Gatorade

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: Gatorade

Post by Two Hearted »

Gatorade for the kids.
(although electrolytes will help, best to chug one upon going to "sleep" if you can remember to).

Daily doses of Milk Thistle, Super B Complex (esp. Thiamine), and Magnesium, for the big guns.

No Joke.

The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Aaaaarrrghhhh...Milk Thistle has no useful medicinal properties, especially not for a hangover. Taking a vitamin B compound will help out the old liver in the long-term but, again, will do nothing to help shift a hangover. As for taking magnesium, be very careful with it; it is a poison.

For mild hangovers, Gatorade will help as it will rehydrate and replace certain salts and sugars (but then so would a packet of diarrhea salts washed down with water).

For moderate or medium hangovers, codeine phosphate will shift the bugger (see your pharmacist for details). Don't forget to replace those lost fluids, salts and sugars too - a small cooked breakfast with plenty of non-caffeinated fluids will sort that out.

For bad hangovers: either a little "hair of the dog" or, if one is forced to be undrunk for the day (oh, cruel and inhumane society...), take 10mg diazepam, 30mg cetirizine, 60mg codeine phosphate and a 500mls saline drip (attached via canula to the arm).

For those horrendous, "omg, I'm afraid that I might not die" type hangovers: These require either a serious amount of the "hair of the dog", or hospitalization followed by a complete blood change.

The safe alternative is to ensure that one maintains ones blood-alcohol levels at a reasonable level at all times. This can be monitored with a standard police issue breathalyzer. Find the level that works best for you, the level at which you begin to pass out, the level at which you start to feel ill and the amount of alcohol that your body processes in one hour (make sure that you write all of this information down). Now, with a little mathematics, you can figure out how much sleep time you can have before the alarm goes off, to alert you to take the five shots of booze that will enable you to sleep for another few hours. Of course, this will, perforce, take some of the spontaneity out of your relationship with dear old hooch...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Palinka wrote: The safe alternative is to ensure that one maintains ones blood-alcohol levels at a reasonable level at all times. This can be monitored with a standard police issue breathalyzer. Find the level that works best for you, the level at which you begin to pass out, the level at which you start to feel ill and the amount of alcohol that your body processes in one hour (make sure that you write all of this information down). Now, with a little mathematics, you can figure out how much sleep time you can have before the alarm goes off, to alert you to take the five shots of booze that will enable you to sleep for another few hours. Of course, this will, perforce, take some of the spontaneity out of your relationship with dear old hooch...
Finally, some one speaks the tenets of the Knights Tippler. Modified they are to stay 2 to 5 drinks into your buzz, tolerance dependent, at all times. It's a marathon not a drag race.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I started worshiping my hangovers. Working completely smashed can be a fun game, it just takes some self-mockery.
Play with them, give them names: You think you`re a bad motherfucker huh? Tell you what son, you`re nothing compared to malicious Matilda from last week. I`ll name you tiny Timmy then. Next...
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

mistah willies wrote:
mistah willies wrote:
mistah willies wrote:
Three fingers of vanilla chocolate?
WTF?

Ah hahahaha!

Hint: never levae your puter open when you got a good drunk hoing on and the nleave

Dotta done this ion both of my FB accounts too form time to time

Hehehe what the hell this isn;t favebook this is

DRINKQ!
Dotta did it again!

I left the faveface, wait, myface. Spacebook. My favorite face.

the ME ME book (meme?)

Ya know, BF thing open and she said this, on that anitsocial site:

"My itching arse woke me up. got smelly finger"

That's not cool man

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hahaha, very entertaining. Now herring and beer, sunday can stay on that way
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:Hahaha, very entertaining. Now herring and beer, sunday can stay on that way
The dark meat of the mackerel is the oiliest, and the best. Beer for cheer

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
mistah willies wrote:Nail polish, aftershave, sterno, vanilla extract and pruno. These are in my emergency grab bag
Lets ad breaking disk cleaner, cup of nutmeg and gherkins. There`s no such thing called an emergency ever again

Now for some Blue Curacao!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Oh my, nice detail in the background. Almost missed it,
Now, chose your destiny please
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Indeed.

Not a pinkie, nor yellow at all.

Je voudrais une bot du le Bleu!
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Dale
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Dale »

Just don't mix, drink your Booze, and the next working day drink Coffee, Gatorade,water andd so on.
That's what I do.
And then in the evening after work it's Booze and Beer.
"What doesn't kill you makes you ... stranger."

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

If you don`t like this hangover, you don`t deserve it. Never earned it.
In the meantime, just switch brains:
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Ya know, kinda miss having a hangover. Those were the good ole days. Oh well, here's a toast to keeping the liver in line on a daily basis. No complaining! Take this DRINK!

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

My only relationship with Gatorade goes back to a school trip to Italy when I was 14 years old, and the poor kid blasted all his money on a crate of the stuff on our second day. He spent spent the following twelve days living off alms from his fellow students.
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

Dale

Post by Dale »

Today I drink Booze unmixed and Beer, the next day in the morning i go to the drinking market of a supermarket and drink 2 Red Bull and then later in the office, coffee and water.
"What doesn't kill you makes you ... stranger."