Ask Savage

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Re: Ask Savage

Post by ruiner »

Dear Savage:

Attempting (seemingly in vain) to quit smoking, for mostly financial reasons. (my wife says she wants me around when we're older, but I just can't see that as a goal for her. haven't I been irritant?)

do you recommend gum, patch, or cold turkey? So far just smoking enough not to kill anyone is a temporary fix.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

ruiner wrote:Dear Savage:

Attempting (seemingly in vain) to quit smoking, for mostly financial reasons. (my wife says she wants me around when we're older, but I just can't see that as a goal for her. haven't I been irritant?)

do you recommend gum, patch, or cold turkey? So far just smoking enough not to kill anyone is a temporary fix.
Wow. You are barking up the wrong tree, sonnyboy. I have never smoked. My daddy quit smoking his pipe when I was just leaving toddlerhood, and my mother only smoked when she watched soaps or played poker with her low-life girl friends. Then she quit. This was back in the 1960's. I do not understand the pleasure people get from sucking a burning piece of weed. When I run errands, and see the customers or saleshelp crouched in front of the shopfronts like forgotten dogs, puffing on their ciggies, I am nearly overcome with a sort of sorrow and disgust. It all seems so undignified. And I cannot imagine ever letting something make a slave of me to the point of addiction. Even my parents were merely dabblers in the smoking game. And by the way, yeah, I'm not addicted to bourbon. I gave up all booze for several months, while I underwent some medical tests and such. No problem, seriously. I like bourbon as I like chocolate. But I would never freak out if I didn't have either one. But I do enjoy them both. See the difference?
like tears in rain

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Savage Bloody Savage wrote: I do not understand the pleasure people get from sucking a burning piece of weed. ?
So I suppose this probably means I could trust you around my Cuban cigars when I'm not present?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

Drunkenstein44 wrote:
Savage Bloody Savage wrote: I do not understand the pleasure people get from sucking a burning piece of weed. ?
So I suppose this probably means I could trust you around my Cuban cigars when I'm not present?

you couldn't trust me.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

JohnnyTequila wrote:
Drunkenstein44 wrote:

you couldn't trust me.
You could count on that, JTq.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

Smoke blunts make of banana peels and leafy low grade weed.

or start chewing Red Man.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Drunkenstein44 wrote:
Oh, hell yeah! When Grumpy lights up one of those stinkers, I hold my breath. Bleh! I've tried to get him to switch to a pipe, and there are some yummy pipe tobaccos out there, but so far, no luck.
like tears in rain

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

Dear Savage,

do you ever sleep?

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

BBoozer wrote:Dear Savage,

do you ever sleep?
Not really. And when I occasionally do, bad things happen. (See my plaint about the fuckers who stole our Halloween display.)
like tears in rain

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

hi savage,
bloob here. first time posting on this thread. can i get a shot? i'm slightly troubled tonight because i am seeing a pattern where i am getting blamed for everything that goes on at my place of so-called work "blame it on that fuckin' halfbreed, he's drunk most of the time anyhow." thing is, i see right through their act. this shop would be nothing without me - i helped build it from the ground up over ten years ago and now i am the only one doing creative beautiful work and i see jealousy creeping up at every turn. the whole place is on the rocks and i see ten thousand albatrosses around it's neck and i am responsible for none of them, yet i get blamed for them all. am i being paranoid?

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

bluebottle wrote:hi savage,
bloob here. first time posting on this thread. can i get a shot? i'm slightly troubled tonight because i am seeing a pattern where i am getting blamed for everything that goes on at my place of so-called work "blame it on that fuckin' halfbreed, he's drunk most of the time anyhow." thing is, i see right through their act. this shop would be nothing without me - i helped build it from the ground up over ten years ago and now i am the only one doing creative beautiful work and i see jealousy creeping up at every turn. the whole place is on the rocks and i see ten thousand albatrosses around it's neck and i am responsible for none of them, yet i get blamed for them all. am i being paranoid?
No, darlin' you are not being paranoid. They are against you, and they need to be exterminated, or neutrilized, if you have a more tender hearth than Savage does.

I think I spelled some things wrong. But I guess you get my meaning.
like tears in rain

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

thank you again for the most perfect song felina! soothe my soul...

and savage, please call me darlin' anytime. i am feeling better already thanks to the both of you. i really feel like i'm being pushed out of my so-called job for the next wave of idiots that will truly run it all into the ground. i have ink all over my hands but i got most of it onto the pages and i hate to say it, but i am rather pleased with myself. one never intends to be hated for beauty, but hell - it gets lonely out here.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

bluebottle wrote:thank you again for the most perfect song felina! soothe my soul...

and savage, please call me darlin' anytime. i am feeling better already thanks to the both of you. i really feel like i'm being pushed out of my so-called job for the next wave of idiots that will truly run it all into the ground. i have ink all over my hands but i got most of it onto the pages and i hate to say it, but i am rather pleased with myself. one never intends to be hated for beauty, but hell - it gets lonely out here.
Oh, I am sorry! I'll go back to calling you shithead.
like tears in rain

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

Savage Bloody Savage wrote:
bluebottle wrote:thank you again for the most perfect song felina! soothe my soul...

Oh, I am sorry! I'll go back to calling you shithead.
i wish i was drunk so i could really insult you - but something like that, well, it would contain more than 6000 characters and some smilies, so you are spared.