Why don't people let me drink alone?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Why don't people let me drink alone?

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

Fathead wrote:I love to drink. Somedays I just like to do it alone. I have friends I have a girlfriend. Somedays I like to blow all of them off and drink by myself. What the hell do they care if I just want to get drunk and watch cartoons? I will continue to drink alone and they can maybe come over and watch but I am not going out tonight. There are just some things you have to put your foot down about.
good man. you should of been here a month or so ago when most of our threads were on the subject of drinking alone.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Last night after leaving the bar and waiting for my cab I layed down on the sidewalk and stared straight up at the night sky. It was magical. Even though there were plenty of people around me, I was alone in the universe at that point.
I hear ya. When I was stationed in Okinawa in the USMC, following a long night at the bar, me and several of my friends sat by the sea wall and watched the tide roll in from the East China Sea. We passed around a bottle and never spoke a word. Like you said above UnkleLemmy, I was definetly in my own universe. Good times.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Ah, Okinawa. I spent 8 years there with a Marine. Orion, the beer of beers... And we used to be able to get real Red Horse on base.
like tears in rain

CrunchyPissCrystals
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by CrunchyPissCrystals »

When I drink alone I prefer to be by myself.

And my bathroom is all the way upstairs while the kitchen is just around the corner so you know what that means.
"He has all of the virtues that I dislike, and none of the vices that I admire."
-Winston Churchill

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Orion, the beer of beers
Orion was a mighty tasty beverage. When I could get out to Naha there was a store that sold huge cans of Orion. I still have an empty one somewhere I kept as a souvenir. I think they were 40oz but it's a little foggy. We affectionetly named them "gas cans" because of the plastic handle and straw that came with each can.
Remember a wonderful little drink called Mojo?

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

God, Okinawa. I remember getting shitfaced with Mr. Miagi.

"Daniel-san, paint the fence. Daniel-san, pour more Saki!"
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Fathead
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Fathead »

I would just like to say that this was my first posting. Listening to you quality drunkards. I am home.
of all the words I can type right handed I like pimpin' the best

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

i understand completely. all of my friends claim to be lovers of the booze, but it is only on rare occasion when i can get them to drink with me, well more than a beer anyways. but i don't mind, they don't mind if i'm constantly working on a good buzz. a friend told me at his forst wedding anniversary how he looks at sex after marriage. he said that you always have to be ready to go, because she rarely is, and when she is and your not, its going to be a very long time before you get some again. i apply the same philosophy to my friends. and when they are ready to drink, its worth it, because we all know how to have a good time.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

WmBurroughs
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by WmBurroughs »

Drinking alone. Its good. I split it up. Half the time I drink I go to the bar, the other half I drink alone. Its cheaper to drink alone. And you don't have to make anybody else comfortable. I can sit in the best chair in my house whn I drink alone.
I drink everyday/everynight
I have since 1975

Creaky
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Creaky »

Why is it that every time you lie down on the sidewalk you have to go to the tank? And why is it that whenever the policeman "helps" you up yoiu have to throw a swing?

I like to drink with me too. I think everyone does. I never get no shit about it except in the morning after they open the door to let me go home. Ah, whatever.

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

Creaky wrote:Why is it that every time you lie down on the sidewalk you have to go to the tank? And why is it that whenever the policeman "helps" you up yoiu have to throw a swing?

I like to drink with me too. I think everyone does. I never get no shit about it except in the morning after they open the door to let me go home. Ah, whatever.
I agree 100%! I love lieing down on the sidewalk after a good drinking binge. Everybody is all, "You OK" or "Can I help you, whats wrong?". Nothings worng, its great! Come down and join me, you'll see how great it is!
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

UnkleLemmy wrote:...I agree 100%! I love lying down on the sidewalk after a good drinking binge. Everybody is all, "You OK" or "Can I help you, whats wrong?". Nothing's worng, it's great! Come down and join me, you'll see how great it is!
Lemmuel, you really are an attention whore! And I mean that in a nice way...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

MORRISON
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by MORRISON »

I drink alone Monday - Thursday then the GF shows up on Friday. I totally dig it. I get home from work and watch back to back episodes of the Simpsons and have bourbons. It is damn relaxing.

M

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

Bourbon and anything is pretty relaxing.

Love that bourbon.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

jerryg
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jerryg »

I love drinking alone-that's when I break out the *good stuff* Plus I get to pick the tunes.