The Morning Beer

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: The Morning Beer

Post by Lush City »

Miklo wrote:It has been awhile since I have taken the old lady out for breakfast, I had friday off and the kids were in school so I decided to take her to my favorite pub which has a little dinner attached to the back. It is some damn good food too. So its about 8 oclock, I make my order and also a budwiser, this got an immediant look up from the couple at the next table over. I caught him several times staring me down, but i just looked back at him and took another sip and he quickly looked away. Beer after beer i could feel the undrunk eyes of this hater staring me down, gimme a break were in a fucking bar.
This was booze envy. He was with a wife who took his dick and now he's in Hell. He wanted to be sucking down wonderful brew with a salty breakfast but his old lady was right on top of him. It's no mystery. You surrender your freedom and possibly your manhood in some marital alliances. So, young men beware.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

yep, a clear case of envy. and marrige, that animal is a beast of its own class.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

JohnnyAngst
Souse
Souse

Post by JohnnyAngst »

John Barleycorn wrote:
BBoozer wrote:
Miklo wrote:It has been awhile since I have taken the old lady out for breakfast, I had friday off and the kids were in school so I decided to take her to my favorite pub which has a little dinner attached to the back. It is some damn good food too. So its about 8 oclock, I make my order and also a budwiser, this got an immediant look up from the couple at the next table over. I caught him several times staring me down, but i just looked back at him and took another sip and he quickly looked away. Beer after beer i could feel the undrunk eyes of this hater staring me down, gimme a break were in a fucking bar.
Well, funny thing is, here in Europe it's not done to order a beer at breakfast. ON THE OTHER HAND, in most hotels you can drink as much champagne as you want at breakfast. In fact, it is common to have a bit of champagne for breakfast. In fact, when I'm on a business trip, I tend to do a shot of vodka to get things started in th emorning as I'm slow waking up. Fuck those judgmental people.
In Bavaria, a common second breakfast (the meal near 10:00 AM) is wheat beer, pretzels, weißwurst, and sweet mustard.
Second Breakfast? Isn't that all the rage in the Shire? "First Breakfast, Second Breakfast, then Elevensies, then Lunch; then Afternoon Tea, then Dinner, then Supper."
"He saw the bottle quite clearly, it stood in the dark atop the dresser and it was just an extremely narrow, bright strip of light. That was the bottle, a bright strip of light in the darkness." - Heinrich Böll