One month binge

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: One month binge

Post by Smatter Noguts »

yes. no. wait. yes.

Judge

Post by Judge »

J. Tequila wrote:That's right. Starting today, I'm going to get drunk every day for a month, no detox here.

To prepare for this monumental venture, I've been getting drunk every day for the last week.

So, who's with old Johnny T?
I misunderstand this. I see something about JT getting drunk everyday. Then I see something about a monumental venture.

So, what's the monumental venture? Being as you get drunk everyday anyway. Is it another train crawl with Louie to OC?
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

In honor of this trend I am going to go an entire month without sleeping with any really attractive girls or making any smart financial decisions.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

I think we need to apply for a Pell grant to support this venture.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

anybody want to fill in what the F***k I've been doing for the last 6 weeks? Who am I, What am I. I don't recognise these glasses, don't joke a about a child, what's going on. Why am I here. What?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Binge, normal day, I don't even separate the two anymore.

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

J. Tequila wrote:That's right. Starting today, I'm going to get drunk every day for a month, no detox here.

To prepare for this monumental venture, I've been getting drunk every day for the last week.

So, who's with old Johnny T?
One month? Jesus, how the mighty have fucking fallen. I remember, yes, I'm channeling Andy-fucking-Rooney, when you almost went a month undrunk. 30 days of drinking? I got married in November and I'm still fucking drunk from that event... and goddamnit I'm going to continue getting drunk until it is unsustainable. 30 days? JohnnyT. I mock you. You-know-who mocks you, while drinking Ten-High from the grave.

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

How about twenty five years? Okay, I'll admit I took a few days off now and again lately, because of the wife complaining. And then again, what do you mean by 'drunk'? A buzz? Blackout? Unconsiencenous?

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

BBoozer wrote:How about twenty five years? Okay, I'll admit I took a few days off now and again lately, because of the wife complaining. And then again, what do you mean by 'drunk'? A buzz? Blackout? Unconsiencenous?
Not that I would dare to doubt your talent.

JohnnyAngst
Souse
Souse

Post by JohnnyAngst »

This may not be the right forum for this question but I'm thinking along the same lines as Boozer right now: What exactly constitutes a "binge?" The longest I've gone without a dry day was a little over a year and a half, from October 2008 until May 2010. I can't say that I ever blacked out during this period. I would typically start drinking around 10 or 11 AM and drink myself into an afternoon nap. Then would start drinking again immediately after waking up around 5 in the evening. Oddly enough, this was one of the more productive times of my life. I was a full time university student at the time and made A's in all of the courses I was enrolled in during those three semesters (Spring/Fall 2009 and Spring 2010).
I guess I'm not sure if the behavior I've described above actually constitutes a "binge" or not because not all of my activities were centered around drinking. I had to focus on the school thing too. I didn't take any road trips during this time either which is something that I consider semi-essential to the true drinking binge.
I'll be happy to take any feedback you all can provide on this topic.
"He saw the bottle quite clearly, it stood in the dark atop the dresser and it was just an extremely narrow, bright strip of light. That was the bottle, a bright strip of light in the darkness." - Heinrich Böll

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

J. Tequila wrote:
peetie44 wrote:Got get em, Johnny Tq!

Been drunk everyday since @Christmas. Being a blues piano-player has it's perks.
I thought you were a boogie-woogie piano player.
JTq...dependent upon both the listeners' and my own level of drunk.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

In order to be a proper binge, you have to visit the island every night, I mean drink a fith a day drunk.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

THAT'S IT! I am going on a month-long canned meat food product eating binge. GOUT, HERE I COME!
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

JohnnyAngst
Souse
Souse

Post by JohnnyAngst »

Okay, I've taken a little time to read the post defining the "bender." I have to say that I didn't meet all the criteria for a true bender during that year-and-a-half period I wrote about. It was just a year-and-a-half of experiencing the drunkard lifestyle. There were no blackouts, no injuries, and no particularly bad consequences. On the other hand, what I was asking about was the definition of a "binge," not a true bender. I think that, according to Barca's definition, I did get into the realm of the binge: "there's nothing better than getting up and drinking all day, but, in an of itself, that's not a bender. It can be... a binge."
I love y'all. Keep fightin' the good fight. And if I ever do find myself on a true bender. I'll be sure to let ya know.
"He saw the bottle quite clearly, it stood in the dark atop the dresser and it was just an extremely narrow, bright strip of light. That was the bottle, a bright strip of light in the darkness." - Heinrich Böll