Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Drinking Alone

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

That's what he gets for drinking milk. Had it been a bottle of Oban, he'd have survived that...
<insert something profound here>

Finn
Souse
Souse

Post by Finn »

I am drinking alone right now. It f*cking rules! I can decide what music i want to listen to and i can get fall on my ass drunk without having to worry about how i will get home, because im already at home. Im drinking a finnish beer called Karjala. Im low on funds right now and it was the cheapest alternative. But its ok really, i like lots of different beers. Karjala included. Party on people!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Me, too.

Our group got back here, stuffed into a taxicab like we were clowns. Now I'm the only one up, ever since drunk meself a bit undrunk. But food will make me sleepy. In a bit

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:...food...
This curious word you use, what kind of drink is this?

I think I get it. Food must be the Penobscot word for a Bloody Mary.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I think it's habitual,

the food thing, that is. When I eat, it's a signal to hit the hay.

I need a food intervention
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Lush_32
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Lush_32 »

I LOVE drinking alone right now it's just me and a bottle of JD's I've had four bottles of wine through the day but now this is my time and yes I have a dentists app in 11 and a half hours which I cannot cancel and no sleep the past tow days and I'm working my way through Tolstoy's War and peace but hey this is my time and I'm going to enjoy, enjoy,enjoy.

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Palinka wrote:As always, The Magazine got here first with the beautiful article, "The Zen of Drinking Alone".

Read it and then get in touch with your inner-monkey.
Amazing read. Read it, enjoying it, lived it. Did it many times. I remember one time, when my girlfriend left me, i was alone with a few bottles of cheap whiskey. I understood so much. I never even liked her. She would ruin my life like no amount of liquor ever could. Her father was a vampire slayer. Johny Cash sounds awesome when you're vomiting on your
mirror image. And most importantly - my inner self, an inner monkey if you will. I can live with it. And it would be selfish of me to keep it caged.

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

The best thing about drinking alone is you get to set your own pace. Drinking with mates is great, but sometimes when you're doing rounds you're already finished when the guy whose round it is next still has half a glass & seems content to sit on it, rather than politely draining it & jumping up to get the next one in. I mean, he's a mate but you're thirsty now. Also you get to choose the music when you're drinking alone. And no one is bothered if you feel like drinking in your underwear.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Casual Binger wrote:The best thing about drinking alone is you get to set your own pace.
This.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I miss Luckys. They had the best chocolate chocolate chip ice cream. Not monstrous chunks like Ben and Jerry, but nice flakes of semisweet choc in good choc ice cream.
like tears in rain

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Savage wrote:I miss Luckys. They had the best chocolate chocolate chip ice cream. Not monstrous chunks like Ben and Jerry, but nice flakes of semisweet choc in good choc ice cream.
Me too. I told the Canadian friend during this scene,

"I grew up drinking that milk!"

Yup.

A flood of memories come back when The Big Lebowski saunters into Ralphs, too.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Oh Ralphs. The bran muffins. Sigh. Nothing better. I can replicate them now, but the whole point was you just picked them up after work, and rolled out of bed the next morning, and there they were.
like tears in rain

DrunkenCatLady
Tippler
Tippler

Post by DrunkenCatLady »

I really, really love drinking alone.

Partly its because many people tend to start acting obnoxious and stupid once they get drunk, and even well plastered I don't have patience for that kind of stupidity. Partly its because when drinking with others, I feel the need to restrain myself, not drink too much more than they do. When I drink alone I can drink however much I want without worrying about what anyone might think. Also, opportunities to drink with other people are not too frequent. Opportunities to drink myself...as frequent as I like...

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

There are plenty of folks who like to do what you like to do.

You're never alone when you're drinking, as long as the SkyNet doesn't fall from the starlit maps above.

We drink to raise the heavens.

DRINK!

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

When I drink with "regular" people (call them friends, family, a random party) I`m drinking alone, as much as I can, till I drop. The last thing in my life that matters to me is this "what others might think" crap.
Drink!