cant find mead

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Judge

Re: cant find mead

Post by Judge »

Mr Boozificator wrote: Ha! Nice try, but everybody knows Minnesota doesn't exist. It's a fictional state the Brits invented to make the French jealous. In fact there are just forests there.
Sounds just like Belgium.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

Mead can be hard to find. The first time I bought it was in a museum about the Alamanni tribe. There are lots of kinds out there, some seem to be presented as honey wines, others as honey based alternatives to beer or cider, and others almost as liquers. I'm not sure what it's supposed to be. I wonder if there are old recipes that indicate what kind of beverage this was.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

they can be beery or winey, it depends how much water you add to the honey before it's fermented
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Freddie AppsHero »

John Barleycorn wrote:Mead can be hard to find. The first time I bought it was in a museum about the Alamanni tribe.
I'm Alemanni, I didn't know we had a museum. Where's this?

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

where the fuck is negromancer? i once got drunk just listening to him talk about mead....
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Wingman wrote:where the fuck is negromancer? i once got drunk just listening to him talk about mead....
I was asking myself the exact same question.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Glasgae Sam
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Glasgae Sam »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Wingman wrote:where the fuck is negromancer? i once got drunk just listening to him talk about mead....
So Boozy, for reasons totally not related to the HBE, how would you feel about a bottle of mead being delivered to you? Just in case, theoretically, someone had already sent you one and it was due to arrive shortly. Heh.
Let us have wine and women, mirth and laughter,
Sermons and soda water the day after.

www.drunchblog.com <- it's full of pictures of epic breakfasts made by me and my friends. That's about it.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Glasgae Sam wrote:
Mr Boozificator wrote:
So Boozy, for reasons totally not related to the HBE, how would you feel about a bottle of mead being delivered to you? Just in case, theoretically, someone had already sent you one and it was due to arrive shortly. Heh.
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

Glasgae Sam
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Glasgae Sam »

I love it when a plan comes together :)
Let us have wine and women, mirth and laughter,
Sermons and soda water the day after.

www.drunchblog.com <- it's full of pictures of epic breakfasts made by me and my friends. That's about it.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Glasgae Sam wrote:I love it when a plan comes together :)
Looking forward for the next time we meet my friend.
Pm me your address, I just got an idea.

MasSangre
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by MasSangre »

Has anyone ever tried this? I know its not mead, But it says it has honey in it. TJD Tennesee Honey Honey. I never tried this before. I saw it at Wal Mart when I was buying groceries but didnt buy it. Im guessing its TJD, but with Honey in it. What u think? ever try it? Should i buy it?

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

I've had it. Very sweet with little-to-no whiskey taste at all. More like caramel schnapps than Tennessee Whiskey with a bit of honey. The wife seems to like it, though.

Bars around here have been using the TJD Honey in their big shot chillers rather than Jager. Mostly a lateral move, IMHO.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Mglaffas
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Mglaffas »

I live in Denmark - Mead is just around the corner! :)

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

Any wine store sold sell it.