Why don't people let me drink alone?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Fathead
Tippler
Tippler

Why don't people let me drink alone?

Post by Fathead »

I love to drink. Somedays I just like to do it alone. I have friends I have a girlfriend. Somedays I like to blow all of them off and drink by myself. What the hell do they care if I just want to get drunk and watch cartoons? I will continue to drink alone and they can maybe come over and watch but I am not going out tonight. There are just some things you have to put your foot down about.
of all the words I can type right handed I like pimpin' the best

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Exactly!

7calspergram
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by 7calspergram »

Drinking alone ain't never heart nobody. Your round, Fathead!
At 7 calories per gram, they STILL
won't list alcohol as an essential nutrient.
Pretty damned essential to me...

Hugh Janblack
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Hugh Janblack »

Read this months article on going on a bender. I love to drink alone, gives me time to go through my shit, think about things I can't when others are around. Play with myself. And the silence! Oh, I love the silence - when you want it. And when the silence gets too much, let out a huge scream - who the fuck will care?

Drinking alone is a form of meditation.
Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

It will hurt less if you don't struggle.

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

Man, I do that all the fucking time. It rules. You get to watch, listen too, and think about anything you want. You can dance. You can beat off. You can shit with the door open. You can rewind the same scene, or song, over and over. No one will judge you if you piss in the sink while listening to the vindictives. I find it to be much like prayer or meditation as well, and would go bonkers without it. It's a wonderful thing. Like the bender article said, close the blinds, take the phone off the hook, and rock out with your cock out. Hell, I think I'll skip the stupid show and do that tonight!!!
Last edited by Combat Rock on Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

Why is it that pot smokers can sit, smoke, and watch tv all by themselves and no one gives them shit, but if I do the same with a case of beer (hell of a lot cheaper), I'm in need of an intervention?

For that matter, why do they get to wake and bake and I get the hairy eyeball for a morning beer?
stop thinking start drinking

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

I don't get razzed about drinking alone. At my age, most of my friends are at home drinking alone too. Instead of meeting at bars like we did 10 years ago, we just call each other. The conversations are about the same as the ones we had on barstools. Drunken blabber and if you say something stupid, nobody remembers the next day.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

I hate talking on the phone. After so many shows, my hearing's gone to shit.
stop thinking start drinking

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Combat Rock wrote: No one will judge you if you piss in the sink while listening to the vindictives.
You know how to Party! :lol:

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

I love drinking alone. Its the only time I can let the monkey completely out of its cage.

And I always piss in the sink when drinking alone. But I don't listen to the vindictives. Sorry.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

AwHKaL
Souse
Souse

Post by AwHKaL »

i only drink alone. almost every night, as a matter of fact, im drinking alone right now.

its great because i dont have to put up with people talking shit about me listening to hank williams sr or johnny cash.

if i get bored of no interaction with other people, i have the internet for just that purpose. but ive found that i do the same drunken shit online, the other night i guess i was telling some woman about how i was totally in love with her

Uncle Sal
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Uncle Sal »

do whatever we want alone or together....
I've taken as much shit for burning as I have for drinking, although drinking seems to cause more dramatic episodes...
I don't think smoking herb is a threat to our drinking joe, shit stained noses turn up equaly to both with the exception of narrow minded drinkers... we all just want to feel good instead of bad. you know?
need a woman be good to me... won't hide my whiskey try to serve me tea...

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I find old Warner brothers cartoons deeply moving and meaningful when i'm drinking and droopy dog rocks

What's Opera, Doc?
like tears in rain

Rumgirl
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Rumgirl »

Aint nothing in this world finer than to drink and watch the sunset-alone.

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

Last night after leaving the bar and waiting for my cab I layed down on the sidewalk and stared straight up at the night sky. It was magical. Even though there were plenty of people around me, I was alone in the universe at that point. Unfortunately the cab came way to quick and brought me back down to earth. :(
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"