few months ago, I stopped at my local with the intent of ordering food to eat at home, but ended up arguing with some dude about music, and getting invited to this girls apartment where she made me mac & cheese and I played with her pet hedgehog.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

That's the spirit of going out for me. Letting the booze play will-o-the-wisps and chasing it toward all sorts of drunken adventures. Though this is something I do less of these days. My wife worries. I try to explain that God watches out for fools and drunkards so I'm doubly safe. She still worries.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Just went across the street to the liquor store (Del Mission Liquor) to get my dinner - two Slim Jims. It was $2.57. This is one of the good liquor stores - the kind that has the latest lottery prize amounts in digital LED lights in the window right next to the WESTERN UNION sign. And the hobos out front. Although there was only one hobo tonight, and he or she didn't even ask me for spare change. Anyway, I'm not nutritionally stupid, so I ate a can of Van Camps Pork & Beans with my two Slim Jims.

Howcome there isn't that little chunk of pork fat in the Pork & Beans anymore?

Goddamb, this vodka is terrible. I'm going back to whiskey.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:18 pm
Artful Detective wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:08 pm
Hugh wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:00 pm
Friday night Solo crew checking in! Just took my first sip of vodka, the bottle has been in the freezer all week waiting for tonight. I ate a whole can of fried corned beef hash to blunt the absorption. I plan on staying up until at least 2 A.M. writing poetry. Perhaps this vodka is just the trick I need to make my poetry irresistible to editors.

Sounds like my typical weeknight. Maybe substituting Vienna Sausage in a can but yeah I'll be here man. With my vodka and journal in hand.
You write in your journal when drunk? What's your typical journal entry look like during a night of drinking?
A salacious autobiography of my drunken expeditions. I tell ya... Liz Taylor would be jealous of the tawdriness!

No but for real. Usually it entails a venting of sorts usually involving a pathetic regurgitation of my current sad state of affairs or funny quotations from our fellow drunkard friends.

Pretty much anything I have written on the board sums up my journals haha. Sadly most of the time I can't even read my own writing.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Fabricsoftner wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:30 pm
I ran out of weed due to poor planning, so I'm drinking more to make up for it. Hanging out by myself, listening to music and shitposting tonight.
Again...sounds like a typical night for me. Tonight included. We would get along just fine.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Patchez wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:44 pm
That's the spirit of going out for me. Letting the booze play will-o-the-wisps and chasing it toward all sorts of drunken adventures. Though this is something I do less of these days. My wife worries. I try to explain that God watches out for fools and drunkards so I'm doubly safe. She still worries.
Patchez you always have such a lovely play on words. Can you please also knit or embroider Dear Booze and I something that includes "will-o-the-wisp" on it and / or "God watches out for fools and drunkards" please? Pretty please? I'll buy ya some Mellow Corn!
Okole maluna!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Artful Detective wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:09 am
Patchez wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:44 pm
Patchez you always have such a lovely play on words. Can you please also knit or embroider Dear Booze and I something that includes "will-o-the-wisp" on it and / or "God watches out for fools and drunkards" please? Pretty please? I'll buy ya some Mellow Corn!
While I can sometime wax poetic I can't stich worth a tuppenny fuck.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Hugh wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:56 pm
Just went across the street to the liquor store (Del Mission Liquor) to get my dinner - two Slim Jims. It was $2.57. This is one of the good liquor stores - the kind that has the latest lottery prize amounts in digital LED lights in the window right next to the WESTERN UNION sign. And the hobos out front. Although there was only one hobo tonight, and he or she didn't even ask me for spare change. Anyway, I'm not nutritionally stupid, so I ate a can of Van Camps Pork & Beans with my two Slim Jims.

Howcome there isn't that little chunk of pork fat in the Pork & Beans anymore?

Goddamb, this vodka is terrible. I'm going back to whiskey.
First off, Slim Jims are one of my favorite things. I actually order the $29.99 Costco lifetime supply size box off of Amazon to keep in my office and that is usually my lunch when at work. Yea!

Van Camps B.W.'s sucks. But ask me if I have any in my kitchen? Of course I do.
You have to add "fresh" cut up hot dogs to it to really kick it up a notch. The Bush's baked beans with bacon in it is pretty good but sorta costly. As far as delicious canned foods go. I mean, why not splurge from time to time?

My drunken go-to at the gas station where I sometimes get "dinner" is either a corn dog or those hot dogs that are steamed to perfection just like the ball park ones. Damn I don't know why but they are always so good! And of course the nachos with the liquid cheese. I would be a really awesome date.

My vodka is terrible too. But I'm still drinkin' it! Cheers!
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Sammy wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:33 pm

The fact is, when you get older, and I'm 58, your circle of friends becomes very small.
I`m only five years old and lost good friends to marriage. They are sprawled accros the whole country. My best friend from back in the days, you know, the whole drunk carreer: kindergarten, drinking, going to festivals, all together, now has one of these green eco wifes. The ones that carry the newly borns in front of their ugly mugs in a rubbish bag to show children how shit life can be. Hipster bitch! Everytime I call this guy it`s either a child or her screaming. HORRIBLE
Hugh wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:54 pm
Ever seen a vomit rorschach test?
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Hugh wrote:
Wow how nice of you to ask. Unfortunately nothing profound. I wrote about my shattastic week as I drowned my sorrows in booze. But more to come!
Okole maluna!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Artful Detective wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:13 pm
Hugh wrote:
Wow how nice of you to ask. Unfortunately nothing profound. I wrote about my shattastic week as I drowned my sorrows in booze. But more to come!
I pray that that which is about to come will be amazeballs.
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:21 pm
Artful Detective wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:13 pm
Hugh wrote:
I pray that that which is about to come will be amazeballs.
Total AMAZEBALLZ!
Okole maluna!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

!

Post by RIPT2.0 »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:13 am

I`m only five years old and lost good friends to marriage.
I'm hoping there's another digit in there somewhere!