Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Wanderlife
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Drinking alone.

Post by Wanderlife »

strugglebunny wrote:A case of PBR in the fridge, all the roommates are gone, and I'm in a lazy mood. Fuck the world, I'm drinking alone.
yea

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Drinking alone.

Post by Savage »

The worst thing is, when you realize that your drinking buddy has been in an alcoholic blackout for quite a while. So, your long soul-baring story (the one that took you years to get up the courage to spill) has fallen on booze-deafened ears, well what can you do, but drink?
like tears in rain

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Re: Solo Drinking

Post by beerkegbilly »

I always drink solo the best company my bubs

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Drinking Alone

Post by Savage »

Great thoughts occur: please have a pen and paper.
When the doorbell rings or the phone chimes, ignore. Unless you are expecting a package. Which you probably ordered during that last drunk binge.
Try to remember to eat something, which means you should have made something the night before.
If you were supposed to be somewhere today, fuck that. It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
Do make sure that you are wearing something decent enough to answer the door in, since you might get a care package, or somesuch. Somebody, somewhere, loves you. Maybe.
Oh yeah, and even if you don't shower, (because it's like, Winter, man, and you haven't sweated since Halloween) brush your teeth, and comb your hair, unless you want to look like Dr. Emmett Brown.
Remember that Jesus loves you, even if you are an asshole.
Oh, and that music? The neighbors really do not want to hear selections from Rhino's Have a Nice Day played at 11. Try Vivaldi. All the seasons. Then Holst. Yeah. Make the dogs howl.
like tears in rain

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Drinking Alone

Post by Mr. Viking »

It has been too long since I did this. Work sucks. I get two days a week I can get properly arse before head drunk, and only saturday where I can take the full day. Then I end up having to get the car serviced or some other such shit. This may need some planning, I think I shall order a cask of beer from the local brewery, their strongest one, in advance
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Savage wrote: If you were supposed to be somewhere today, fuck that. It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
I will use this. It'll be my Ides of March resolution. Thank you Lady

DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Savage wrote:brush your teeth, and comb your hair
I`ll even use deodorant.
When entering reality after a week long bender, you`ll not be scared away by your mirror image resembling a zombie and the accompanying smell of it
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

As always, The Magazine got here first with the beautiful article, "The Zen of Drinking Alone".

Read it and then get in touch with your inner-monkey.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I remember reading through all that stuff that`s online. But remembering it? Got me thinking Palinka has a hidden index of contents or such.
But upon further investigation I just now found the search button, typed "alone" and... hey it works
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

oettinger wrote:...Got me thinking Palinka has a hidden index of. ontents or such...
I am The Board historian and have a strange, encyclopedic memory for Modern Drunkard stuff (just don't ask me what I was doing more than two hours ago).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Palinka wrote:As always, The Magazine got here first with the beautiful article, "The Zen of Drinking Alone".
Of course he did. Thanks for the reminder. Also, I forgot about the dancing. Dance when drinking alone. But not on the stairs. It's a long way down, and those little scooters the stores have for the handicapped are not as much fun as they look.
like tears in rain

AmericanDrinker
Tippler
Tippler

Post by AmericanDrinker »

Palinka wrote:As always, The Magazine got here first with the beautiful article, "The Zen of Drinking Alone".

Sorry for bumping such a late post, but: After reading this post (1:40am, drinking for 2 hours now)...
I feel so much happier that I'm not alone. I knew people drank for the sake of drinking: But I've never seen so many REAL people!

This looks like an awesome forum. I hope there's room for AMERICAN (Texan!) drinkers? :)

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

AmericanDrinker wrote:

Sorry for bumping such a late post, but: After reading this post (1:40am, drinking for 2 hours now)...
I feel so much happier that I'm not alone. I knew people drank for the sake of drinking: But I've never seen so many REAL people!

This looks like an awesome forum. I hope there's room for AMERICAN (Texan!) drinkers? :)

Welcome aboard you young Texan.

Well met.

Here:

We have no Nationality, no Race, no differences other than one single thing:

dry or DRINK!

Cheers!
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Drinking alone is one of the purest most simple joys of life.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

Indeed